Rob in the AAA literally said M39 Diffain was made from a field recording of him walking around in the rain. Was it Berlin he said?

Not AAA, the quietus

http://thequietus.com/articles/13899-autechre-interview-exai-l-event

'M39 Diffain'

RB: "It took a while to make that track, 'cause it was made up of disparate elements. It was less of the machine-building and a lot of found sounds, a lot of field recordings going into it – rain, New York, bits of city life, bits of weather, direct recordings of rain on certain objects mic'd-up - things like that. Oddly enough, I remember walking into town with it on my headphones, demoing it to see where it's going next. As it happened, I was on my way to an Untold gig. None of my friends could make it, and I basically got pissed and listened to Untold on my own and it was brilliant, even though I was this kind of sad dickhead at the back of the club with some Red Stripe having a great time and being all ears. I totally remember walking in the rain with it on headphones to a gig. It was just the best night, because I got to check this track out in the rain, [and] it was recorded using bits of rain… I went for a long, late-night walk listening to a nearly-finished version, went home and put the final touches to it, and then it was done. I think it's a good one for depth and scapes, just listening on headphones and being isolated with a weather pattern nearby."

that's fuckin cool

Rob in the AAA literally said M39 Diffain was made from a field recording of him walking around in the rain. Was it Berlin he said?

Not AAA, the quietus

'M39 Diffain'

RB: "It took a while to make that track, 'cause it was made up of disparate elements. It was less of the machine-building and a lot of found sounds, a lot of field recordings going into it – rain, New York, bits of city life, bits of weather, direct recordings of rain on certain objects mic'd-up - things like that. Oddly enough, I remember walking into town with it on my headphones, demoing it to see where it's going next. As it happened, I was on my way to an Untold gig. None of my friends could make it, and I basically got pissed and listened to Untold on my own and it was brilliant, even though I was this kind of sad dickhead at the back of the club with some Red Stripe having a great time and being all ears. I totally remember walking in the rain with it on headphones to a gig. It was just the best night, because I got to check this track out in the rain, [and] it was recorded using bits of rain… I went for a long, late-night walk listening to a nearly-finished version, went home and put the final touches to it, and then it was done. I think it's a good one for depth and scapes, just listening on headphones and being isolated with a weather pattern nearby."

It was in the AAA too. It's how we learned that tac lacora was solo Sean and M39 Diffain was solo Rob.

Not AAA, the quietus

'M39 Diffain'

It was in the AAA too. It's how we learned that tac lacora was solo Sean and M39 Diffain was solo Rob.

Well, i didn't read it all (throws the subforum badge), but i think Sean told the tac Lacora story there and Rob's M39 Diffain came after in this interview, as it was the same month

quite possibly. I am not prepared to back up my claim with citations as I am too lazy. But my memory is usually pretty good, especially when it comes to useless shit like ae trivia

luY7L.png

now they make music only with maxmsp, completely digital. you can hear stepped wave forms if you listen carefully. it's awful! melodies cant survive this digital armagedon...their fate is doomed from the very start on synthesis level. now multiply every channel and efx. that my friends is the definition of audio hell

760SystemHell.png

Edited by xox

Untold?  band?  

Untold the awesome producer

oh dope. just went through some youtubes.  heady techno. 

i think i'd stand in the back of the room all ears too. 

getting strong LFO vibes from splesh. feels like an hommage to Bell.

^I was just thinking this the other day, there's one melody in splesh that totally sounds like the melody at the end of LFO - Freak

i kinda scanned throug a bunch of tracks from sessions 1-3 and holy fuck so much awesome immense bewildering tunes.. after session 4 i'll have to decompress or something. make some play lists and then approach them again. i have a bunch of recordsings of the modular i have to go through but i don't want to go near them while i'm thinking about the autechres. it'll headfuck the outcome. 

NTS has more bass-heavy tracks than anything they've done.

My theory is that everyone complaining about the bass just has shitty speakers. :nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan:

Nope! And if you look at certain tracks there is less low end at certain frequencies. The first REM album has more bass than some of these songs.

I like that my breaking point for the first time with a studio album with AE since 2008 was "the kick drum sound is too quiet and not thicc enough" instead of their jam band for Linux user aesthetic since elseq lol. And I guess the mixes are flat like the Quaristice jams and some of AE LIVE.

Edited by lastrushup10

I dont get the lack of bass comments_ Untilted, sure, prioritizes precise textures and can generally sound less than phat.  But NTS has some of the most earth shattering grumbles in the low-end that theyve put out in years.  Been listening mostly cranked loud on headphones fwiw

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Yeah, I've not had any issues with bass in these sessions.

I'm wondering if it's just my headphones...

Sennheiser 280pro-EQ settings off... And loud.

Everything is clear, and the bass sometimes vibrates my headphones.

=X

I think i read somewhere that the 280's are kind of bass heavy... =/

Maybe that's it? No clue...

I'm still using my Sennheiser HD 201 for around the home, and MX 80 sport earbuds for out and about, which I've both had since mid 2009. Far too easily satisfied.

yeah i'm not liking this albums either, seems like they jumped the migos bandwagon by releasing 8 hours of grandma in a coma bore to get more listens on spotify

someone tell me, where are the fuckin frequencies and where is bass? all i hear is gonk and now and then the occasional splesh

they realy turned to shit after euronymous died

lol

edit: I just pictured Sam and Bob in corpse paint and lol'd again

Edited by usagi

I don't analyze waveforms or any of that, but all I know is my speakers say they is a lot of bass.

I don't analyze waveforms or any of that, but all I know is my speakers say they is a lot of bass.

Seriously.

lastrushup and whoever else can go on talking about incorrect bass or look at the waveforms but, no. My ears work. I listen to (and write) a lot of bass-heavy music and if NTS doesn't kick your dick/cunt in with bass then something is wrong.

Seriously.

lastrushup and whoever else can go on talking about incorrect bass or look at the waveforms but, no. My ears work. I listen to (and write) a lot of bass-heavy music and if NTS doesn't kick your dick/cunt in with bass then something is wrong.

I love the fact that we have different opinions on how the kick drums and general bass levels on these releases is irritating. It's so silly. We've all got different ears, different equipment and different tastes. It's fine. I make a ton of music as well, have a TB of lossless music on my hard drive, and I find it lacking in bass on some songs and flatly mixed like their jammier material tends to be. So do several other people on here, which I hadn't noticed on other releases (though others have mentioned this was brought up with Untilted). That's music! People receive it differently. Edited by lastrushup10

Seriously.

I love the fact that we have different opinions on how the kick drums and general bass levels on these releases is irritating. It's so silly. We've all got different ears, different equipment and different tastes. It's fine.

oh look at the reasonable person being reasonable  "we all have different ears" reasonable person says... 

b2356b8a50db1febb498641fd6b1f4afc9b53ec2

tumblr_mvqgxcItzh1rsqtepo1_400.gif

1*NZaNH0SFe67HtTxKrPXkAg.png

Edited by ignatius

RE: The tac lacora thing, here's the quote:

ExtraLife:

What is the first track you play for people that have never heard you before?

SB:

i had a guy round fixing my boiler a couple of years ago when i was doing tac lacora so i played him that cos he was asking
he just said 'who listens to this then? loads of guys sitting in their houses smoking weed?'
and i went 'yeah, pretty much'

northernplastic:

So you worked on tac lacora for several years? Impressive.

SB:

nah it was done in a week or so, i was playing him the edit
the original live jam was done in a few hours tho, a few months before that

yeah i'm not liking this albums either, seems like they jumped the migos bandwagon by releasing 8 hours of grandma in a coma bore to get more listens on spotify

someone tell me, where are the fuckin frequencies and where is bass? all i hear is gonk and now and then the occasional splesh

they realy turned to shit after euronymous died

lol

i'm going to be sad when thursday has come and gone  but happy too because wtf i have 8 hours of new stuff to listen to while drooling on the studio floor .. or shit posting on watmm. 

^Yeah was saying this the other day in chat.

I keep thinking of it in terms of 4 'sessions' of new tracks. But when I considered the CD boxset, they're actually releasing 8 albums at once. Shit is crazy.

:wtf: