IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

Glass Eyes is incredible, a true masterpiece.

This album combines everything I love about radiohead and push it one step further. Melodies are beautiful, the electronica influence is used tastfully and musically (unlike thom yorke side projects or TKOL). This is finally where radiohead should be going. more subtle, calm, downtempo. I always found this is where they shine, and now we have a full album of this.

I get the Jazz reference or alice coltrane reference, first time I heard The Numbers it made me think of Bitches Brew.

10/10. without a doubt a indie rock alternative masterpiece and my favorite album from them!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just listening to the 'I might be wrong' version of True Love Waits. Considering it was originally written when Thom met Rachel, and finally got a studio version after they parted... damn. Right in the fuckin feels.

I think that's why it's on here. listen to the way he sings it in the 90s compared to today. he sang bits during the 2012 tour while at the piano.

i love how the first word on the album is "stay" and the last word is "leave"

Guest WNS000

Radiohead songs are slow growers for me so I will probably let you know after few years when I am done with some of their other albums that I haven't absorbed yet. But usually the less traditional they are the better for me.

I think I have issues detecting depressing/dreary songs. The only tracks that feel outright dreary to me are Glass Eyes and True Love Waits. For most of the others I get an upbeat driven vibe (almost hopeful in places?).

Guest bitroast

uhhh. yeah. i mean. are you listening/reading into the lyrics? the album is definitely dreary as fuck just about all over..

the numbers is vaguely hopeful.

uhhh. yeah. i mean. are you listening/reading into the lyrics? the album is definitely dreary as fuck just about all over..

the numbers is vaguely hopeful.

Yeah that would explain it. The lyrics is more like instrumentation to me, I should listen to the meaning more ;

Guest WNS000

My father says that he is lucky he does not understand English and therefore can listen to every song as instrumental. I tend to ignore lyrics too so I completely agree with your point coax.

I am afraid lots of music would end up disappointing if I understood the lyrics. Blissful ignorance.

Guest bitroast

ye. i normally find / found radiohead lyrics pretty cryptic and very hard to crack open and interpret. this album is pretty open and on the surface.. immediately finding myself paying attention to the lyrics on this one more than others.

also agreed re: lyrics as instruments. i normally get that too with the exception of a few artists etc.

ye. i normally find / found radiohead lyrics pretty cryptic and very hard to crack open and interpret. this album is pretty open and on the surface.. immediately finding myself paying attention to the lyrics on this one more than others.

also agreed re: lyrics as instruments. i normally get that too with the exception of a few artists etc.

this,

ilikehowalltheguitarlicksaretransformative

they

just

keep

changing

I

love

the

expansive

nature

of