IGNORED

Clark - Death Peak

lawrenke

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is pretty good for being made by someone in a wheelchair, you almost can't tell.

Ok, thanks WATMM, after reading some of your feedback I decided to give it another chance. It flew over my head previously because of the first half of the album (which is still too ravey-but-not-bangish-enough - it doesn't really go anywhere) but it connects into a coherent whole in the second half. It is a strange piece indeed. It works as a whole but not as individual songs. Anyway, I was too fast to judge apparently :) Sorry Clark

sounds like he's been listening to tim hecker...that harpsichord vibe

prefer the bits where he lets the groove ride rather than squanking the shit out of everything all the time

those trancey hypersaws are horrible

the good old tight delayed detuned paddy things are as usual special

he really does have the best kicks in the business

also can hear lots of the panther sound track in this

this is good - not super well versed in his discography (I've heard it all but not as much as RDJ or BoC) but this seems like a nicely balanced album compared to his past releases. I also like how it feels organized in suites to some degree

sounds like he's been listening to tim hecker...that harpsichord vibe

there's some 0PN R Plus Seven era vibes toward the end as well too

Just picked up the Japanese edition with a bonus track, Licht (Pink Strobe Edition).

How is the bonus track? Worth getting?

I'm still at work so I'll listen tonight and let you know.

Had a listen to it now. 

Quite an ambient track. Has a simple shimmering synth motif that slowly builds with something that sounds like train carriages passing in the background (but less distinct), then at around the 3 minute mark, a a faint beat comes in and it continues that way but with more static noise overlaying it until 6:51. The rest is silence.

It's a pleasant enough track but when you hear it, you realise why it wasn't on DP. It doesn't fit with the vibe of the album.

Completists only.

Archived