IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

6 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

whoa he played that novation afx station track? Have we ever heard that full track of that before? I kind of forgot about that.

I guess it's one of the three new tracks of the pink Vinyl 

edit : also, I was hoping for an album announcement around the 18 or 19 for a release around the end of September like Syro...

Edited by d-a-m-o

Not sure I'd see Aphex again at a festival. Found some aspects of the crowd really annoying who were not into the music. I think where I was stood turned into a major highway for people entering or leaving the main front crowd. However I had a rubber base that one of the barricades was set in so I had a couple of inches extra height. So was worth the constant people going back and forth I guess. I had to tell one gimp after being constantly barged by him about 10 times and constantly standing on my feet to quit and gave him the evil eye and one barge back. I dunno, pretty sure he was pie eyed on drugs so was perhaps not aware of what he was doing, even so, he and plenty of others were getting on my nerves. Did chat to a cool chap called Simon and his pals from....somewhere...I've forgotten. Every time I go to a festival in the last 15 years I promise myself 'never again'

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hodorsbn said:

This was my favorite gig I’ve seen so far.

DFN was magic because it was my first and he played some gold, Brooklyn was cool but a bit ‘academic’ and the crowd was too packed to dance), this had a mix of classics, bangers, and a lot that sounded like new stuff or at least stuff that was clearly his own material. Felt like a more honest and clear glimpse inside than I’d gotten before.

It did help to be in the vip dance zone too, having room to spaz out to the tasty bits without violating 6 people’s personal space every 2 seconds was worth the price for us. (Went with fiancé, her first time, she loved it)

Only thing I was hoping for but didn’t get was a drukqs or classic track in the final 15 mins. Was very jealous of the Mt St Michel live experience-ers. Solid noise-chaos ending though.

Looking forward to all the recordings and possible releases of some of the new-ish stuff we may get eventually.

:aphexsign:

Ok I was dreaming of Mt. Saint Michel too! And would have gone to DFN (see cancellation story) and went to Brooklyn. And I was IN the VIP area but a friend joined late without vip so we had to move to the main area and people were annoying, constantly smoking, crowding, and squeezing back and forth.

• Like 1

Quick rundown from the airport..

Hung with diatoms all thru set and we moved back to a better-sound/more dance room from middle midlle area. Amazng set but sound annoyed me where i was at first which shpulda been better. I zoomed it with my rwcorder in my hat but cant guarantee good results tbh. Will prob rip from youtube as usual. Anyway got lost in the second half and was able to rave hard.... defs some new unreleased tracks prob from new viynl. Fair fucks to diatoms for dishing out the goodies. I only got  2 codes myself and shoulda  gone back for more in highnsight. Met hellospiral, SF guy, hrrjn but missed me ol pal elusive . All in all a belter. Heard weirdcore n crew well pissed as full cube not allowed on the day...tunes i remember.. time to find me remix/squarepusher combo.... brooklyn track 5, rfc track, swirling graphics syro track, bit of ragga. jungle... visuals great..different and upscaled from previous but missed the curtain of lasers.

Fever ray was only other ok set. Rest was arse

• Like 4

1 hour ago, X4creek said:

ill be honest im loving this at 45rpm

I do too! Dgitne Tst1e at 45 rpm is some of the best AFX I've heard in recent times. The start sounds like something from DJ Stingray.

• Like 2

Loved the Arca set, Actress was beautiful in places, same for Fever Ray imo

Current Value - Mothman, again, also another Paradox track. But annoyed by the crowd too but seems we were pretty lucky when hearing other stories. Really got into the second half, first half came with some crowd annoyances and occasional muddy sound

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Not sure I'd see Aphex again at a festival. Found some aspects of the crowd really annoying who were not into the music. I think where I was stood turned into a major highway for people entering or leaving the main front crowd. However I had a rubber base that one of the barricades was set in so I had a couple of inches extra height. So was worth the constant people going back and forth I guess. I had to tell one gimp after being constantly barged by him about 10 times and constantly standing on my feet to quit and gave him the evil eye and one barge back. I dunno, pretty sure he was pie eyed on drugs so was perhaps not aware of what he was doing, even so, he and plenty of others were getting on my nerves. Did chat to a cool chap called Simon and his pals from....somewhere...I've forgotten. Every time I go to a festival in the last 15 years I promise myself 'never again'

Yeah I totally agree with you always love seeing Aphex and he was great and even my mates who are not fans loved it but there were lots of people that weren’t there for the music but just to be seen which was frustrating as I was getting into the groove and had to move or getting bumped into every two minutes which took a bit away from the music for me but hey I guess that’s festivals. I had a better experience at Printworks although loved seeing Aphex again which is the main thing 

• Like 3