IGNORED

WAP381 - MARCHROMT30A EDIT 2B 96

Twelvetrees

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, should give it time to get used to. I think if this version had come out initially, the slower one would probably feel a bit weird also :)

Guest Bourbon Surf

I suppose the most positive thing I can say about it is I'm looking forward to hear the fast mix at 33rpm!
Probably more a reflection of how much I love the original.

I LOVE this new faster mix. People who are saying it is the exact same track sped up need to take a second listen. This mix is chock full of new sounds. I'm a little shocked anyone who was familiar with the original wouldn't notice.
I'm also really looking forward to slowing this version down on my turntable when my 12" shows up!

I LOVE this new faster mix. People who are saying it is the exact same track sped up need to take a second listen. This mix is chock full of new sounds. I'm a little shocked anyone who was familiar with the original wouldn't notice.

I'm also really looking forward to slowing this version down on my turntable when my 12" shows up!

Agreed. There are plenty of differences.

For the first half it felt weird to me, but by the end this mix had definitely won me over.

Gotta go fast.. Wonder what it sounds like at the speed of the "original"

Edit: And yeah, there's lots of edits in there, I really like it. Little bit less spaced out but great for spazzing out (in a good way)

I like it. It's a unique track at any speed, but seems even more so sped up. I'd be interested to hear what someone who has never heard it at regular speed would think. I wonder if I can train my brain to think the fast tempo is the "normal" one?

2 fast 2 noodly

prefer the orig

Yeah, the original was pretty much perfect.

I agree with these gentlemen.

I hope the changes we hear on the alternate XMAS_EVE are less subtle and a little more (contour regard)isn in terms of difference. Still happy to see MARCHROMT30A get the single treatment. It definitely deserved it imo.

Well it's named XMAS_EVE1 N on this vs XMAS_EVE10 on Syro so it could be an earlier version. Or, there are a lot of distinctive sections to that song so it'd be cool if the N means it's an extension to the end part of the song (~8:35) when those weird drums(what are those?) fully come in.

I like it. It's a unique track at any speed, but seems even more so sped up. I'd be interested to hear what someone who has never heard it at regular speed would think.

My initial thoughts exactly. The speed change made an already alien track sound even more alien, yrt accessible? If that makes sense... the way it's mixed in is very well done too. I imagine all the newbs who were listening in got their minds collectively blown, and rightfully so

Archived