IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Rob: Did you see User4873653001's soundcloud stream?

Sean: kek

Rob: I think it's actually Aphex, we heard him play some of these tunes out before

Sean: meh

Rob: Is it time to launch operation Quaristice soundboard?

Sean: *kicks snow in northface jacket*

​Rob: Sean pls

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Rob: Did you see User4873653001's soundcloud stream?

Sean: kek

Rob: I think it's actually Aphex, we heard him play some of these tunes out before

Sean: meh

Rob: Is it time to launch operation Quaristice soundboard?

Sean: *kicks snow in northface jacket*

​Rob: Sean pls

looool

Remember folks - the UK is 5+ hours ahead of most the US, so it's probably time for the kiddos to be put to bed...

yesss. put the kids to bed then back to the computer for up late uploading :)

The man's got to have time to MAKE music too, you know!

It's midnight here and I think that tracks were being posted at 2-3 a.m. last night, and that the uploads today started later than they did yesterday.

Or maybe it's all over and we can start digesting the huge pile of music that was just dumped on us.

Remember folks - the UK is 5+ hours ahead of most the US, so it's probably time for the kiddos to be put to bed...

yesss. put the kids to bed then back to the computer for up late uploading :)

The man's got to have time to MAKE music too, you know!

Richard is actually making these tracks right now, he bashed out 90 in a couple of days.

I've always wanted to hear more of the downtempo version of Windowlicker that plays at the start of the video underneath the dialogue between the two guys. Don't know if there's any more to it other than what was in the video, it sounds like it fades out instead of ending, maybe it's a whole track. The bass in that one is great.

I think that's a (unreleased) luke vibert mix no?

According to us, no one knows, but people seem to be leaning towards Aphex. http://forum.watmm.com/topic/3633-first-song-on-windowlicker-music-video/

I think if it'd been Vibert they'd have given him a mention in the credits. But I'm pretty sure it says that all the music is by Aphex. But hey, we might actually get a definitive answer to this question in the next few days.

Guest crowndicey

Really hoping for some more RDJ/Come To Daddy stuff. Everything has been amazing so far but it feels like it just started reeeeally cookin.

Late on this part of the conversation (real work getting in the way!) but to clarify: I'd expect Warp to own the copyrights for the recordings on their albums, but RDJ to own copyrights in the compositions themselves. So RDJ couldn't put out girl/boy on Rephlex, but he could re-record a wholly new version based on the music he wrote.

But I admit music law/industry practice is maddenly complex and something I'm glad I don't have to deal with often.