IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I'm still using my Sennheiser HD 201 for around the home, and MX 80 sport earbuds for out and about, which I've both had since mid 2009. Far too easily satisfied.

yeah i'm not liking this albums either, seems like they jumped the migos bandwagon by releasing 8 hours of grandma in a coma bore to get more listens on spotify

someone tell me, where are the fuckin frequencies and where is bass? all i hear is gonk and now and then the occasional splesh

they realy turned to shit after euronymous died

I don't analyze waveforms or any of that, but all I know is my speakers say they is a lot of bass.

Seriously.

lastrushup and whoever else can go on talking about incorrect bass or look at the waveforms but, no. My ears work. I listen to (and write) a lot of bass-heavy music and if NTS doesn't kick your dick/cunt in with bass then something is wrong.

I don't analyze waveforms or any of that, but all I know is my speakers say they is a lot of bass.

Seriously.

lastrushup and whoever else can go on talking about incorrect bass or look at the waveforms but, no. My ears work. I listen to (and write) a lot of bass-heavy music and if NTS doesn't kick your dick/cunt in with bass then something is wrong.

I love the fact that we have different opinions on how the kick drums and general bass levels on these releases is irritating. It's so silly. We've all got different ears, different equipment and different tastes. It's fine. I make a ton of music as well, have a TB of lossless music on my hard drive, and I find it lacking in bass on some songs and flatly mixed like their jammier material tends to be. So do several other people on here, which I hadn't noticed on other releases (though others have mentioned this was brought up with Untilted). That's music! People receive it differently. Edited by lastrushup10

Seriously.

I love the fact that we have different opinions on how the kick drums and general bass levels on these releases is irritating. It's so silly. We've all got different ears, different equipment and different tastes. It's fine.

oh look at the reasonable person being reasonable  "we all have different ears" reasonable person says... 

b2356b8a50db1febb498641fd6b1f4afc9b53ec2

tumblr_mvqgxcItzh1rsqtepo1_400.gif

1*NZaNH0SFe67HtTxKrPXkAg.png

Edited by ignatius

RE: The tac lacora thing, here's the quote:

ExtraLife:

What is the first track you play for people that have never heard you before?

SB:

i had a guy round fixing my boiler a couple of years ago when i was doing tac lacora so i played him that cos he was asking
he just said 'who listens to this then? loads of guys sitting in their houses smoking weed?'
and i went 'yeah, pretty much'

northernplastic:

So you worked on tac lacora for several years? Impressive.

SB:

nah it was done in a week or so, i was playing him the edit
the original live jam was done in a few hours tho, a few months before that

yeah i'm not liking this albums either, seems like they jumped the migos bandwagon by releasing 8 hours of grandma in a coma bore to get more listens on spotify

someone tell me, where are the fuckin frequencies and where is bass? all i hear is gonk and now and then the occasional splesh

they realy turned to shit after euronymous died

lol

i'm going to be sad when thursday has come and gone  but happy too because wtf i have 8 hours of new stuff to listen to while drooling on the studio floor .. or shit posting on watmm. 

^Yeah was saying this the other day in chat.

I keep thinking of it in terms of 4 'sessions' of new tracks. But when I considered the CD boxset, they're actually releasing 8 albums at once. Shit is crazy.

:wtf:

I still haven't managed to get my head around the NTS. In general, it's a mixed bag: some tracks are stellar and easily among the best the boiz have ever done (l3 ctrl, north spiral, xlood, violvoic, e0, tt1pd), some are dull and meander without a purpose (9 chrO) and some are just plain stupid (bqbqbq).

What really bugs me though, is the apparent limited sound palette they use: we are able to hear bits from most of their recent releases: pads from Oversteps, beats & farts from: AE_LIVE or elsex etc. So I wonder, if Max/MSP offers unlimited possibilities, why are they using the same building blocks? Or is it due to their patches? No matter what is the input, the modifications (casuals, elycs, gonks) turn them into similar outcomes? Who knows?!

Anyways, stoked for Thursday! 

I keep thinking of it in terms of 4 'sessions' of new tracks. But when I considered the CD boxset, they're actually releasing 8 albums at once. Shit is crazy.

:wtf:

If you went for That-Other-Boxset, that's twelb albums at once :spiteful:

We've gone from, about a month ago, "Been a while, insane and roomba are due for a new release, or maybe some of those extra soundboards" to "We've accumulated 6 hours of new material with another 2 to drop in a couple of days." Anyone dreaming that up as a potential outcome before all this would have been branded a mad man.

Still wrapping my noggin around the lack of promo. The idea of this being received with Avicii levels of fervour* is obviously a non-starter, but between this and OPN's new LP being ever so quietly tossed out on to the street, it's either a new marketing policy adopted by Warp to calm the spends, or indicative of a wider phenomenon across music promotion in general that the campaigns of old just aren't viable any more.

Please forgive the comparison, I don't pay attention to Western pop charts enough to give a more contemporary artist as an example.

and some are just plain stupid (bqbqbq).

(...) and some are just plain stupid (fLh).

You're both insane and quite, quite wromg

Also, they've always been about a 'limited' sound palette. Not unlike SND. If you want to make things complicated, you have to keep the foundations relatively simple.

I say 'limited' because it's really not, once you start hearing it on a subatomic level.

Still wrapping my noggin around the lack of promo. The idea of this being received with Avicii levels of fervour* is obviously a non-starter, but between this and OPN's new LP being ever so quietly tossed out on to the street, it's either a new marketing policy adopted by Warp to calm the spends, or indicative of a wider phenomenon across music promotion in general that the campaigns of old just aren't viable any more.

Been thinking about that as well. Elseq was already a bit odd marketing-wise but every OPN release on Warp always had massive promo campaign. My guess is that Warp didn't want to start a promo campaign knowing that Autechre was to release 8h of music all over the month of April. Maybe they'll tease a bit more the OPN LP during the month of may ?

Or you could be right with the "wider phenomenon" thing. OPN, just like many younger artists I follow, posts loads of things on his Instagram story. Many are album-related so that might be his promo !

Now hearing t ess xi in t1a1, and c16 deep tread in icari. Love all the little elemental relations.

Bqbq reminds me of bnc castl (Quaristice), neither of which I love Edited by Nenlow66

Now hearing t ess xi in t1a1, and c16 deep tread in icari. Love all the little elemental relations.

Yeah and oneum in turbile epic casual, stpl idle

edit: don't hear t exx xi in t1a1 though

Edited by darreichungsform

RE: The tac lacora thing, here's the quote:

SB:

i had a guy round fixing my boiler a couple of years ago when i was doing tac lacora so i played him that cos he was asking

he just said 'who listens to this then? loads of guys sitting in their houses smoking weed?'

and i went 'yeah, pretty much'

tacreszp.png

• Like 1