IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

3 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

I'm dissapointed it's the korg tracks we already have 😬

If I was able to get a physical copy though, I wouldn't be disappointed. korg 1b is one of my favorite tracks ever

• Like 3

Yeah internet was mostly non-existent.

So I'm back in my hotel after a long walk home. Haven't really digested the show but it was great as usual. Saw him in 2017 Field Day and also Brooklyn.

This one felt denser, with more interlayering of tracks. I heard lots of snippets and little wafting background sounds of familiar Aphex, but faint enough to be difficult to identify on the spot.  Definitely some brand new to me gorgeousness. And several things that I believed were unreleased but previously played.

180db killed, and In A Room absolutely slayed. 

There were some long challenging portions, but overall an excellent set.

• Like 4

Hey Ho back home. Had some cool chats with some folk, but couldn't contact anyone via watmm as the phone service was totally down. Thought the second half was pretty cool, two tracks in particular stood out. I was stood right in the middle by the film tent. Tired, time for bed. I didn't think it was that loud but my ringing ears say otherwise...

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3
  • Burger 1

This was my favorite gig I’ve seen so far.

DFN was magic because it was my first and he played some gold, Brooklyn was cool but a bit ‘academic’ and the crowd was too packed to dance), this had a mix of classics, bangers, and a lot that sounded like new stuff or at least stuff that was clearly his own material. Felt like a more honest and clear glimpse inside than I’d gotten before.

It did help to be in the vip dance zone too, having room to spaz out to the tasty bits without violating 6 people’s personal space every 2 seconds was worth the price for us. (Went with fiancé, her first time, she loved it)

Only thing I was hoping for but didn’t get was a drukqs or classic track in the final 15 mins. Was very jealous of the Mt St Michel live experience-ers. Solid noise-chaos ending though.

Looking forward to all the recordings and possible releases of some of the new-ish stuff we may get eventually.

:aphexsign:

• Like 3