IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Did you guys manage to grab all the deleted tracks before they got deleted?

Yeah, a bunch of us did. The zip file being linked to on this page of the thread includes everything.

stop worrying about the deleted tracks, everyone's got everything,

there's like 20 mega and dropbox links all over...

I'm worrying about the fact that his cereal break is taking a bit long, maybe that's it for today, what a day !

Perhaps RDJ/CTD/Windowlicker is all one era and the best demos were computer/DSP processed or used to trigger more sophisticated recordings. The largest differentiation btw DJ and CTD/Windowlicker is the advancement in edits/dsp fuckery imo.

About Girl/Boy copyright control : he uploaded a Donkey Rhubarb remix yesterday, with the name "Donkey Rhubarb" in it and some really similar sounds, but it did not got removed so... :shrug:

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

styles he hasn't dropped yet in soundcloud deluge:

-electro acoustic compositions/manipulated field recordings

-computer controlled acoustic tracks

-drukqs style acid+breaks

it seems like besides that he's put something up from almost every conceivable era, which makes sense since those styles above are mostly from Drukqs and beyond

Drukqs and beyond, if we believe stuff he said in interviews, is all stuff that he's been putting into piles to make albums and he's got at least six of them from that period ready to be released. (If we believe stuff he said in interviews.) So it would make sense if we didn't get unreleased stuff from Drukqs and beyond maybe. If we believe stuff he said in interviews.

maybe he uploaded the wrong version of Girl/Boy 'dark version' by accident?

he used to play this version out live all the time, the beginning is an evil version of the original girl/boy

Edited by John Ehrlichman

with jdownloader you can load them all in one go. Just copy the account's url, and jdownloader grabs all links. 96 by now. S.i.x.t.y.n.i.n.e.!!! What great times!

hey thanks a lot, i've managed it somehow with other app... btw, track's quality is @128kbps right?

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

it seems like besides that he's put something up from almost every conceivable era, which makes sense since those styles above are mostly from Drukqs and beyond

Drukqs and beyond, if we believe stuff he said in interviews, is all stuff that he's been putting into piles to make albums and he's got at least six of them from that period ready to be released. (If we believe stuff he said in interviews.) So it would make sense if we didn't get unreleased stuff from Drukqs and beyond maybe. If we believe stuff he said in interviews.

perhaps, but in equal measure it would make equal sense to hold onto a lot of these soundcloud tracks too for some kind of compilation/box set release. Besides being a really generous dude, there is no logical reason to unleash almost 100 unreleased tracks like this, new or old (if his main concern was what his next 'release' was going to be).

Edited by John Ehrlichman

with jdownloader you can load them all in one go. Just copy the account's url, and jdownloader grabs all links. 96 by now. S.i.x.t.y.n.i.n.e.!!! What great times!

hey thanks a lot, i've managed it somehow with other app... btw, track's quality is @128kbps right?

yep, until richard enables the downloads (hopefully)

perhaps, but in equal measure it would make equal sense to hold onto a lot of these soundcloud tracks too for some kind of compilation/box set release. Besides being a really generous dude, there is no logical reason to unleash almost 100 unreleased tracks like this, new or old (if his main concern was what his next 'release' was going to be).

but wer'e talking about aphex twin here, ;)

I'm holding out hope he puts up all the Windowlicker alternates and outtakes - the ones that were officially released were superb (Windowlicker is probably my favourite Aphex track of all time next to Alberto Balsalm), and I'd love to hear more.

sounds the same as the vinyl rip to me, which probably means it isnt richard

Yeah, I'd be surprised if that was Rich - probably someone trying to cash in on the hype (how?)

Or just be a troll

Ya'll realize this is like a study in the transformation of general production methods and technology over the years?

Also, someone get a musicologist in here. There are papers to be written.

Edited by danke

Guest fiznuthian

Seems perfectly logical to find be amused by the response you get when you unload loads of tracks on your rabid fanbase anonymously on a soundcloud.

Chrysalis owns the publishing and copyright to his songs - even unreleased ones, so if they are ever sold, the publisher gets a cut (at least that was the case with the CWLP). This might not apply since they're not being given away or sold (probably why the downloads have been turned off since early on).