IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Imagine if a year ago someone told you Aphex would release an album, do a super in-depth interview with 45 tracks/snippits, release an EP, then post 155 old tracks online for free while chatting happily away with people on soundcloud.

These are good times we live in.

imagine if he did this after releasing the Caustic Window LP via a Kickstarter on Watmm...

Edited by hayhook

Aphex Water Torture - Death by a thousand tracks. Seems like a good way to go I guess, quite good drips.

There are some tracks in the collection I haven't heard for days, and I'm listening to this stuff for most of the day...brain still adjusting to seeing what amounts to a decades worth of quality stuff dropped in one go.

Imagine if a year ago someone told you Aphex would release an album, do a super in-depth interview with 45 tracks/snippits, release an EP, then post 155 old tracks online for free while chatting happily away with people on soundcloud.

These are good times we live in.

imagine if he did this after releasing the Caustic Window LP via a Kickstarter on Watmm...

Haha right I forgot about that one!

Are people copying down the descriptions on the tracks? I have a note with them all, at least I think I have them all. [...] I think I'll just put them as close to upload order as I can and dig in. But what about Girl/Boy Dark Version & Red Calx?

This spreadsheet probably has everything you're looking for, including the upload order for those two deleted tracks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

I'd like to thank whoever did this spreadsheet, a great way to get all the little titbits of info. Is there any way to save a link to it my Google docs otherwise I'll lose it?

Imagine if a year from now someone told you Aphex would release an album, do a super in-depth interview with 45 tracks/snippits, release an EP, then post 155 old tracks online for free while chatting happily away with people on soundcloud.

we'll all be completely spoiled, going, oh yeah rly, that all?

(i won't, richie :wub: )

btw all the new tracks are happy happy joy joy :music:

edit: just noticed the last track was 4 hrs ago. up early for a change?

Edited by rst

I'm repeating myself, but I would still love Richard to drop the Q-Chastic tracks and AB6 track 1

and more Sekonda cousins

and maybe 101 Rainbows [the NOT Ambient mix] - if there is such a thing?

k thnx bai

I personally think he meant soundcloud and not the HDD. Hoping it's just a brief pause!

You are, well, Heath. Only the second one.

I am Heath. Who was the first one? I might be the first and they might be the second...

I personally think he meant soundcloud and not the HDD. Hoping it's just a brief pause!

You are, well, Heath. Only the second one.

I am Heath. Who was the first one? I might be the first and they might be the second...

read the rules

Are people copying down the descriptions on the tracks? I have a note with them all, at least I think I have them all. [...] I think I'll just put them as close to upload order as I can and dig in. But what about Girl/Boy Dark Version & Red Calx?

This spreadsheet probably has everything you're looking for, including the upload order for those two deleted tracks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

I'd like to thank whoever did this spreadsheet, a great way to get all the little titbits of info. Is there any way to save a link to it my Google docs otherwise I'll lose it?

Why the fuck is Aphex Twin - Because You don't Give a Fuck EP [unreleased] there?

There is more shit like that in there, so I would advise caution.

Edited by 4d0lf

Good morning guys - long-time stalker (since the days when it was just plain ol' 'Joyrex' - what was that, like 15 years ago ?) - also been stalking this thread since all this kicked off - so I felt this is a good time to make it legit - like everyone else here this Soundcloud "dump" hehe - has consumed my life the past few weeks - with all that said...

Just thought I'd point out (and apologies if someone mentioned this already) that FACT Mag posted last night about the Google doc - and respectively gave WATMM full credit for the nerdery: http://www.factmag.com/2015/02/05/take-that-genius-aphex-twin-fans-annotate-the-entire-soundcloud-demo-dump/

Untitled_zpscda6f4df.jpg

Name of this thread should be changed to "long time lurker, just signed to post in this thread, because it got media attention".

..also since when read the rules means hello?

Name of this thread should be changed to "long time lurker, just signed to post in this thread, because it got media attention".

Hi.

First, Mr. Mike is not answering to me asking about Mr. Richards health. I know it was stupid of me to ask that.

Then Mr. Richard makes a competition to find "An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead".

Next I see that stupid(I hope) post on 4chan ending with 666. :mellow:https://boards.4chan.org/mu/thread/53341727/aphex-soundcloud-general#p53343666

:mellow: