IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

Sad to hear the sound was a bit meh and too many people off their tits blabbering, i didnt have that experience in holland/belgium. Also wtf at the squashed cube ffs 😬

Great to see watmmers meeting each other 🤘 hope you had fun

Btw b side is nuts, very happy

• Like 3

He doing some nice good lofi releases when it is festival time.. 
But why is he not releasing that Novation BS2 track instead of the ol Korg tracks? 

Novation BS2 eats the Korg Mongologue 

Super hyped he dropped soog e, - that YT upload is wrong speed though 😐 I told a dad from my son's school that Richard would release this at Field Day, I hope I meet him tomorrow at drop off 🥸

19 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

whoa he played that novation afx station track? Have we ever heard that full track of that before? I kind of forgot about that.

Forgot about this, sad this never came out. I genuinely think this could've been one of afx' best tracks

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

Was on the fence on attending and decided against it in the end - mainly because it's fucking Field Day. 

Been to a couple previously and despite the good line-ups they're always really disappointing - much too quiet due to the Vicky Park noise restrictions and no energy in the crowd whatsoever.

Was thinking of dropping by the Forwards festival in Bristol instead, anyone check that last year?  Rest of the line-up for Saturday isn't much cop, but it's still got to be better than Field Day.

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

Forgot about this, sad this never came out. I genuinely think this could've been one of afx' best tracks

It seems to be a short demo track or unfinished.  Perhaps he just did it for Novation and moved on.

• Like 3

He's on a quest to get a more lo-fi sound than Analord atm. If someone said it was a track made in the 50s/60s the only thing proving it isn't would be the composition being advanced for that time. Could just be the recordings tho.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisbot said:

He's on a quest to get a more lo-fi sound than Analord atm.

It seems like the tracks he releases exclusively on festivals are more of leftover tracks he's been jamming on and recorded. 
It is little bit odd to have the Korg tracks on again. I wish the BS2 track was there but maybe on the next festival? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Was on the fence on attending and decided against it in the end - mainly because it's fucking Field Day. 

Been to a couple previously and despite the good line-ups they're always really disappointing - much too quiet due to the Vicky Park noise restrictions and no energy in the crowd whatsoever.

Was thinking of dropping by the Forwards festival in Bristol instead, anyone check that last year?  Rest of the line-up for Saturday isn't much cop, but it's still got to be better than Field Day.

aye, i sold my field day tickets in favour of forwards

never been before but... the lineup seems a little better, the tickets were cheaper, bristol itself is cheaper and a way more laidback city than london. also it's the final show of the aphex tour so it should be a mental set! 

• Like 1

Rose tinted glasses are on this morning, glad I went to see him, even if the festival element of non fans was a pain. Look forward to watching the YouTube video this week. Dont feel to dead this morning even have to get up at 5am and working a whole shift Saturday. I didn't have much time on Saturday to drink much so that probably helped. Just 3 beers at the festival. Would of been nice to meet some of you but as you know the whole area was a reception dead zone. Maybe some other time 🫡

• Like 1

one of his best gigs I have been to. release and merch looked nice as well but I could not bother to be there early as I did not care much about the other bands besides arca and fever ray. 

• Like 2

Trying to get my head around Arca after her set, I felt really uncomfortable watching it - kind of dysphoric - I think the blood around her groin and leaning into attention seeking/diva behaviour fucked with my head a bit, she seems to beautify/fetishize the disquieting aspects/perceptions of transition which I feel insecure about - I'm not sure that's a bad thing - but at the same time, - she seems to go into the discomfort in a way I'm not sure I'm ready to, I guess it also makes it hard to take an objective view on whether I actually enjoy the music for what it is too. I have an intuition that my discomfort might actually be an indication that there's actually something special going on there, because no music usually makes me feel like that.

Fever Ray was beautiful and perfect, nothing more to say about it, and I loved dancing to Aphex, and as much as I hate to be critical, I have seen better sets of his, not sure why specifically.

I loved the lower volume to be honest, louder stuff hurts my ears, but I can see why it would be less enveloping for some people. Although maybe it would have helped my enjoyment of Aphex.

On a personal note, I met some really lovely new people and had an awesome time hanging out with them, and it was fun getting properly high - I had been out the night before and only had 4 hours sleep, having worked an early shift in the morning, so I'm glad that I still managed to have such a great time

• Like 7