IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest BorealPants

Stopped in for info / reviews on the EP and to my surprise, discovered this. While the new EP was exciting, this is amazing on an entirely different level. Fantastic! Thanks Richard!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I think "7 Cutting" is proof that he's really gonna unload choons from every era.

I don't know man. I'm feeling like it's going to wind down - the throwing a few tasters of stuff people were really clamouring to hear at the end was like the encore. I will be more than happy to be proven totally and utterly wrong.

Girl Boy Dark Version is literally the same orchestral section transposed into minor key, so it's definitely a lot closer to the original than the Donkey Rhubarb remix - wouldn't be surprised if it was Warp, Sire or Soundcloud playing tricky buggers.

I think "7 Cutting" is proof that he's really gonna unload choons from every era.

I don't know man. I'm feeling like it's going to wind down - the throwing a few tasters of stuff people were really clamouring to hear at the end was like the encore. I will be more than happy to be proven totally and utterly wrong.

You're saying what I've been thinking since Girl Boy went dark. We'll see I guess!

Guest bitroast

hmm wonder why he deleted it

maybe he crossed a bridge too far even for Warp putting that one up

as opposed to like.. the 26 mixes for cash track that got uploaded? hehe

the girl boy dark version had some clipping starting around 2:08 (which of course didnt hinder me from thoroughly enjoying it). that could have been the reason it was taken down.

Edited by very honest

You're saying what I've been thinking since Girl Boy went dark. We'll see I guess!

o ye of little faith

I'm doubtful that there will be any Druqs era stuff. I think we are reaching the end of road here....but who knows could be wrong, especially since he supposedly has 200 + tracks from that time.

It would be awesome if he is setting aside some of the more choice tunes for some sort of release but that may be wishful thinking. If not this may be the last we ever hear of older material.

can anybody tell if these were 'mastered' or not? To me they sound like they were, some of the tracks from very different eras /sessions have sometimes a matching eq curve and very samey volume. He made a comment about having to wait for other people to master his stuff, and that was part of the reason he was taking so long with his back catalog, did he already have someone do all these tracks/do it himself/ or not do it at all is what im wondering

edit: for instance, listen to 'make a baby' compared to other HAB tracks or 'Metal Beat' compared to come to daddy tracks, they sound in some ways beefier and they are possibly mastered in a more modern style. I know its not popular around these parts to talk mastering, but im just really curious. If he's mastering these himself they sound really decent.

edit2: Metal Beat almost sounds like its being overdriven into some kind of tube compressor, and i dont remember any of the tracks on Come to Daddy sounding like that. Really nice

edit3: extra anal comment: are some of these tracks possibly sourced from mp3 files? '5 26 demo' sounds like it came from a compressed/lossy format, whereas Make a Baby and Metal Beat dont

Edited by John Ehrlichman

There's definitely a couple of unreleased live tracks I want to hear that I can't imagine are ever going to be released that are from drukqs+ era. I hope I at least get to hear clean copies of those.

hmm wonder why he deleted it

maybe he crossed a bridge too far even for Warp putting that one up

as opposed to like.. the 26 mixes for cash track that got uploaded? hehe

or rich wanted another version to be uploaded (the one with beats:) hope he's not embarrassed by this dark version and and second thoughts about it.

26 5 is now 26 5 [demo]

maybe jazz: I also noticed that 14 Modular Acid became: 14 Moodular Acid[pissflaps mix]

and 7 ∂∆ became 7 ∂∆ [rough mix]
i stated earlier that "26 5" has an "a" to it. "26 5a" in the url. Rich seems to sift through once in a while. leeds orbit became leeds orbot[live]. Edited by Das Gespenst

I think that, starting from the Hangable Auto Bulb era, what you would considered a listenable track was longer to produce. Before that, he would jam on synths and drum machines, and it's a lot easier to get 3, 4 or 5 minutes of listenable music this way. I don't think he's got a lot of unreleased finished Drukqs songs, but instead things like "7 Cutting".

So, yeah, i think the uploads will be more scarce tomorrow, but i really want to be proved wrong.