IGNORED

Nina Kraviz has been CANCELLED

sheatheman

This is the same kind of Twitter faux-woke “appropriation” shit that made RAMZi toss out her upcoming album and basically go into hiding for a year. Jesus fucking christ, a white person using a goddamn tabla or conga in their music is not  appropriation. You’re basically saying that no one should use any sound that their biological ancestors didn’t singlehandedly create. That’s so xenophobic and insular that it almost pisses me off more than the alt-right.

Countdown till when Four Tet gets cancelled for Morning/Evening...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lada Laika said:

This is the same kind of Twitter faux-woke “appropriation” shit that made RAMZi toss out her upcoming album and basically go into hiding for a year. Jesus fucking christ, a white person using a goddamn tabla or conga in their music is not  appropriation. You’re basically saying that no one should use any sound that their biological ancestors didn’t singlehandedly create. That’s so xenophobic and insular that it almost pisses me off more than the alt-right.

Countdown till when Four Tet gets cancelled for Morning/Evening...

But Kieren is a "POC"

Yeah the Jumanji one was so wack, it just took one dude to overreact.  In case you havent heard it, the whole album has showed up on certain channels, but all around a bummer for the artists who surely put lots of love into it.

This thread title is such clickbait though, im pretty sure Nina will get through this just fine.  Its hardly as irredeemable an offense as some others.. she could probably just apologize tomorrow and it would blow over and she'll keep getting mad huge bookings.  If not she'll still get booked by aphex.

43 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

She absolutely shouldn't apologize.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:crazy:

7 hours ago, markedone said:

But Kieren is a "POC"

Yeah the Jumanji one was so wack, it just took one dude to overreact.  In case you havent heard it, the whole album has showed up on certain channels, but all around a bummer for the artists who surely put lots of love into it.

This thread title is such clickbait though, im pretty sure Nina will get through this just fine.  Its hardly as irredeemable an offense as some others.. she could probably just apologize tomorrow and it would blow over and she'll keep getting mad huge bookings.  If not she'll still get booked by aphex.

one must fight clickbait with clickbait

9 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Four Tet gets cancelled for Morning/Evening

Hopefully this never happens. This is his best release imo, 'Morning Side' sounded otherworldly the first time I heard it and on subsequent listens. 

In an ideal world, artists would get canceled for releasing shit tracks and nothing else. But they would be able to redeem themselves by coming back strong wit da funk

the problem is, the embrace of cancel tactics has permeated much of what you could call dance music social media, and it has taken root in the only group within dance music enthusiasts that has any kind of solidarity.

but basically, people who would reject your entire artistic career for minor transgressions aren't worth having as fans.

lets see what their music sounds like after 10 years of this shit. dance music has already gotten much worse since the new wave of young people have come to prominence, from 2013 ish to now.

another infuriating thing: fact and RA have both disabled comment sections, so they can publish whatever they want with no accountability.

really makes you want to follow the money trail.....

Wtf happened to the world?!
Maybe i dont understand the logic behind the appropriation... but to call it out it actually seems discriminatory towards black ppl

I am glad WATTM is adopting this view.  On Facebook I’m on this music group and it’s not going quite the same.  It’s a bunch of white/male guilt ridden eunuchs trying to tell everyone (even black people) how hard minorities have it and how bad Nina is for doing this.  My God they need to go kill themselves, it’s the only way to truly get rid of their guilt. 

58 minutes ago, thumbass said:

These cancel culture fuckers need to get a life. I am so done with this shit

So wait... are you canceling cancel culture?  :emotawesomepm9:

I don't get any of this TBH.  I knew it was on some dumb shit a few weeks (months?) ago when I started hearing cancelled in reference to how Chappelle's recent standup routine rustled many jimmies.  So much butthurt over such  things not worth it.

I don't blame kids/millenials, but I do blame the cultural garbage fed to them, those that did (and still do) the feeding, and a generation of parents phoning it in, amongst others.  This hyperconnectivity and all its machinations vicarious living, FOMO, etc. is not normal and not healthy.  Can remember where I read or heard it, but there was an article comparing the responses to the typical "what do you want to be when you grow up?" survey question posed to kids coming of age in the 70s-80s versus those in the 90s-00s.  While the earlier responses were pretty balanced across the range of typical professions for adults at the time, some absurd number in the latter group, like 60% or 70%, responded with some variation of celebrity, rap/pop-star or pro athlete.

Get rich or die trying I guess.

Anyway /old guy rant.  Here's a picture of thoroughbred horse jockey Eric Cancel.

Eric-Cancel.184dd1c68c530d3030276228f438

At least it's mainly online LARPing (so far). Read The Cowshed by Xi Jianlin and notice the similar psychology at work.  This is not a good direction to be going in.

It seems like every time a progressive social movement starts to really get traction, it ends up tearing itself apart over the modest influx of power and career opportunities. Meanwhile the far right has so much solidarity that even Jewish conservatives and neonazis can manage to strategically ally with each other these days. 

Archived