IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

I'm finding it a bit hit or miss. Many of them do feel like jams and are a bit more meandering than I would prefer.

chimer 1-5-1 was an ear;y favorite and some of it is certainly jaw dropping.

to me foldfree casual is the final proof that thier souls will never get old. a bit romantic i-no, but that's how i feel now ... :emb:

Guest WNS000

eastre isn't something I particularly enjoy rn.

but some of you guys love it, so....

the stringy sounds are cool, but it's sooooo long...?

Some arrangement / variation or a 6 minute edit could have made this an amazing track..

imhobbq

I'm finding it a bit hit or miss. Many of them do feel like jams and are a bit more meandering than I would prefer.

chimer 1-5-1 was an ear;y favorite and some of it is certainly jaw dropping.

buzzkillers!

There's a sample or element of an older track in spaces how V - what is it? Driving me mad

runrepik, oversteps tour, tuinorizn

Ah yes, I think it's runrepik I was hearing, cheers!

The more I get into this, the less I am enjoying this very long-form content. I'd much prefer it if they tried to make their tracks concise rather than extending them unnecessarily. I've still only gotten through the first 3 records though. I'm glad "mesh cinereaL" was at least an interesting track with actual development that warranted more length. If it wasn't for this track, I would've really loathed elseq 3 on this first listen.

Of course take all this with a grain of salt because first listens mean nothing.

That's kinda contradictory...

Yo I meant the further I get into my first listen. I wrote that post when I finished elseq 3 my first time.

Just came back from the beer store, "working" from home today. Some tasty brews plus this == most excellent Friday afternoon.

"There are no plans to release ‘elseq 1-5’ on physical formats." - says so right on the warp page and ae store on FB. didn't expect any for this really.

can't wait to spend time w/headphones w/this stuff.

So... the weekend has arrived! High-times with Autchre! I've came back from work, cancelled all appointments and there it is. My perfect autistic evening with Autechre. I've started listening to it and it's been 3rd hour and I'm only in part 4. The amount of music, as always in their case, is shocking. In the age of abundance, do we really need so much music? Quantity, not quality?

No! During my first listening, I can only say that practically every piece is interesting. Each one offers something surprising: a disturbingly hip-hop beat? Straightforward rhythms, which they have avoided for the past years? Melody? Details and spatiality of sounds? Yes. All at once! It's all present there.

The Internet is right, this is 'the next level shit'. Interestingly, AE has been 'the next level' for more than 20 years. Incredible achievement in fast ageing world of electronic music! Of course, it is not only plain ejaculation all the time. There are weaker moments, annoying, or not developed ideas (the best example is 'Eastre' from Part3 so far - 20 minutes of boredom). Despite this.chapeau bas Rob&Sean.

PS. I feel slightly embarrassed bout my ae fanboyism

"The physical release will also reportedly be released on double CD and four-LP and it appears to be arriving via Warp"

from here: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/autechre_announce_five-disc_elseq_lp

From warp's own page:

"There are no plans to release ‘elseq 1-5’ on physical formats. "

https://warp.net/news/elseq-1-5/

Edited by thehauntingsoul

Well, at least they didn't say they planned not to release on physical formats. So there's still room for hope. (That's what she said)

"The physical release will also reportedly be released on double CD and four-LP and it appears to be arriving via Warp"

from here: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/autechre_announce_five-disc_elseq_lp

From warp's own page:

"There are no plans to release ‘elseq 1-5’ on physical formats. "

https://warp.net/news/elseq-1-5/

Well, at least they didn't say they planned not to release on physical formats. So there's still room for hope. (That's what she said)

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-D

pendulu hv moda is a fucking masterpiece. Grateful to be alive in this era with the opportunity to enjoy these sounds.

super great and fun track! don't know why but makes me think at all the sounds from donkey kong country played at once and the blurbling at the end is like some kind of cyber donkey kong blurbling at me!

Guest WNS000

There are weaker moments, annoying, or not developed ideas (the best example is 'Eastre' from Part3 so far - 20 minutes of boredom).

buzzkiller!