IGNORED

Nina Kraviz has been CANCELLED

sheatheman

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol.  looking for that Bill the Butcher scene where he summarizes america's melting pot but can't find it. 

in searching i found all these "America: Melting pot or Salad Bowl" talks. ugh. regrets. 

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

Is this cultural appropriation?

SaschaLobo-DW-Kultur-Berlin-jpg.jpg

Nope, no one has claimed mustaches yet. Seems like no one wants 'em.

Seriously though, you can't own a hairdo. Just can't. And absurd shit like this used to be funny to me -- until you heard it every damn day. Now it's actually kind of scary. Screw those fascists.

Personally, I blame RA.

What will happen if I post that vid clip of Obama cancelling cancel culture to all the Twitter fallout threads? The heavy hitters of the brawl are still getting tons of activity from their post-fight reflections.

is it possible to get cancelled for sharing a video of Obama?

13 hours ago, markedone said:

But Kieren is a "POC"

Yeah the Jumanji one was so wack, it just took one dude to overreact.  In case you havent heard it, the whole album has showed up on certain channels, but all around a bummer for the artists who surely put lots of love into it.

This thread title is such clickbait though, im pretty sure Nina will get through this just fine.  Its hardly as irredeemable an offense as some others.. she could probably just apologize tomorrow and it would blow over and she'll keep getting mad huge bookings.  If not she'll still get booked by aphex.

He ain’t Hindu though so it’s totes cultural appropes dogg

Also hit me with that link :cattears:

On a whim, I went to a chicken & waffles place and I was the only white person in there. My biggest fear was being accused of cultural appropriation, so I knew I had to pass as a Very Special Person: A Queer Person Of Colour. I pretended to be a gay Hispanic guy and ate my chicken and waffles like a very flamboyant gay fellow. I believe it is by my wit, guile, and well rehearsed mannerisms that I escaped in one piece and my reputation unharmed. 

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

Nope, no one has claimed mustaches yet.

Wrong

With large numbers of minority-ethnic men—for instance Kurds, Indians, Mexicans—sporting moustaches as a cultural or religious signifier, Movember reinforces the “othering” of “foreigners” by the generally clean-shaven, white majority. 

Actually cakes are problematic aren't they.  Victoria Sponge = Imperialist.  Lemon drizzle cake = queer and trans phobic.  Eccles Cake = Patriarchy.  Black Forest Gateau = don't even start.  

5 hours ago, lyst said:

My God they need to go kill themselves, it’s the only way to truly get rid of their guilt. 

lol guys you may want to consider who is overreacting here.

I'm generally sympathetic to woke culture arguments. And I don't have much sympathy for celebrities who cry foul when they get called out for tired racially insensitive BS. From what I can tell someone called out Kraviz for wearing dreads and calling it ghetto and she responded very aggressively, tried to lecture this person and suggested it was OK because she's not a white european. I mean, that set of actions betrays a pretty simple perspective and you know, maybe you should recognize that and be quiet and instead be like, "ok, let me give you some space to tell me why wearing dreads is problematic." Maybe I"m missing some finer details and Kraviz was more contrite.

Cancel cancel culture is so odd to me. the idea that cancel culture has any real resources and power just seems so out of whack. In the US, the money and political power is very much stacked on the other side. And, as others have observed, if like 80% of the comedy specials on the major content delivery service is cancel culture grievance nonsense, then cancel culture can't really be THAT oppressive.

My reading of the past 20-30 years of US politics is that the conservative movement has made and irreversibly established extraordinary political and cultural gains by staking flags far to the right, doing purity tests on reproductive rights, taxes, etc, etc. So if I were a politically and culturally left young person, I'd think making my opening gambit sorta extreme might actually be a pretty good way of achieving political and cultural outcomes i desire.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Remember when Axl Rose had cornrows?

personally this was my favorite era of Axl because GnR didnt really exist and we didnt know if Chinese Democracy even existed. He would show up random places lookin like peloquin from Nightbreed with no eyebrows. 

Don't get this at all. Next logical step would be DJ's not being allowed to play records that were made by people that are from a different culture or belong to a different race than the person playing the record because of cultural appropriation.  

Archived