Wonder if [durichroma] is confirmation of the MARCHROMT30A similarities I hear. By the way, four years later how do we still not know what the Russian lyrics to the latter are? Internet is slacking.

Yeah I suspected it was written around that time, around Syro release he said Marchromt was the newest tune on their, made me think it was made late '13, early '14, then he said in an interview for Syro that he just got a new analog rytm (spotted in Collapse vid), also the filtered drum sample behind the third bit in T69 Collapse is very similar to that weird snare/clap in Marchromt. Just similar sound design and they are both very good tunes.

ALSO LIVE VERSION OF COLLAPSE YEEEEEAH, love the solo melody in the last section, love the way just the bass comes back in huge and kicks you in the nuts, way better progression, Rich is such an overtly generous man, what a great surprise to wake up to, all I have wanted since December 2016. 

Heads up for anyone still after the limited 12"...

Juno just slapped 'em in stock

Edit: out of stock already  :blink:

Got one, Thanks for the heads up!

I was thinking I should have ordered one in august just for the Awesome design

then it was gone

High Five to ya jasondonervan:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

Bought and downloaded the wavs, listened twice now... um... Abundance is okay, it has some through line, some center, some narrative. T69 Collapse is decent, the central third is still out of place to my ears.

I swear I'm not being contrarian, but I'm not much feeling this. Maybe just needs time to sink in, I dunno. Much of it sounds like he's just throwing shit at the wall and seeing if anything sticks. Okay for dance tunes or whatever maybe? Some grooves at times but ... I feel like it's missing that Aphex magic. Or I'm just missing it perhaps. Not even digging pthex. All very disjointed and so much of the sounds he's using, it's like a 15 year old just got a new sample pack or something. Just fucking dozens upon dozens of OH KEWL SOUND moments at my ears with no rhyme or reason. Maybe that's the point? If so cool but not my thing I guess.

JUST FIRST IMPRESSIONS DONT LYNCH ME PLEASE I love (some) Aphex I swear.

No worries man. I was in the same camp at first, then I put it on my surround sound system. If you have a good system, stand in the middle of your living quarters, put abundance10edit on your stereogramaphone and turn the dais to 11. You will see spirits.

Bought and downloaded the wavs, listened twice now... um... Abundance is okay, it has some through line, some center, some narrative. T69 Collapse is decent, the central third is still out of place to my ears.

I swear I'm not being contrarian, but I'm not much feeling this. Maybe just needs time to sink in, I dunno. Much of it sounds like he's just throwing shit at the wall and seeing if anything sticks. Okay for dance tunes or whatever maybe? Some grooves at times but ... I feel like it's missing that Aphex magic. Or I'm just missing it perhaps. Not even digging pthex. All very disjointed and so much of the sounds he's using, it's like a 15 year old just got a new sample pack or something. Just fucking dozens upon dozens of OH KEWL SOUND moments at my ears with no rhyme or reason. Maybe that's the point? If so cool but not my thing I guess.

JUST FIRST IMPRESSIONS DONT LYNCH ME PLEASE I love (some) Aphex I swear.

No worries man. I was in the same camp at first, then I put it on my surround sound system. If you have a good system, stand in the middle of your living quarters, put abundance10edit on your stereogramaphone and turn the dais to 11. You will see spirits.

def needs to be played on a good soundsystem loud as fukk

Tiny mix tapes review

Richard D. James is so cagey about his public presence that his fame seems to border on the unilateral. He can go 13 years without releasing a proper album, anonymously drop hundreds of unreleased tracks onto Soundcloud, and plant portentous Aphex Twin logos on edifices around the globe, all while operating more or less sub rosa. From there, his fans take these elusive “publicity” tactics and bring them to the attention of the world at large. James seems to cultivate himself as the ascetic studio craftsman, wishing only to toil away in obscurity but for his ravenous fans who shine the spotlight on him time and again.

By virtue of their ceaseless fervor and intuitive sleuthing, Aphex Twin constituents have willed Richard D. James into the enigmatic lodestar of electronic music that he’s known as today. So on Collapse, his latest EP under the Aphex name, there’s a certain antipathy and cynicism present, a kind of misanthropy that could be found in a hermit who revels in mystery and only offers fleeting, furtive indications of his existence. In typical Aphex Twin fashion, the percussion is busy and disorienting, yet his synthesizers suggest more of a malaise. On “1st 44,” the keyboards sound lethargic over the intricate, fussy rhythms. On “abundance10edit[2 R8’s, FZ20m & a 909],” they feel nebulous and errant, as the song meanders with uncertainty before finally disappearing into an ether of hazy synth sounds. Nervousness and disaffection are evoked continuously on the EP, and James channels them with a masterful sense of conflict between man and machine.

Collapse strives to alienate. The few human voices present on the record feel warped and unnatural; the child’s murmur on “MT1 t29r2” sounds monotone and unnervingly distant under the rest of the song’s production. “Give me your hand, my friend, and I will lead you to the land of abundance, joy, and happiness,” a woman assures us, with a suspicious amount of placidity, on “abundance10.” And while this soundbite is buried under sonic dust and other detritus, James proceeds to chop and screw it as the song progresses until the words “joy” and “happiness” are reduced to abstractions, more ominous than comforting. The overall effect is a bit trite, but it’s the captivating instrumentation here that redeems the track.

While James is here less austere than on Cheetah EP and less eccentric than on landmark release Richard D. James Album, Collapse nevertheless proves to be a serviceable Aphex Twin release at this point in his career. His knack for finding interesting textures and layers hasn’t been compromised nor has his willingness to build off of previous styles in his oeuvre. Collapse is a step away from James’s forays into ambient and jungle of the past, but the Aphex Twin identity still shines through in his inimitable take on IDM. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I got my LE 12" this morning from bleep with the DL code but only got the 5 tracks. Is T69 Collapse [durichroma] only from the AFX store?

Edited by Guest

I got my LE 12" this morning from bleep with the DL code but only got the 5 tracks. Is T69 Collapse [durichroma] only from the AFX store?

yeah!  :spiteful:

Oh well :catcry:

Jezus, this ep is just pure greatness! Oh my god, it's like drukqs craziness and rdj album melodies combined. This is gonna be on repeat for a while. Abundance is my favourite for now and pthex is so good. Love it. Just love it, and to quote Eminem "critics never have anything nice to say..." ?