IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

1 hour ago, psn said:

It's not whiny to call out a mono rip done at the wrong speed. 

I dont see you ripping anything, the man probably did his best. We wouldnt even have any idea what the music sounded like if it wasnt for the people that ripped it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, thumbass said:

the man probably did his best. 

Nah, he could have spent 10 minutes hooking up his Focusrite instead of ripping through a USB microphone mono interface. 😅

Edited by psn

2 hours ago, psn said:

It's not whiny to call out a mono rip done at the wrong speed. 

I guess there are multiple versions floating around since the version I've got is at the right speed. :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Uros said:

I guess there are multiple versions floating around since the version I've got is at the right speed. :shrug:

Yeah, same guy redid it after it was pointed out to him. Still mono, though. 

• Like 2

I got to say, after being in this game since the 90's, but... now age 49, and mostly experiencing music these days not-raving...livig in the country, away form clubs etc. to find fellow ravers and getting lost in richards masterful selection of punchy dancey foot stomiping tunes was just damn so perfect. Nobody gets me moving like him (except squarepusher). I sacrifcied being at the front and squished, for less quality sound but tones of room to dance like a loon with diatoms..... what a show!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Met Bryan there near the start but we lost him at some stage, phone connectivity was an issue in there, but that happens at all festivals. Shame we didn't get to meet you Alex. Might see you at Autechre, should be easier to find people in Vicar St 

• Like 2

Just got back from London last night, got the record (well, the card) for me and two other chatmmers. Had a real great time hanging with Braintree, tec, eaw, hello spiral, aaaah, glunk + RB at various moments throughout the weekend, and meeting phudoshin and Diatoms (so nice to meet you man, absolute pleasure) as well a bunch of cool Scottish and British people in the crowd during Aphex. The whole talking issue was mostly because it was so fucking packed you couldn't move or dance where we were (front of house) and the volume of the gig could be louder but it's in the middle of the city innit. I didn't mind it as much really. 

This was my 6th time seeing him since 2007, fun to see how much his show has evolved since then (in 2007 it was just a venue gig, one red lightbulb on stage next to him, nothing more). This gig was great, visuals were intense, enjoyed it more than last Field Day. Seemed like an ever bigger production this too, quite incredible.

Shoutout to Jayda G and Juliana Huxtable for really great DJ sets, Actress for doing his thing and Arca for some great entertainment. Kelela was good too but we didn't stick around for long.

• Like 6

Great to meet you - again-  HerrJan "I remember you from Eindhoven" you said .. lol.... that was my most shroomed up phase ever!

Excellent musings form Hellospiral too.........classic stuff. Never change 🙂

btw

where is diatoms?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

Great to meet you - again-  HerrJan "I remember you from Eindhoven" you said .. lol.... that was my most shroomed up phase ever!

Excellent musings form Hellospiral too.........classic stuff. Never change 🙂

btw

where is diatoms?

His phone was hanging together with sellotape when I met him he might be off the radar 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Herr Jan said:

Diatoms was with my mates and me after the gig while walking out. He was looking for you @phudoshin but didn't have your number. We said goodbye at a roundabout full of festival people, he was headed to his hotel nearby there iirc.

aye i sent him a message but its not read yet :/.. im guess his phone is well dead alright.. bit of a brick for sure

just rang him - no joy - who-knows-where-he-ended-up!

Edited by phudoshin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, phudoshin said:

aye i sent him a message but its not read yet :/.. im guess his phone is well dead alright.. bit of a brick for sure

just rang him - no joy - who-knows-where-he-ended-up!

He's doing the rest of the gigs so maybe he made a pitstop in amsterdam again 🙃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thumbass said:

Wish I could have gone fuck

It's just my opinion but the YouTube version is better than being there. The sound is perfect, you can see everything and there seems zero fucking casuals constantly trying to force their way in or force their way out. I was stood on the barrier of the fence of the guy who filmed this in a tent. I'm probably 10 metres to the left. he is not as he claims on YouTube (obviously) holding his arm aloft and steady for 1.5 hours flol. Don't feel to downbeat about not being there. This is an elevated position (maybe 7ft) on a tripod. Of course the best thing is to be there and also have this on YouTube. 

Though it was hard to concentrate on the music in the crowd I've just hit the spot when universe evaporated and it was just me in the field and SV81 Brooklyn. That was special.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

It's just my opinion but the YouTube version is better than being there. The sound is perfect, you can see everything and there seems zero fucking casuals constantly trying to force their way in or force their way out. I was stood on the barrier of the fence of the guy who filmed this in a tent. I'm probably 10 metres to the left. he is not as he claims on YouTube (obviously) holding his arm aloft and steady for 1.5 hours flol. Don't feel to downbeat about not being there. This is an elevated position (maybe 7ft) on a tripod. Of course the best thing is to be there and also have this on YouTube. 

Though it was hard to concentrate on the music in the crowd I've just hit the spot when universe evaporated and it was just me in the field and SV81 Brooklyn. That was special.

I agree with this take.  The video on a big screen in the dark with good sound has a lot to offer, including not being constantly jostled and smoke in your face.

• Like 1