IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

It's not official, but there are 2 essential hints:

1.- The Portal 2 trophy/achievement "Ship Overboard", to earn it you have to "Discover the missing experiment". Also the image for that achievement is an anchor. If this isn't The Borealis I'll eat my hat.

2.- GameInformer is the best source for Valve related information, and every year since the release of episode 2, in January, they've made an article as soon as possible stating that there won't be any episode 3 this year. There is no such article for 2011.

Yeah I know this is kinda :trashbear: but we have to believe!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Half-Life even matter anymore?

Also, lol at PC users complaining that Crysis 2 was ruined due to there being a console port and the changes made to accommodate console controllers...

Never mind the PC version of C2 seems to have omitted surround-sound...

Also, lol at PC users complaining that Crysis 2 was ruined due to there being a console port and the changes made to accommodate console controllers...

Never mind the PC version of C2 seems to have omitted surround-sound...

First game I have played all the way through a month before it was released. I never played the first but heard it was a good benchmark of the limits of current gen graphics so I pirated the Crysis 2 leak. It wasn't terribly exciting, and it didn't look that great, however the multiplayer is much better.

Half-Life and Portal are the only first person shooters that haven't bored me to tears.

Most modern video games are just good-looking wank sessions for kids with low standards, short attention spans, and too much free time.

Anyone who buys a Sony product, including a PS3, is supporting domestic spy operations.

Console gamers are avowed sociopaths who like to smell their own flatus

SkiFree is still the best and most intellectually challenging game ever

Joyrex is a poo

I'd say so, the ending of HL2 EP2 is basically a huge "next you are going to do this. we have a huge problem. this is your mission." yet this hasn't been visited yet. Considering it is still one of my favorite stories and gaming experiences ever i think it does matter. If the story line had any closure whatsoever I'd say Valve can do what they want, but by making the storyline as it is end that way, they owe at least one more game(and it doesn't matter what the fuck they call it you fucks! as long as it follows this plot.)

In other gaming news, I beat nethack last night! Took me, over a course of 3 years, 136 attempts(thats just on the public server) to beat it. This particular game took place over the course of 3 or 4 nights. I was a lawful samurai, found a bones in minetown with silver dragon scale mail, a magic marker, cloak of magic resistance, and a dead wand of wishing. Got this gear working and enchanted some of it, had a pet who stepped on a polymorph trap and turned into a powerful clay golem, another who turned into a blue dragon, minotaur got me down to 7hp on the castle level thanks to a summon storm by a master lich. cursed scroll of teleportation saved me from this(which teleports you to a random dungeon level). I went down to the wizards tower at one point and fell in the water and almost all of my scrolls were blanked out. Realizing I had non-ideal luck, i started moving back up to find an altar to sacrifice on and maximize my luck, got back up to the level with Asmodeous(most powerful demon-prince the game) and he killed me in two hits of frost!(normally if you die in this game, the game is over) Luckily I had an amulet of life saving on. Turns out a gremlin had stolen my cold resistance, which i didn't realize they could do. So i put a ring of cold resistance on for compensation. The rest of the game was easily, I used a trick teleporting Asmodeous down to the sanctum to steal the amulet of yendor for me. I only had to kill the wizard of yendor 4 times(the guy who harasses you and steals the amulet back, duplicates himself, curses your items, drops fake amulets).Made it up through gehenomm, and back up to the top level which wasn't too hard. made it through the 4 planes with little effort thanks to a ring of conflict i wished for, even through the plane of water without even genociding eels or krakens which can do a 2-move instadeath drowning attack(which can be averted by a well timed wand of teleportation) and are all over the place on the plane of water. I made it to the astral plane and immediately encountered pestilence, one of the three riders(most dreaded creatures in the game). Zapped a wand of death at him and it worked first try. made it to the first altar and luckily it was co-aligned. Sacrificed the amulet and became immortal. One of the most satisfying game experiences I have ever had, took more thinking effort than any game I've ever played.

Half life Hella matter! WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU ARE!

Also Crytek seriously went wrong with the PC version of Crysis. No DX11 and No Custom Graphic Options! WTF! Its as if someone *cough* (Microsoft) payed them to focus on the console version to increase console sells or something. I mean how could they do this to their one and only Fans, PC Gamers! We were the ones that popularized Crysis with out us who would give a rats ass about it.

Plus as it stands Crysis 1 is still the most hardware demanding and sexy looking game. How are they going to make a Crysis 2 and have it look worse than the first one, it doesn't even have DX10! on release date what kind of shit is that....

But despite all that BS I'm downloading the game on steam cause MP was really really fun and I like fairly simple shooters. I have some hope left that they will set things right with patches.

I've been going through and replaying all the games in my Steam account on my new computer. Half Life 2 & the episodes are as awesome as they've always been. Painkiller + Expansion is always a good time. It's basically Serious Sam + a physics engine. (I intend to pick up the HD remakes of the first Serious Sam games as well)

I also recently beat Deus Ex: Invisible War for the umpteenth time. It still stands as one of my favorite games ever. The storyline in that game is brilliant and it's so much fun to try different character types and play the game differently. I've gone through that game with just about every biomod combo and every time seeing how the story changed depending on who I killed.

I got a two-pack on Steam with the original Deus Ex so I went back and tried to make it all the way through the original game. I get so fucking bored of wandering its rectangular tunnels and large square rooms about halfway through the game. The second game is definitely the superior one in my book.

Guest Dirty Protest

Half life Hella matter! WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU ARE!

Also Crytek seriously went wrong with the PC version of Crysis. No DX11 and No Custom Graphic Options! WTF! Its as if someone *cough* (Microsoft) payed them to focus on the console version to increase console sells or something. I mean how could they do this to their one and only Fans, PC Gamers! We were the ones that popularized Crysis with out us who would give a rats ass about it.

Plus as it stands Crysis 1 is still the most hardware demanding and sexy looking game. How are they going to make a Crysis 2 and have it look worse than the first one, it doesn't even have DX10! on release date what kind of shit is that....

But despite all that BS I'm downloading the game on steam cause MP was really really fun and I like fairly simple shooters. I have some hope left that they will set things right with patches.

Are you looking for a game or a screen saver? 2 can only be better than that awful alien shit at the end of the first one.

Anyone who buys a Sony product, including a PS3, is supporting domestic spy operations.

Joyrex is a poo

it's funny how many PC gamers seem to randomly hate console gamers with a passion yet most console gamers will only say reasonable stuff like "I prefer experiencing a game on my TV without all the installation stuff" ...

maybe it's cause console gamers tend to have friends that physically exist :cisfor:

*counter-troll* :fear:

Joyrex is a poo

it's funny how many PC gamers seem to randomly hate console gamers with a passion yet most console gamers will only say reasonable stuff like "I prefer experiencing a game on my TV without all the installation stuff" ...

maybe it's cause console gamers tend to have friends that physically exist :cisfor:

*counter-troll* :fear:

lol

tbqh I hate console gaming because I bought a Sega CD way back when and haven't recovered from the disappointment and obsolescence yet.

Has it been confirmed that Crysis 2 wont do DirectX 11? The state of the art tech-demo these days is probably Metro 2033. Technically it surpasses what I've seen in the Crysis 2 demo.

Guest Gravity

Half Life 2 Ep 3/HL3 is going to be very interesting, that's for sure. They've learned a lot since the release of Episode 2, and considering how long it's been in development, it's most likely going to be a full length game.

They're probably going to implement the Director AI from L4D 1/2 to keep things a lot more interesting and intense. Lots of varied zombie models as well.

Here are two neat videos from them about biofeedback and eyetracking tech. I like the idea of seeing how your teammates or enemies are feeling emotionally.

Has it been confirmed that Crysis 2 wont do DirectX 11? The state of the art tech-demo these days is probably Metro 2033. Technically it surpasses what I've seen in the Crysis 2 demo.

They said it will be available in a patch. Metro 2033 does surpass Crysis and the Crysis 2 Demo was a shit Console port much like the actual game.

Crysis 2 was supposed to look as good as Metro 2033 if not better with higher Frames but the whole Consoles sell more deal dumbed the whole fucking game down and took Crysis a step backwards.

I got a two-pack on Steam with the original Deus Ex so I went back and tried to make it all the way through the original game. I get so fucking bored of wandering its rectangular tunnels and large square rooms about halfway through the game. The second game is definitely the superior one in my book.

u crazy

Deus Ex 1 is fucking amazing but it has to be said as it gets later in the game it throws out all the strategic stuff from the beginning and becomes more of a straight up action game. Feels less open ended. I still haven't completed it because the later section in... France I think.. is a let down.

I'm thinking of buying a SNES and some games, but the chances of me buying broken games/SNES's are very high. go WATMM, recomend me a good website that sells old vidya. Also,

where can I download this?

Archived