IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Speaking of Quaristice, it just made me realize how intense the Live / Elseq / NTS material is. It sounds almost peaceful now, despite the fact that it was (to me) the most challenging Ae album to listen to!

3 days until

session 3 will become an old ae alb

and will be thrown on the pile of old ae albs

making space for session 4

which will be he new ae alb

he, the new ae alb

Also (repeating myself) xflood uses a lot of assets from Oversteps / Move of Ten era. I mean that choir (d-sho qub) and artifical resonant plucks stuff with overtones (y7).

Yeah with these releases anyone notice the aeffect is artificially accelerating in line with the way the internet accelerates the lifespan of a music scene or culture?

With the release of NTSS2, NTSS1 suddenly became the old album from 2yrs ago. Then the same thing happened when 3 came out, except people were now starting to appreciate 1 again and so on and so forth.

Time is out of joint my love/

9 chr0 reminds me of Osla for n: strange, industrial noises that fall into a groovy rhythm as the track progresses

Time is out of joint my love

still hoping that AE + EL-P collab is gonna happen some day

haven’t even listened to 01 or 02 that olde shite since 03 came out. I’m scared of it tbqh.. but, think I saw a rain drop or two so think ima stay in bed today & do that maybe

9 chr0 reminds me of Osla for n: strange, industrial noises that fall into a groovy rhythm as the track progresses

Time is out of joint my love

still hoping that AE + EL-P collab is gonna happen some day

Some root elements of Osla also pop up briefly in glos ceramic.

It is sad how brutally supplanted they become. I'm incredibly attached to NTS3, so the thought of NTS4 is vaguely threatening, however enticing. ye old t1a1 feels as embedded as the 90s stuff now.

Edited by Roo

It is sad how brutally supplanted they become. I'm incredibly attached to NTS3, so the thought of NTS4 is vaguely threatening, however enticing.

This is why I still haven't listened to 2 or 3 since the original listening party. Will probably start playing 2 this weekend and 3 a few weeks after that.

oh damn..

listening to S01,

had totes forgotten all about four of seven, and only when that stuttery end bit of gonk steady one came in remembered that fkn four of seven would drop next.

dunno, think S01 might still be my fav.

2 2 über alles, impeccable.

1 and 3 feel pretty much on par atm... maybe i'd give 1 a slight edge for consistency and the duo of debris and l3. 3 is still in process of opening up to me tho.

so much goodness overall. super psyched for the NTS to end all NTSes. aepril= stuff of legend alraedy.

yeh it’s top ace.

I’m trying to like season 2 but somehow can’t really connect with it ?

at least not as much as season 1 and season 3

Edited by Guest

Not for me yet! As difficult as it is, I'm purposefully trying not to overload on these, want to really ease into them as slowly as possible over the next couple months.

I totally relate to that. I decided to not download sessions 3 & 4 and wait until I receive the 12 LP box. I want to listen to them first time on vinyl.

Are there any ideas, what hardware / software they used for the sessions? Without knowing much about the technological side of electronic music, my first guess was modular system...

Edited by Bertolt Brechtakt

Not for me yet! As difficult as it is, I'm purposefully trying not to overload on these, want to really ease into them as slowly as possible over the next couple months.

I totally relate to that. I decided to not download sessions 3 & 4 and wait until I receive the 12 LP box. I want to listen to them first time on vinyl.

Are there any ideas, what hardware / software they used for the sessions? Without knowing much about the technological side of electronic music, my first guess was modular system...

They used a programming environment called MaxMSP which allows them to design their own instruments virtually. So hardware was only computers and maybe some controllers they connected to their MaxMSP patches

They used a programming environment called MaxMSP which allows them to design their own instruments virtually. So hardware was only computers and maybe some controllers they connected to their MaxMSP patches
Thanks. I have to admit I thought they had moved on from MaxMSP. Don't ask for me a reason though... Edited by Bertolt Brechtakt

We don't actually have confirmation that it's just Max/MSP of course, as they've not given any interviews since the NTS Sessions were announced. Some of the sounds definitely are coming from their previous Max stuff, and I'd say this is very likely almost entirely Max, but we don't know that for sure yet.

I'd commented previously that this one sounds much more varied in tone and processing than much of their other Max only stuff, and wouldn't be surprised if they were using some hardware, outside-of-Max processing/effects, samples, etc.... but that's just speculation on my part (except the cat sound in t1a1 and the vocals/recording in dummy casual)

What cat sound ? I'm currently giving session 1 another listen and didn't notice that !

But I noticed how beautiful the tiny synth chords were at the end of the track... Really really beautiful, I love that kind of stuff. t1a1 = new favorite ?

We don't actually have confirmation that it's just Max/MSP of course, as they've not given any interviews since the NTS Sessions were announced. Some of the sounds definitely are coming from their previous Max stuff, and I'd say this is very likely almost entirely Max, but we don't know that for sure yet.

I'd commented previously that this one sounds much more varied in tone and processing than much of their other Max only stuff, and wouldn't be surprised if they were using some hardware, outside-of-Max processing/effects, samples, etc.... but that's just speculation on my part (except the cat sound in t1a1 and the vocals/recording in dummy casual)

I guess they use controllers, buttons, knobs, sliders etc. and connect them to their patches. There is really no reason for them to use any hardware synths anymore because they can simply program a Max patch that does the same as the synth. but yeah, we can't be sure