IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

black ops on wii yawl PM me if u want a winner onr u

LOL @ online gaming on the Wii

any fans of 3rd person shooters check out Vanquish, from Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil). probly the best use of the sliding mechanic that is making its way into games these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYXr9ciKffA

I played the demo... pretty nice, might wait till it hits 20USD and grab it.

what the fuck happened to pixeljunk shooter 2?

Coming in March now from what I understand...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

ended up borrowing mass effect 2 from my roommate's brother, i'm hooked. the combat is a bit wonky at first but ive gotten used to it and its not so bad. love the dialogue, love the fact that it has all those stupid diversions that some people have complained about - it actually reminds me of x-com in that sense, so i dig. plus it's bioware and i am a fangirl so shut up.

also, i haven't noticed any of the clipping issues that plagued the demo at all, seems like they got that cleared up. there's an occasional stutter here and there, but not even as bad as some other, far less pretty games i've played.

Intel Core I7 950 3.06 Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x Asus GeForce GTX 470 in SLI

Nice! Blows mine outta the water, as it's a few years old, and mine is running new games on full no problem.

Ive got: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.67Ghz, 4GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 460.

dammit i miss my desktop, had virtually the same except was running a gtx 260 before i got rid of the system. God that thing loved to be overclocked

Yeah, it is. But RAM has become quite cheap, so I thought what the heck. :) It leaves me with a lot of space to put stuff in tmpfs (firefox profile, configuration files etc.) and is quite nice if you prefetch a lot of software. I have an SSD as well, but the space is somewhat limited (especially if you dual boot.) RAM gives me very fast read/write speeds and more flexibility than an SSD. Still, I rarely go over 6GB so it's definitely overkill. I just went a bit all out with my geekery.

And true, you don't need a heavy system with SLI and 6GB+ RAM to play games at high or even maxed out settings. Especially since most games are cross-platform and are built to run and look good on consoles as well.

thats whats up. At least you are making use of it for prefetching and such. You should have load everything you have into ram at boot for instant access. slick as fcuk im jealous

Hooray for fixing my Xbox with a heatgun (again)

don't suppose anyone has a spare 48 hr code I could have please? Can't do anything abou renewing till Friday.

Cheereeeeeeers

A couple of days ago, I got the 1st place trophy for the Mirror Special Cup, which means I now have all 32 1st place trophies in Mario Kart Wii. I'm ecstatic, but IMO, the horrors you have to put yourself through to achieve this is notably not worth it. My very soul has been hit with countless blue shells, red shells, and even the odd green shell. I suppose the sensible thing to do would be to project my daemons onto everyone else by setting up the Wii's online what's-it-called-again and tormenting people on Rainbow Road (a good portion of my brain is now taken up by detailed instructions on how to play Rainbow Road perfectly).

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - I loved TDU1. The handling was shit, but I didn't mind. Dodging traffic in my Lamborghini on the hour long point to point race around the huge island was great fun. TDU2 still has shit handling/physics and runs on the same quirky engine. Online is still very well done, world is even larger and there's an immense amount of detail. But they ramped up the shitty "entourage"/lifestyle crap to the point it seems to make fun of itself at every turn. I had the same problem with Skate 3. Is it targetted at people that actually like all this shitty lifestyle stuff and crappy music or is it all supposed to be funny? I don't get it. Still, I'll probably grind myself to the fast cars and long races.

Guest Ultravisitor

A couple of days ago, I got the 1st place trophy for the Mirror Special Cup, which means I now have all 32 1st place trophies in Mario Kart Wii. I'm ecstatic, but IMO, the horrors you have to put yourself through to achieve this is notably not worth it. My very soul has been hit with countless blue shells, red shells, and even the odd green shell. I suppose the sensible thing to do would be to project my daemons onto everyone else by setting up the Wii's online what's-it-called-again and tormenting people on Rainbow Road (a good portion of my brain is now taken up by detailed instructions on how to play Rainbow Road perfectly).

i played that game for the first time in years the other day at my friends house and i was utter shite.......apart from rainbow road which i finished at least half a lap ahead of everyone each time :)

don't expect to use that part of your brain again :)

on the other side, i completed demon's souls, started a new game plus but obviously failed to level up as much because i can barely do the second level. awesome game.

finished dead space 2 - great game, chapter 10 was crafted with gold :)

back onto red dead redemption.

fucking god damn demons souls. Now all i have left to clear out are world 1 and world 5, im on 5-2 and 1-3. 5-2 is really fucking annoying, poison fucking swamp god damn, 1-3 i think ive got but thats pretty hard too theres red eye knights and shit on my dick.

Guest disparaissant

just beat mass effect 2, really thoroughly enjoyed it. managed to

luck out and pick all the right people at the end so no one died without even looking it up. really liked pissing off the illusive man, can't wait for ME3 now.

waiting on dragon age 2. march 8th! i'd replay origins but i think i lent it to someone. i hope i did, anyway. can't find that shit anywhere. oh well.

Otogi: Myth of Demons (Xbox)

Amazing game. I've completed this once before but gone through it again. This and Otogi 2 are two of the most criminally underrated games ever. Perfect atmosphere, mostly thanks to the incredible traditional Japanese soundtrack, really good graphics that pushed Xbox hardware to its limits. I recommend anyone with the original Xbox to pick either Otogi 1 or 2 up.

This is one of those games I think I'll always return to.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

This leak build is around 3 months older than it will be when Crysis 2 goes gold for release (so obviously there are a few pre crunch time glitches, place holder stuff, confused A.I.) but the gameplay, design, depth, audio and visual engine is much better optimized and more impressive than the original or Warhead. Can't wait for the finished release which I will definitely buy.

i have a 400 dollar shit bottom of the barrel laptop from less than a year ago...would i be able to play mass effect 1&2 on here? it looks hella cheaper on PC

i very rarely play video games any more but i'm quite excited for the new fight night game. the demo seemed fun and very different to Round 3 in terms of how it controlled.

there's very little in gaming to rival the fun of scanning your face into fightnight and pummeling the living hell out of your housemate over and over again.

any creative games on the level of Katamari or Mirrors Edge come out in the last 2 years for console systems? I haven't been keeping track, got too much of the FPS blues to pay attention regularly.

I just got Stacking for free as a Playstation Plus member... very cool game, and certainly different!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ItgieVLkkc

any creative games on the level of Katamari or Mirrors Edge come out in the last 2 years for console systems? I haven't been keeping track, got too much of the FPS blues to pay attention regularly.

I just got Stacking for free as a Playstation Plus member... very cool game, and certainly different!

Tim Schafer ftw.

Tim Schafer ftw.

It's a fun little game, and has a nice sense of humour - I really like the art style and theme. As for the game itself, it starts off a bit slow, but once you get into the collection and puzzle aspects, it's pretty engaging - what's really interesting is my 11 year old daughter LOVES it - I started playing it in front of her and her little friends, and they all thought it was really neat and fun (I was expecting the opposite response, thinking it was too boring). Tim Schafer needs to make a big next-gen title and blow everyone away with his unique weirdness only he can deliver.

Guest disparaissant

brutal legend was a big next gen game by tim schafer and it was awful.

he should just make a next gen sequel to psychonauts, that game was the shiiiiiiiiiit.

Archived