IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

IMG-1828.jpg

Punch me, please. What a tool indeed.

Dude looks like the chapter president of the the local white guilt and contrarian backlash committee. Basking in the irony of being a Bengals fan while taking contrived selfies is a dead give away.

Article is a veritable

hipster-trap-20110316-234958.jpg

fucking hell, does he just sit there with his laptop on his knees drinking energy drinks and complain about aphex twin? what the fuck?

Dual acid is another killer

i agree with everyone else -it's really hard to take all of it in at once

it's like having all different kinds of sex with the hottest chick ever ,while eating the best lobster sushi while getting your balls and ass licked ,while eating the best dark chocolate while watching a sunset on a roller coaster ,while fireworks are going off while on acid,smoking a spliff,while getting a massage frpm 3 hot babes at once while you are still shagging the first hot babe,,while listening to the best aphexs ever

Edited by yikes

it's like having all different kinds of sex with the hottest chick ever ,while eating the best lobster sushi while getting your balls and ass licked ,while eating the best dark chocolate while watching a sunset on a roller coaster ,while fireworks are going off while on acid,smoking a spliff,while getting a massage frpm 3 hot babes at once while you are still shagging the first hot babe,,while listening to the best aphexs ever

and then you write article to vice:

"meh, i wished i played mario, i am gay anyways, but rollercoaster was ok"

Edited by Mag

To his credit at least they weren't polaroids. He's also entitled to countless hours of free music, let's not forget that. Richard's to blame for forcing him to sit through the whole shebang and not solely providing certified-bangers​™. Or maybe dude is just playing it safe and bringing the #backlash in response to the recent praise the gawd has received from rival media sources?

On a serious note, perhaps he just genuinely doesn't enjoy it. In which case lol @ willingly sitting through hours of punishment. If he was assigned this task (don't think that's how this thing works) then I can kinda feel for the guy. But really, doing journalism on something and then essentially turning the entire write up into how you feel seems both unprofessional and self-centered. Dude certainly has the skills and the time to offer some valid criticism of the music but basically just started whining and feeling sorry for himself instead. Try harder, guy. You're better than that.

I'm not anti-vice either. Vice still does some good work imo, but they've been kinda falling off lately. Hopefully they can get back to where they were a few years back.

/rant

Edited by Hail Sagan

fucking hell, does he just sit there with his laptop on his knees drinking energy drinks and complain about aphex twin? what the fuck?

Next Aphex SoundCloud track: HipsterCunt [RedBull Remix]

Next Aphex SoundCloud track: HipsterCunt [RedBull Remix]

would real-life lol

Who also doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about

[quoute]"11:43 PM: No sound known to man is as thrilling and perpetually perfect as the sound of the ring being pulled on a can of fizzy drink. The Blue Bolt has been engaged. Renalgade Sonar”—another 90s shareware demo soundtracker—twiddles about as I think about how I’m going to ration my can of Blue Bolt to get the maximum hit from its 75mg of caffeine."

Uh what?

He's gonna be another safe middle-management corporate drone in 5 years anyways

12:01 AM: Remember when being up at midnight on a school night seemed like an uncontrollably exciting prospect? Well I’m nearly 25 now so being up at this hour just makes me feel anxious and guilty.

Guest progben

I'm more impressed that he didn't bust out a joint. who tackles 9 hours of aphex with a mere boost bar and a can of red bull.

Also lol, there's more now so technically he failed.

Edited by progben

The guy has a point about the names, though.

Really enjoying (mortal 1), Acid Organ and Mellow Punchy out of the last 5 tracks he gave us. This was nice enough to begin with, but if the last couple of waves serve as any indication of where he may be headed I'm psyched.

Back to the tunes - I've solved my slight OCD by labeling the first dump as Disc 1 (that's everything up to [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise) and then the rest as Disc 2 (Phase acid to (HAb un23)(unfinished)). The album is of course "user48736353001" and artist is Aphex Twin

Two playlists full of great tunes.

yeah but this is sort of what vice does sometimes:

"We took a guy who hates aphex and made him listen to the entire soundcloud dump using only his laptop speakers (one of which is broken): SPONSORED BY BLUE BOLT AND BOOST BAR"

Edited by colunga

"We took a guy who hates aphex and made him listen to the entire soundcloud dump using only his laptop speakers (one of which is broken): SPONSORED BY BLUE BOLT AND BOOST BAR"

Entitlement Boost™ [sleepless in Cincinnati Mix]

First, Mr. Mike is not answering to me asking about Mr. Richards health. I know it was stupid of me to ask that.

Then Mr. Richard makes a competition to find "An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead".

Next I see that stupid(I hope) post on 4chan ending with 666. :mellow:https://boards.4chan.org/mu/thread/53341727/aphex-soundcloud-general#p53343666

:mellow:

praying for richard right now. Bless

Moment of silence pls...(hilo comes on) ....

Thank you based god thank you based devil, you're two sides to same metaphorical coin and based richard is doing back flips over it. Not to worry.

So I've started logging the BPM's of the songs, but I'm going to work now. If anyone's bored/interested and wants to help out, I would love you dearly!

8 Utopia - 114
original Chaos riff - 120
22 Pearls - 117
Quad rave teac - 140
Suzanne - 119
bimbongo2 - 125
20 Pink floyd - 104
Parking lot - 99
1 Chink 101 - 117
They're done with a BPM tap and my sense of rhythm is pretty shit (esp. at 8am), but I did my best

LOL