IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF is a ridiculous bitch.

I'm looking forward to seeing games on the PC I'm about to build but I'm gonna get a lot of RAM too but mostly so I can have 3 different Superior Drummer 2 VSTs going on along with other shit with my live projects.

I assume video production will be want to utilize a shit load of RAM as well. Thanks 64bit infrastructures.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

ya dude you're like a totally epic troll, I've been stuffing my face into a pillow for hours and screaming out rage blood

couldn't imagine a more impressive troll than you dawg, it's remarkable, I'm hiring a new therapist just to be able to cope with your epic trolls

ya dude you're like a totally epic troll, I've been stuffing my face into a pillow for hours and screaming out rage blood

couldn't imagine a more impressive troll than you dawg, it's remarkable, I'm hiring a new therapist just to be able to cope with your epic trolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyCrxsNA54

You actually like ASS Effect? Was not impressed by the demo at all (gameplay or graphically).

i don't think you're gonna convince someone calling the game "ass effect." seems like joyrex has already decided not to play it.

Not true - I played the demo, but due to the aforementioned clipping issues (and being just plain boring), I am very wary of it. Perhaps some day when it hits 30USD, I might give it a go, or just try ME3 when it comes out.

What software would fully utilize that cell CPU? I would think very little. I bet at this point the only reason why it would be a great idea to use for processing would be used in a heavily configured rendering farm. The machine only has 2 split 256mb Ram Dimms

Or rather not dimms but onboard un-upgradable ram totaling at 512mb (not good for most computer applications)

Tell That To The US Air Force

yep, some physicists have been chaining them together for black hole simulations.. instead of spending a fortune renting a supercomputer :emotawesomepm9: you should check out Wipeout HD or Drake's Fortune which were made to showcase the Playstation, so to speak.

it's hard to believe, imo, that these consoles have such little memory. Xbox has 512 ram as well, but kept at the same 700mHz speed. PS3 is split, 700mHz for one and 3.2GHZ for the other. but, the RAM split also means most games won't have enough memory to play your own music. you can in a few games but it should've been a basic feature, imo. so, all in all, PS is more powerful and Xbox is more expensive (with playlists).

You need very little memory for music - and a lot of PS3 games do custom playlists these days, but I honestly cannot see very many games where you'd want your own soundtrack versus the in-game one (Wipeout is a good example of a game that is nice to have your own music playing)

Even the first Dead Space wasn't scary. It's full of jump-scares but I'm never afraid of entering the next room like I was with Silent Hill. Silent Hill was genuinely frightening and I even had to turn off my PC because I was too afraid of what would come next. Dead Space has none of that. Alan Wake came close. I'm not saying that it's a bad game - not at all. It has some fucking epic moments that blow all other horror and action games out of the water.

Dead Space isn't scary... just creepy. I personally like that better than scary.

been playing through a lot of CPS 1,2,3 and Neo Geo roms on FBANext for PS3

Red Earth - pretty cool, nice graphics. feels street fighteresque but you fight different bosses and level up. had never heard of it before.

every(?) street fighter up to 3rd Strike - i still can't seem to pull off basic specials, at least not reliably with the ps3 controller. so that's kind of fucking these up for me. they all look nifty and run smoothly at least...

Magical Drop II/III - fun stuff, i guess there's a few games similar to these. looks pretty

Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara - neat for what it is, sidescrolling beat 'em up with leveling/upgrades. only trouble with these is loading states doesn't seem to work for me, so it's pointless to play, i'm not sure how long it is though..

Metal Slug 1-## - ch'yeah!

Viewpoint - cool isometric 3d shooter, it looks really easy and yet i die constantly. but i'll keep practicing this one, i'm assuming some serious eye candy is to found later on

i suck at games basically

Get a PS3 joystick for the Street Fighter (or any fighter) games. Viewpoint is an epic shooter, and the last boss is very weird.

VdDb2.gif

I never really gave this game a chance when I was a kid, so I recently bought the PlayStation version.

That was the first FF game that let me down. Sure as hell wasn't the last!

AGAIN You might be surprised how much better a game feels with a good mouse and keyboard at 70+ FPS compared to unoptimized console controls with shitty frames per second

...IN YOUR OPINION.

Joyrex's fanboyism is starting to scare me, and I have a PS3 as well.

Either way I recently bought Little Big Planet 2, Deadspace 2, and Mass Effect 2 for PS3 (Yes I now own Mass Effect for both systems now).

Problem is I think they are stuck under 17 feet of snow on the east coast so amazon's free shipping has turned into a 2 week wait (approaching 3).

Intel Core I7 950 3.06 Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x Asus GeForce GTX 470 in SLI

Nice! Blows mine outta the water, as it's a few years old, and mine is running new games on full no problem.

Ive got: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.67Ghz, 4GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 460.

Yeah, it is. But RAM has become quite cheap, so I thought what the heck. :) It leaves me with a lot of space to put stuff in tmpfs (firefox profile, configuration files etc.) and is quite nice if you prefetch a lot of software. I have an SSD as well, but the space is somewhat limited (especially if you dual boot.) RAM gives me very fast read/write speeds and more flexibility than an SSD. Still, I rarely go over 6GB so it's definitely overkill. I just went a bit all out with my geekery.

And true, you don't need a heavy system with SLI and 6GB+ RAM to play games at high or even maxed out settings. Especially since most games are cross-platform and are built to run and look good on consoles as well.

Guest Enter a new display name

how is fps dead what the FUCK?

just because one company continuously makes the same game every year doesnt mean the genre is dead, it means one franchise is stale

gat dammit what you some JRPG nerd or something

av-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gifav-6794.gif

I just beat AC: Brotherhood. Great game, can't wait for the next one.

Started a new game in Two Worlds 2. Not Bad so far, but I wish you could lock on to an enemy when you're attacking. If I get bored with it at all, I'll start a game in Mass Effect 2.

Killzone 3 out in just a couple weeks. Gonna be awesome. It's getting fantastic reviews. Can't wait.

EDIT: My total trophy count spells 1337. Oh yeah!

any fans of 3rd person shooters check out Vanquish, from Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil). probly the best use of the sliding mechanic that is making its way into games these days.

I was at Wallmart and ran into a friend. He was looking for Dead Space 2, but they were sold out. Then he saw Vanquish and immediately got it. He told me to download the demo cuz it's an awesome game. So I've downloaded the demo, haven't played it yet though. I've got too many games to play.

Archived