IGNORED

Share Your Favorite Documentaries Thread!

Guest Al5x

Will take a look at that one. I always appreciated the independent docs on mental illness and other stigmatized subjects. I seen one from the 70's I believe called Madness and Medicine. quite graphic yet justified during those days. 

32 minutes ago, Banffspring72 said:

Will take a look at that one. I always appreciated the independent docs on mental illness and other stigmatized subjects. I seen one from the 70's I believe called Madness and Medicine. quite graphic yet justified during those days. 

While not a documentary, you may appreciate the Bruno Dumont film "Camille Claudel 1915"

On 7/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, Banffspring72 said:

Here are some docs that are not often seen but provide insight to the way many systems work still.

Capture.thumb.PNG.ef737916d05da99a4370366d6effd8e0.PNG

I saw the Meat one at a Morrissey gig. I’m a vegetarian now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:42 PM, whosebrian said:

Really good docu, thanks.

Just saw 13th (2006).
"An in-depth look at the prison system in the United States and how it reveals the nation's history of racial inequality. "

Heartbreaking, infuriating, inspirational, powerful.

fantastic made-for-television documentary on the invisible empire. including the infamous "secret swearing-in ceremony" that's both awkwardly depressing and hilarious. despite these misgivings- it's a great reminder of the deep rooted problems of racism and the results of that bigotry

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, MaartenVC said:

The Social Dilemma (2020)
Explores the impact of social media on human psyche and human society, with tech experts from silicon valley raising great concerns over their own creations.
Great and very relevant documentary.
A must-see in my opinion.

The Social Dilemma (2020)

I saw that the day it came out on Netflix and have been thinking about it a lot since then. It's mostly tech-savants talking about the monster they've created and now cam't control anymore, and it's great, and it's scary af. Key line: "If the product is free, then you are the product" (or something to that effect). Viva Jaron Lanier!

The docutainment-style dramatizations with good ol' Pete from Mad Men as three different kinds of AI or whatever were a bit cringeworthy, but they managed to get the point across. Very very creepy stuff, especially if you have kids. Highly recommended!

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I saw that the day it came out on Netflix and have been thinking about it a lot since then. It's mostly tech-savants talking about the monster they've created and now cam't control anymore, and it's great, and it's scary af. Key line: "If the product is free, then you are the product" (or something to that effect). Viva Jaron Lanier!

The docutainment-style dramatizations with good ol' Pete from Mad Men as three different kinds of AI or whatever were a bit cringeworthy, but they managed to get the point across. Very very creepy stuff, especially if you have kids. Highly recommended!

The Social Dilemma was also discussed in another thread:

• Like 1

less doc-umentary and more video journal of this dude and two accomplices that go into the zone; a very complicated system of traps, and they're all deadly. you don't know what's going on here in the absence of people, but the moment someone shows up, everything comes into motion. old traps disappear and new ones emerge. safe spots become impassable, then your path is easy, and hopelessly involved.

16 hours ago, Nebraska said:

less doc-umentary and more video journal of this dude and two accomplices that go into the zone; a very complicated system of traps, and they're all deadly. you don't know what's going on here in the absence of people, but the moment someone shows up, everything comes into motion. old traps disappear and new ones emerge. safe spots become impassable, then your path is easy, and hopelessly involved.

Yeah, this guy produces some pretty cool videos and sometimes live streams his climbs and explorations and it's nerve-wrecking as shit.