IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

This is good stuff, sounds like transformers, but slowed down and with less marky mark.

Sesh 03 = best Ae LP ever :O

I know :O It just feels like one of their very best albums. We'll be talking fondly about this one for many years to come.

Untilted, Confield, Amber, Chiastic Slide, Exai and Draft are going to be tough to overtake for me, but I can feel it overhauling Quaristice and Tri Repetae today.

I haven't been immediately knocked out by an ae release at this magnitude before, desert island material. I'm too conservative to commit to something declarative after 2 days of listening, but this is beyond my wildest imaginations.

Edited by Roo

i like clustro.

btw from what we have now u think we can deduce some meaning behind recurring terms like "casual" and "idle"?

my guess is casual means more or less unedited improv and idle leaving algorithms do the work entirely. on the other hand dummy and foldfree seem rather "planned"... hm.

The thing I learnt from NTS2 is that you can be saddled with 3 casuals and still be an excellent release.

That's my vague impression as well. Casual played a bit loose, see what comes up. I assume 'stpl' is stipulate idle, so that works, some elements in the track are put into a fairly static pattern crawl.

Edited by Roo

really diggin how icari settles (saddles?) for that suavely ominous groove towards the end and just rides off into the sunset like "see you space cowboy"... kinda reminding me of of augmatic disport in that regard.

very cool session ending. really makes you curious how the grand finale of NTS4 will pick up :)

tt1pd is just too good to be true. The dark atmosphere is reminiscent of Exai tracks like 'spl9' or 'prac-f', the beats are straight out of Unitlted (not literally, but the progression of the rhythms reminds me of that era) and it has an Elseq-esque scope. Thanks, AE!

Thx Hieronymus and Bob for that doomsday tt1pd. Last minutes is earthquakes, mechs, lasers, fire, chaos, death, André Rieu... I.e., my feelings @ monday morning.

Re: track names, I'm thinking that the recurring names might refer to specific modules they're using within their maxMSP environment. The "air" could be a good example of that.

Hell they might even have designed a specific module to spit track names according to which other modules they're using for the track...

Re: track names, I'm thinking that the recurring names might refer to specific modules they're using within their maxMSP environment. The "air" could be a good example of that.

Hell they might even have designed a specific module to spit track names according to which other modules they're using for the track...

hm, that didn't occur to me, seems pretty plausible.

so you're saying they have a module in Max they've named "pede" for some reason?

Hmmmm well the "pd" could stand for Pure Data but it's not a satisfying explanation isn't it :p ?

why should they use PureData when they use MaxMSP?

Yeah of course haha that's why I said it wasn't satisfying ;)

Been listening once again to session #3 this afternoon and it's really mind bending BUT I can't get into the fly and air tracks. I like the fact that everything hasn't clicked yet and that I feel challenged by the music :)

Sad that we only have one session left but glad we’ve been spoiled so much to make me feel that way.

wot do you mean? i thought we get one a week until Xmas? 

btw totally hooked on session 3.  holy shit fuck balls. 

Yeah 3 is having the classic aeffect© on me. Found a lot of the tracks inscrutable and now they're slowly showing themselves to me after a few listens.

Today glos ceramic clicked hard and I started to make progress with nineFLY and clustro casual. Loving it!