IGNORED

Amon Tobin - ISAM

crono3

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I fucking love Calculate. I'm pretty sure it's a nod to Kraftwerk, with the title and similar melodies. I've never heard an Amon Tobin track with such a playful melody, yet it retains the top notch production of the rest of the album

I'm really digging it on first listen - because it has a sense of humor that is refreshing (as opposed to Out From Out Where which was pretty 'serious') I mean there's a freaking 'dubstep' bedtime story track

last edit: God damn it, I'm sitting here in studio smiling like a retard, because this is tickling my ears in all the right ways. FAT grin across my face

LINK ALL THE LEAKS PLEASE

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downloading :whistling:

What I read here is exciting because I was disappointed about his last releases and first had the feeling that this one would continue on this "sound design" vibe but your appreciations catch my attention.

edit : listening :shuriken:

It's definitely a continuation of his "sound design" vibe, but I find it much more interesting this time round.

Yeah, what I meant was that I find he's lost a bit of the music since he got into this period of his work. I don't know, maybe he just needs the time to fully assimilate the tools that allows him to achieve a so detailed sound, and then he'll have more time back to spend on "the music" (I'm feeling kind of stuck up while writing that :P).

But seriously, Bricolage and Permutation were WAY more direct than the last ones.

Anyway I'm not sure I like what I'm hearing. It just sounds similar to Foley Room in my ears. But I'm not a professional of the first listening. Also I have three works to finish today and downloading / listening to it was just a way to delay the work time. Not an appropriate moment to listen to it for sure.

Wait and see !

please someone upload the album on rapidshare or hotfile, please please please please

Sharing Music

Along the same lines above, asking for copyrighted music in a thread is generally frowned upon, as it does infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder. There's always exceptions to the rule, and if for any reason you are unsure about whether something is suitable to posting on the board and you are not the copyright holder, it's best to either ask a Mod or Administrator for advice. Don't assume that if something is out of print that it's alright to post; the copyright on that music still exists, and should be respected. Of course, if it's your own music, then fine, go right ahead, as long as you're not overly spamming your music and it's done in the appropriate forum/subforum.

Asking for copyrighted music is generally a no-no as well, for the reasons stated above, as well as it's basically making the forum a P2P site or a links site, facilitating piracy of copyrighted material. Being slick about it and not directly asking for the music, but still obviously implying you'd like someone to send you a copy is also frowned upon. Keep such discussions to PMs (Private Messages) or outside the forums. We can't stop you pirating music, but we do need to ensure that the forums don't get shut down over the overt sharing of copyrighted material.

You naughty scamp .....

So disappointed :(

Hate to sound like an old fogey but I really miss his old stuff. I just can't find any sort of groove I can get into here.

I really miss his old stuff. I just can't find any sort of groove I can get into here.

I half agree with you - I find it kind of like listening to old Autechre - both artists have enough (and good enough) back catalogue in their original styles that I don't feel like they need to go back. Sometimes I like old (Incunabula/Amber) Autechre more than new Ae, sometimes I like Bricolage and Permutation more than newer Amon Tobin, but I feel like their new directions are at the least very interesting

this is like a full album of the song 'gwarek 2'.. its a good showcase of effects and manipulations with great production

but it doesnt really go anywhere

qft

great sound but quite static

Guest Enter a new display name

So disappointed :(

Hate to sound like an old fogey but I really miss his old stuff. I just can't find any sort of groove I can get into here.

this is like a full album of the song 'gwarek 2'.. its a good showcase of effects and manipulations with great production

but it doesnt really go anywhere

I agree.

so there are no head bobbing killer grooves on it? :blink:

Lost and Found, though old.. is even more appreciated in the album context - killer head-bobber tune that one. But on the whole, its more ambiance, really good interludes, and "cool" tracks than there is groove.

Well the album turned out to be a bit of a disappointment for me as well. Fav track was and still is Lost and Found. Some others I forced myself to like and sound kind of dubby (Which isn't bad).

Basically I can enjoy the first half of the album, the other half I really just don't like at all.

heh, looks like I'm alone in my enjoyment of this then. maybe it's old fart music.

heh, looks like I'm alone in my enjoyment of this then. maybe it's old fart music.

Not alone, I've been enjoying it quite a bit, I think perhaps it helped that I was expecting this one to be a lot more ambient and abstract because of the methods used in making it. Also, the fact that it was refered to by Amon Tobin himself as "sound sculpture"

Oh common people. What kind of groove did you expect? It had been obvious that he was taking more and more complicated ways to create more and more complicated music. Of course there's groove, It's just different, far more complex than we are used to, sometimes you can't feel it from the first listening. ISAM is not one of the albums that you can immediately understand. I'm dissapointed with watmm reaction. For me it's one of my three favorite all time albums.

Oh common people. What kind of groove did you expect? It had been obvious that he was taking more and more complicated ways to create more and more complicated music. Of course there's groove, It's just different, far more complex than we are used to, sometimes you can't feel it from the first listening. ISAM is not one of the albums that you can immediately understand. I'm dissapointed with watmm reaction. For me it's one of my three favorite all time albums.

this... though I'm not ready to put it in my fav albums of all time

Guest hahathhat

:trollface:

Archived