IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

On 7/7/2022 at 8:44 AM, misuta Go said:

So, it turns out I was correct. At some point I said to my girlfriend "This is surely way over 1 hour they're playing already, right?".

those additional minutes in which they gradually dissolve the whole thing into one granulated mess were certainly time well spent.

itching so hard for them 'boards...

fuk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kausto said:

?

recorder.png

hmm... are they recording natural local acoustics to pimp boards later?

or might there even be some kinda feedback system at play during live sound generation?

curious. ?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

hmm... are they recording natural local acoustics to pimp boards later?

or might there even be some kinda feedback system at play during live sound generation?

curious. ?

Three times during the set in Athens there was an extremely loud feedback sound that was exactly as if a guitar player got too close to their speaker stack and all three times the sound felt and sounded very uncontrolled, if that makes sense.  

It 100% sounded like an accidental feedback freakout. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kiya said:

Three times during the set in Athens there was an extremely loud feedback sound that was exactly as if a guitar player got too close to their speaker stack and all three times the sound felt and sounded very uncontrolled, if that makes sense.  

Yep, *that* feedback. However, I reckon it was deliberate. Like a "fuck you and your flash photography"

9 minutes ago, IOS said:

Yep, *that* feedback. However, I reckon it was deliberate. Like a "fuck you and your flash photography"

Did ppl flash a lot?! That’s very rude if yes

11 minutes ago, xox said:

Did ppl flash a lot?! That’s very rude if yes

nah, it happened around 5 times maybe.

Some cretin was smoking a joint towards the end and a couple of stewards were walking up and down the stairs trying to figure out where it was coming from.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IOS said:

Some cretin was smoking a joint towards the end and a couple of stewards were walking up and down the stairs trying to figure out where it was coming from.

"sean pls"

• Haha 5

at first I suspected that part of the ecstasy I felt on terraforma was also due to md and other "additional precautions". But now that I'm exploring bootlegs I realize that no, this set is the fucking absolute.  My ears didn't lie. Those 2 guys, after 35 years, still mark the pinnacle of their journey

• Like 12
  • Big Brain 1

On 7/8/2022 at 8:42 PM, kiya said:

terraforma 55:53 .. does not a heavily filtered voice start there?
After all, to the question "which instrument would you bring to the desert island?", The answer was a microphone (with a sampler if I remember correctly).
What I hope is that the accidental feedbacks in Athens are not so invasive, in the soundboard i mean, to make it unpublishable. We already know we have lost the Primavera one.. just hope that the acropolis does not follow the same fate

• Like 1

While I'm obviously glad to have fellow WATMMers share their boots and remaster jobs on those boots, d'y'all reckon Sean and Rob are gonna put up some soundboards for sale at some point (hopefully in the near future)? I'd imagine so, personally, they've got to be some of the musicians who are most appreciative towards their fanbase of any I can think of. It'd certainly be a guaranteed purchase for many of us on here, I know that much.

11 minutes ago, splesh said:

While I'm obviously glad to have fellow WATMMers share their boots and remaster jobs on those boots, d'y'all reckon Sean and Rob are gonna put up some soundboards for sale at some point (hopefully in the near future)? I'd imagine so, personally, they've got to be some of the musicians who are most appreciative towards their fanbase of any I can think of. It'd certainly be a guaranteed purchase for many of us on here, I know that much.

yeah, it was confirmed during last twitch ama. sean even stated that if recordings would go to shit (like the primavera one), they'd work on homemade reenactments. but he also said they'd want to upload em in batches, which will be ready in a future not so very near i'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

yeah, it was confirmed during last twitch ama. sean even stated that if recordings would go to shit (like the primavera one), they'd work on homemade reenactments. but he also said they'd want to upload em in batches, which will be ready in a future not so very near i'm afraid.

The fact that they'd work on homemade reenactments is incredible and beyond what could even be reasonably asked for. It's okay if it's not in the near future. To quote a song title from one of my favourite musical groups, The Books, "If Not Now, Whenever"

I absolutely do enjoy their livesets, they are an incredible live act, and their recent commitment to delivering excellent soundboards for around what the cost of a single ticket might be is more than a treat. But my priority regarding their musical releases is always to new songs, albums, and EPs.

Maybe my memory is bugged, but sean also mentioned something about not liking the album-format and preferring to release those live sets (and hopefully nts/elseq sessions) right? I mean, i think the odds are higher we'll see those live sets popping up after the 2022 tour, than something which resembles a regular release.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Maybe my memory is bugged, but sean also mentioned something about not liking the album-format and preferring to release those live sets (and hopefully nts/elseq sessions) right? I mean, i think the odds are higher we'll see those live sets popping up after the 2022 tour, than something which resembles a regular release.

Yes. He said something like not feeling much for the album format right now. He feels more for the live sets to be their creative output. He said he always felt weird to talk about music they did a year or so ago when an album or ep came out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iwanttobefree said:

what white knob bay? the controllers are Kenton Killamix Mini if thats what u mean

Right, I worded that very strangely, tired braincells always mess up 2nd languages.. thank you:)

my impression is that from 2015 to today, the maximum effort has poured into the livesets, which sound like an indescribable condensation of ideas, evolutions and contortions, while the albums (if we want to call them that), seem to me the consequence of a work of rationalization and partition on that overflowing magma. The weak point of the soundboards is the inevitable compression, after all the parameters of a live are certainly not those designed for home listening. But if they weren't too interested in presenting soundboards as perfect representations of the event that happened, giving precedence to the music itself (aka homemade reenactement), I think these sets could be some of the most iconic things they've ever released.

For the waiting times, i'm a bit pessimistic ... the dates marked for 2022 are very few, especially for a project that collects years of work and variations: I am sure that in 2023 there will be new dates, and until they decide to play this around, the thing will not be published. We'll be lucky to have soundboards in 2024....

(deny me Sean, pls)

• Like 4

On 7/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, IOS said:

Cretan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...