IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, Tim_J said:

maybe it's because usagi left?

wait whered he go? he was the first 1 to send me a msg on here...miss u usagi if ur reading this, ly.

i havent checked this thread which is why im replying to 9 day old post btw

41 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

wait whered he go? he was the first 1 to send me a msg on here...miss u usagi if ur reading this, ly.

i havent checked this thread which is why im replying to 9 day old post btw

? I can't see that I've ever sent you any messages, but maybe I'm getting senile.

Usagi would regularly PM me to congratulate me on my highly successful and very funny WATMM posts and it always made me feel appreciated and included as part of the greater WATMM community. 

10 hours ago, BCM said:

i don't know what he did. what did he do? spill the beans.

I uploaded someone's ae live recording to youtube without their blessing. I deleted it eventually after this person insisted. I still don't think that people can claim copyright to a recording of AE's work that they recorded illegally but what can I do.

Usagi would regularly send me tasteful nudes (think a wilting rose held betwixt two fingers, saving his modesty) in my early days of watmm. I'm so appreciative for him holding my hand through those tender years.

usagi: "idk how you're still posting here after being caught redhanded stealing someone else's work and lying about having their blessing."

darreich:  "I never stole anyone's work"

darreich: [literally 1 page later] "I uploaded [sic] stole* someone's ae live recording and posted it to youtube", and then lied about having their blessing. 

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

I uploaded someone's ae live recording to youtube without their blessing. I deleted it eventually after this person insisted. I still don't think that people can claim copyright to a recording of AE's work that they recorded illegally but what can I do.

no one claimed copyright. i just insisted that it was a shitty thing to do. 

What are you guys even arguing about honestly?  Guy A makes a bootleg live recording.  Guy B makes a bootleg copy of Guy A's bootleg live recording.  Guy B is wrong?  If Guy A isn't wrong then how can Guy B be a wrong?  I don't even care who in particular is involved but you guys seem to be missing out on the pretty obvious detail that Guy A's bootleg recording is only in a limited fashion "theirs"

1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

Usagi would regularly send me tasteful nudes (think a wilting rose held betwixt two fingers, saving his modesty) in my early days of watmm. I'm so appreciative for him holding my hand through those tender years.

Spoiler

CE6pxfz.jpg

it's not about "rights". like anyone in their right mind would attempt to claim legal rights to a bootleg recording of a live performance by another artist. it's about being a decent person and giving credit to those who put in the actual effort to make a recording (+ possible extra effort to clean up/remaster said recording) for other fans to enjoy. it's also about not lying that you've been given the go-ahead to upload it elsewhere. if the nibba'd uploaded it of his own volition but simply given credit, or at least not lied that he'd been given the go-ahead, this would be far less of an argument.

if you think this basic notion of decency applies less because "hurrdurr it's just a fan recording of a show", I wouldn't trust you around children or animals.

(holy fuck how do you get to the plaintext editing view?)

1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

this is a lie.

I have no modesty.

Yeah I'd say the lying was unnecessary.

Other than that it's exactly like someone ripping a vinyl, then trying to distribute it with a license (credit me, don't upload it to this or that place,...).

To be fair, yes I do respect these wishes in practice. But I reserve the 'right' to think they're silly.

ripping vinyl of an album release? not quite in the same bag as this discussion, is it? that'd be straight up piracy, where nothing can really be demanded or expected by the ripper. here we're talking about an Ae live set where the artists themselves have supported fan recordings and encourage their distribution for everyone's pleasure, so obviously some are going to try to make and polish those recordings as best they can. when someone else comes along and does a darreich they're essentially fishing for rep and kudos from the fanbase by making like it was their effort.

anyway I don't think credit/permission should be "demanded" loudly but if a nibba don't abide by that voluntarily then they smell.

Archived