IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Monty Hall, host of "Let's Make a Deal" dead at 96.

monty_hall.jpg

He always makes me think of that scene in The Thing where they're watching "Let's Make a Deal" re-runs on Betamax, in Antarctica,  and getting stoned, lol

the_thing.png

Hahaha I love the thought of his mic levels being way beyond the rest of the mixtape. Like an extra shock to the system. I'm guilty of mixtaping a senior when I was a sophomore. Her name was Sabrina and she talked about having trouble sleeping to me in art class one day. I used to masturbate about the way her denim shorts would cut into her thighs. I made a tape that featured Rhubarb, cuts from Moby's Ambient, Semi-Detached by Orbital, etc and gave it to her for relaxing before bed. She seemed genuinely thankful and we were low-key friends until she graduated but I never let on that I wanted to fuck her in half. Ok lol this is celebrity death thread--I need to take my Srivi ass elsewhere

No please, carry on.

Dearest Sabrina, I must leave you. Why, I cannot say. Where, you cannot know. How I will get there, I haven't decided yet. But one thing I can tell you, any time I hear the wind blow it will whisper the name Sabrina. And so let us part with a love that will echo through the ages. ---xxx

But wait!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lapd-clarifies-cannot-confirm-tom-petty-death/

I heard Full Moon Fever for the first time this year, and holy shit that's some good songwriting/production.  Like, every song on that album could be a hit.  I had no idea just how good Tom Petty was, since it's a style I almost never listen to.  Flawless songcraft.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

There was a fake news rumor a few months back that he had died, such a shame.  He was hilarious on King of the Hill, and a fellow Floridian.  RIP Tom

lucky.jpg

underrated character

f2d60e5db7e16cfb28263dcdabfb2b00--mike-j

Totally missed this last year, Mudcrutch (Tom Petty's band before the Heartbreakers) put out another album last years and it's a great swansong in retrospect. Heard this on the radio this morning, fitting considering how shitty yesterday felt. 

Totally missed this last year, Mudcrutch (Tom Petty's band before the Heartbreakers) put out another album last years and it's a great swansong in retrospect. Heard this on the radio this morning, fitting considering how shitty yesterday felt. 

Lovely song/vid, but when Hopkins goes full out Hannibal Lecter mode at the end it becomes hysterically funny amazing.

Lovely song/vid, but when Hopkins goes full out Hannibal Lecter mode at the end it becomes hysterically funny amazing.

I posted it mostly for the audio - it's one of those videos that I think is excellent at parts but a bit too heavy-handed in others. Watch the ending on mute, it's quite ridiculous.

RIP

Morgan Freeman

80 years old

MV5BMTc0MDMyMzI2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2

Scratch that. hoax. Never listen to your mother reading her facebook

Edited by marf

RIP

Morgan Freeman

80 years old

MV5BMTc0MDMyMzI2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2

Scratch that. hoax. Never listen to your mother reading her facebook

kill bill