IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Hi. My name is John. I've been lurking for over 50 years. I don't have anything to add to this thread, just made account to say hi. Richard please release a track for me, I think I deserve it.

ps. I have read the rules.

Guest kymppinetti

sup guys, long time lurker here, glad to be a part of this!

i made a few posts in the meantime but i'm finally ready to introduce myself

hi

Glad to have you aboard!

i would instroduce myself but im too busy posting my songs to richard's soundcloud so he could listen to them and help me get a deal with warp

anyway, anyone noticed how mello punchy is (at least partially) a room recording? there's a distinct electrical hum at the very beginning.

Edited by kinski

avril 14 ambient mix that he played live few years ago, did he not put that out with the noyzelab stuff? i was thinking he did but i dont see it there. ecc 2011 i think

Edited by very honest

avril 14 ambient mix that he played live few years ago, did he not put that out with the noyzelab stuff? i was thinking he did but i dont see it there. ecc 2011 i think

this one?

I'm probably being a bit of an echo here but, WOW… sekonda

sekonda (steve reich vibes ) is great but at the beginning there is a melody which "in my opinion" sounds completly wrong regarding bpm.

first i thought youtube might be open and some other track is playing. strange.

The track seems to me that he's just recorded him 'jamming' on an idea. Got a bit running as the basis, then testing out melodies, changes, etc.

I absolutely love it, don't get me wrong. Probably my favorite track from all this. But it doesn't sound like a 'finished' take.

Could this be the "Box Set" Richard was asking the Watmm Admin not to release the Joyrex Tape for, most of the Joyrex Tape Tracks have already emerged within this dump, or was he just throwing them to us because they're already out there (given that he has had "over one hundered hours of unreleased music" for several years now, so there's presumably thousands of tracks to choose from)?

I feel he's been planning this for a long time, it seems a couple tracks were deleted (apparent erroroneous uploads?), and, with Rephlex wound up, this would be the only real way to get these Tracks out there. Pure speculation obvs.

I really like the interpretation that he is giving us the tracks with which to make our own albums.

This is something I've always wanted to happen, not sure how it would happen, or if it ever would, but it's been amazing nonetheless. To get a peek behind the curtain, at his archives. These tracks will take me many months to fully assimilate, and will provide me another 20+ years of listening enjoyment (my lifespan dependant).

Occasional lurker/"Muh Autism"/etc I've not posted much before because I have nothing much to say. Now Aphex Twin seems to be very much active again, seems like a good time to chime in, contirbute to the site with a fresh account.

Surfing on Sine Waves II plox Rich :emotawesomepm9:

the first 12 or 13 minutes of the 2010 metz show has a couple songs that would be cool to hear without the outdoor audience recording and fireworks.

loving the recent uploads.

Edited by very honest