IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I'm finally organizing these into a 'best of' playlist. At 25 tracks so far.

Me too, for a friend (for me too, but i make these compilations so Aphex come in handy rite now, so relistens strengthen many of these outstanding tunes.

Edited by Das Gespenst

All tracks up to 7 Cutting (no custom info is added, just comments, tags and artist name): https://mega.co.nz/#!2MUXDRQQ!M8bIbDvOwIt9Spn1TEicPYBRPjm7RzdTQy9kiKOfWIw

Thanks!

This is unbelievable. Damn! Just read abou the soundcloud, and that user.

user48736353001.

This is Awesome! ;)

Im not that good with soundcloud. But i tried ripping or download myself. But i understand, or what i have read. Its only possible to download in 128 kpbs... (That was the best i could get myself.)

Not the good quality as in the soundcloud page. Thats a shame. But this is awesome!!!!

I hope that page stays up then. ;) You can really hear the diffrence in the quality. I havnt even listened to anything yet! Like 2 songs.

Now im gonna listen in soundcloud! Thanks for the rip!

Wow. Im glad i found this. Better late then never.

Edited by temp1

Guest murphythecat8

I have the feeling, with the last few tracks, that its the end.

he released all his old tracks and cannot release drukqs era or later. this will come with the next LP

Hmm I have all the links (the 96 so far) if anyone wants. Tried to post them but came up with loads of soundcloud junk

Edited by Spazige

can anybody tell if these were 'mastered' or not?

I was wondering the same, but my own answer was that these track clearly show that "mastering" may be a very overrated process i.e. good sound production, good recording and good mixing are what makes what's referred to as "mastering"

But I'm clearly no mastering expert so I may be totally wrong

Edit: even tho track sound very homogenic so I bet that in that, some kind of mastering was needed

Edited by pierlu

Guest Londonskater

Damn! The registration process is tough here, huh?

Anyhow...I just signed up to ask if anyone else catch that track which went up on the https://soundcloud.com/causticwindowaccount and then promptly disappeared?

---

Hey,

caustic window just uploaded a new public track called Flutey, check it out!

Listen to Flutey

From your friends at SoundCloud.

---

Anyone?

It went up 33 mins after 7 Cutting.

Anyhow...I just signed up to ask if anyone else catch that track which went up on the https://soundcloud.com/causticwindowaccount and then promptly disappeared?

---

Hey,

Listen to Flutey

---

Anyone?

SC caustic window is Fake

Guest Londonskater

---

Hey,

Listen to Flutey

---

Anyone?

SC caustic window is Fake

Ah, okay...I wasn't 100% as the account seemed to be doing odd stuff earlier today in getting in with comments super quick on every legit post.

So much stuff, amazing. 7cutting is lush, perfect lullaby to end the eruption of goodies.

Because this surely must be the end of it?

I was wondering the same, but my own answer was that these track clearly show that "mastering" may be a very overrated process i.e. good sound production, good recording and good mixing are what makes what's referred to as "mastering"

All of them sounded mastered to me so far. I imagine for the tracks that were just snippets or weren't planning on ever being released, RDJ may have just ran them through his gear to master them himself (considering his list of gear contains what many actual mastering engineers would lust after). when you're that entrenched in sonics and have that level of skill, you can do a damn fine job mastering your own stuff despite the whole rule of "never master your own material".

All of them sounded mastered to me so far. I imagine for the tracks that were just snippets or weren't planning on ever being released, RDJ may have just ran them through his gear to master them himself (considering his list of gear contains what many actual mastering engineers would lust after). when you're that entrenched in sonics and have that level of skill, you can do a damn fine job mastering your own stuff despite the whole rule of "never master your own material".

I also suspect that much of what we're hearing was perhaps all ready for release including mastering. i.e. Q-Chastic, the IG-88 album that was never released (rumored to have been Grant), AB6, 2nd Polygon Window, etc.

this is like one of those "Wouldn't that be crazy if this happened!?!?!!" scenarios we used to talk about on this forum back when my rabid fandom was at it's peak. Except it actually happened. I just never thought it would actually happen and it's making me really happy.

I'm still hoping he'll upload this and another one using the same style...

[youtubehd]XFWf3NhDDvU[/youtubehd]

woah that sounds really good, never heard it before. Anyone know the name (or have a youtube link) of one of the post 2005 live tracks that Noise/EOD remastered before the release of Rushup Edge that sounds like RDJ doing gantz graf/kill robok style? There were 2 different recordings of it I remember hearing, one of them very short about 45 seconds and another that was about 2 minutes. The 45 second one gives the impression of a potential pisstake but the longer one sounds like it was a full fleshed out track.

LionelSFisher - is it you, Jasphm? :emotawesomepm9:

Nah, wasn't me. I was banned,then unbanned.

sorry to hear that. hope they wont ban you again

i have a feeling this is it. hope i'm wrong. 7+ hours of material will take some time to get familiar with, i didnt even heard all tracks from start to finish, this is so much...i wont get suprised if by morning everything will be taken down

THANKS RICHARD! YUAR BEST!

I hope that when the torrent of music stops, there will be zip that you can download that the community agrees on is the whole thing sorted, tagged, commented etc correctly, because I barely have time to listen to the stuff, much less download and organize it...

That would be nice... or a way to purchase the lot...

Ditto, sounds like another joint project for the two of you...

I hope that when the torrent of music stops, there will be zip that you can download that the community agrees on is the whole thing sorted, tagged, commented etc correctly, because I barely have time to listen to the stuff, much less download and organize it...

That would be nice... or a way to purchase the lot...

Ditto, sounds like another joint project for the two of you...

Joyrex/Richard pls.

Edit: even tho track sound very homogenic so I bet that in that, some kind of mastering was needed

I'm not a mastering expert either, but I just listened to Come to Daddy (mummy mix) and a few tracks from HAB on my sound system back to back with the Metal Beat track and the Baby track from the soundcloud dump, the official releases have a lighter less beefy mastering touch done to them, at least on these 2 tracks. I like the way this Metal Beat one sounds especially, reminds me of the way Minipops was mastered. This could be all in my imagination but I'm leaning towards the idea RDJ is either mastering (some of) these himself or had someone do it.

edit: the theory im proposing, that if some of these are already mastered (maybe the ones with track #s) its good evidence at least some of these tracks will get an official physical/digital release

Edited by John Ehrlichman

My guess is that each of these was put through a limiter while being ripped to get them at the same volume, and with a little eq to taste. The one exception is Bellbrk, which sounds really quiet in comparison.

I've been wondering about this too. Most of the tracks have a very well rounded and full sound to them. On the other hand, the loudness levels are all over the place from track to track.

can anybody tell if these were 'mastered' or not? To me they sound like they were, some of the tracks from very different eras /sessions have sometimes a matching eq curve and very samey volume. He made a comment about having to wait for other people to master his stuff, and that was part of the reason he was taking so long with his back catalog, did he already have someone do all these tracks/do it himself/ or not do it at all is what im wondering

edit: for instance, listen to 'make a baby' compared to other HAB tracks or 'Metal Beat' compared to come to daddy tracks, they sound in some ways beefier and they are possibly mastered in a more modern style. I know its not popular around these parts to talk mastering, but im just really curious. If he's mastering these himself they sound really decent.

edit2: Metal Beat almost sounds like its being overdriven into some kind of tube compressor, and i dont remember any of the tracks on Come to Daddy sounding like that. Really nice

edit3: extra anal comment: are some of these tracks possibly sourced from mp3 files? '5 26 demo' sounds like it came from a compressed/lossy format, whereas Make a Baby and Metal Beat dont

Def. not all mastered - some big volume jumps from one song to the next song. He could be doing some mastering himself with plugs or some of his nice hardware.