oscillik

I don't want to watch it like that.

you should try it. you'll be amazed the feeling when you realize you've still got $18+ in your pocket and you got to watch an entire film in less than 5 minutes with a whole day left to be productive. 

a friend of mine has taken this viewing manner to the next level: he waits until a movie he wants to see is on dvd or streaming on netflix. then rents it. if it fails to meet his expectation, he just puts the movie on 2x fast forward so that way, he still what happens without sacrificing too much time. 

maybe just stop watching movies if its too much trouble to actually watch them

i think you're missing the point. for me it's just about trying to avoid the bad films. i'll usually go to a pre-screening for a film "i think" will be good (usually i'll read about it and watch the trailer). like i said earlier, spoilers don't really affect me and even if they did, a good film should be more about the entire experience than a few good scenes that can be fit in a trailer: hence i don't really believe in the idea of spoilers in trailers. 

also when i was growing up, one the best ways to discover new movies, was to watch the trailers at the beginning of a vhs. maybe i love trailers (and sometimes- more than the movies)

i'm talking about your friend who fast forwards through a movie to "still see what happens". just read a wikipedia article if that's what matters to you. on the subject of trailers, sure, i can tell with almost 100% accuracy if a movie is trash from the trailer, but it doesn't matter. the fun of movies is most of them suck, but you take the hit and watch the shitty ones anyway because the good ones surprise you. spoilers are completely irrelevant to me, i'll spoil everything i see, don't give a fuck. can't handle it get off the internet.

i'm talking about your friend who fast forwards through a movie to "still see what happens". just read a wikipedia article if that's what matters to you. 

i think that's a stubbornness on his part. one time he told me how he started a movie which, immediately after it started, he knew he hated it. "so i just fast-forwarded the rest". why didn't you just not watch it i asked. "well, you never really know right?" 

i wanted to say you could just not watch it, but i felt like the conversation would end up repeating itself

Edited by Nebraska

IMG_6571.jpg

LOL, is that the Atari logo rotated on each side? Royalty payments incoming!

There's a huge Atari logo in the trailers a la the Coca Cola thing from the first one, IIRC.

This movie looks fucking stupid.

I'm reserving judgement, since the original is my favourite movie of all time, but I don't have high expectations for this. It smacks of a nostalgia cash grab (on everyone's part), and I don't like the title, although I bet someone in the marketing department thought that was "retro" enough to appeal to the fans (since that was the du jour back in the 70's and 80's to have a year after your sci-fi title).

Poster looks rubbish.

As Joyrex said, reserving judgment but I reckon this will be crap. Probably doesn't help that Gosling and Leto are two of the most overrated actors out there.

I'm sure all the chicks will swoon every time Gosling blinks and Leto will try to do his method-actor nonsense to look all cool and edgy but.. fuck, there looks to be so much wrong with this movie that I get depressed just thinking about it.

It comes out two days before my annual inception date, so I'll probably make a thing out of it. Love the original, but I'm setting the bar real low for this one and hope to appreciate it for what it is.

In fact, I was supposed to be born on Oct. 6th, but I couldn't be bothered to get out yet.

IMG_6571.jpg

LOL, is that the Atari logo rotated on each side? Royalty payments incoming!
There's a huge Atari logo in the trailers a la the Coca Cola thing from the first one, IIRC.

This movie looks fucking stupid.

I'm reserving judgement, since the original is my favourite movie of all time, but I don't have high expectations for this. It smacks of a nostalgia cash grab (on everyone's part), and I don't like the title, although I bet someone in the marketing department thought that was "retro" enough to appeal to the fans (since that was the du jour back in the 70's and 80's to have a year after your sci-fi title).

I keep trying to keep hope because I loved Arrival, but every time I see a trailer or a promotional image my eyes roll into the back of my head. Why fuck with a perfect film? It's just money grubbing malarkey. /oldmanyellsatcloud

Awful poster, the orange & teal thing needs to die already.

Could this be a dud for Villeneuve? Seems like it, but then again, the trailers can be edited in such a way that differs greatly from the movie. I hope it looks good, but this whole orange & teal business is worrying.

Edited by azatoth