IGNORED

Actress - Statik (LP)

Yea, wow. Not much of his stuff clicks with me for whatever reason. Some things here and there. But this album is really doing it for me. It just drifts in and out of consciousness. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've just twigged that this is his second recent album. I do really like some tracks by him but a lot of it not so much. Watmm reviews sound very positive so I will listen asap. Need some new electronic music to listen to. I'm either totally out the loop or there doesn't seem much to get excited by recently music wise. 

Edited by beerwolf

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

I'm either totally out the loop or there doesn't seem much to get excited by recently music wise. 

Yea same. I usually post in the new releases threads on here but it has been awfully dry lately

Anyway, this album is really really good

• Like 1

Hmm this will take a few listens to digest but on the first full listen Ray and System Verse are the standouts. Nevertheless, i'm feeling it much more than the previous album.
Some wildly original mixing choices.

On 4/27/2024 at 11:05 AM, xox said:

Is this music now inspired by the world  of poverty and hunger?
Im waiting for that one ☝️ 

Are you referencing something?

3 hours ago, mTesc said:

Are you referencing something?

His previous album with his “cruise into novel strata of artistic influence: the executive suites, yacht decks and private jets of our planet’s ultimate power players”

On 6/9/2024 at 12:24 PM, xox said:

His previous album with his “cruise into novel strata of artistic influence: the executive suites, yacht decks and private jets of our planet’s ultimate power players”

Ah. I do remember something about "luxury sound," which was obnoxious.

• Like 1

i tend to listen to these actress albums at work and they are good for that setting. they almost seem to be intentionally background music though, almost like i’m hearing a record from another room 🤷

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 7:34 PM, Crazing said:

bro off iz trolley

"a care for the enviroment through simply doing autistic things", see guys, watmm is healing the world

• Like 1

This is what a goldfish hears while swimming round his oxygenated aquarium (with the pump and the bubbles fizzing in the corner and through a thin glass wall which fades and dubs out the clarity) when the dude who the goldfish lives with plays Autechre loud on his speakers in the same room.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

This is what a goldfish hears while swimming round his oxygenated aquarium (with the pump and the bubbles fizzing in the corner and through a thin glass wall which fades and dubs out the clarity) when the dude who the goldfish lives with plays Autechre loud on his speakers in the same room.

‘the dude who the goldfish lives with’

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2024 at 11:05 AM, xox said:

Is this music now inspired by the world  of poverty and hunger?
Im waiting for that one ☝️ 

Ghettoville came out 10 years ago

Fair enough, was being half facetious anyway.

Anyway, really enjoyed Statik. One of my favourite things of his in awhile!