IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

I seriously think vinyl needs to die, or at least vinyl exclusive sales. Especially in electronica, a genre built on progress. Making things less available is like taking steps backward.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously think vinyl needs to die, or at least vinyl exclusive sales. Especially in electronica, a genre built on progress. Making things less available is like taking steps backward.

But that's kinda what I like about it.

haha

hahahahahaha

LOL

I think people subconsciously like vinyl because it makes them feel like they know about audio quality more than others. I would love to listen to this Steinvord album and share it with my friends, but I can't because it's vinyl exclusive. I feel like RDJ, or whoever Steinvord is, thinks that he's really cool and underground because he released his album on vinyl and showed those digital lovers who's boss. In my mind, though, the digital era is what made underground music. It allows people to cheaply make and share music, opening up room for a huge number of independent artists to get their name out. I don't know why people like to move back to vinyl.

Also, I was sort of referring to the original intent of electronic music when I said "built on progress". Like, Pierre Schaeffer and shit. Generally, electronic music has been on the forefront of musical ingenuity. It was kind of a strange way to say it, but I think you get the point.

I think people subconsciously like vinyl because it makes them feel like they know about audio quality more than others. I would love to listen to this Steinvord album and share it with my friends, but I can't because it's vinyl exclusive. I feel like RDJ, or whoever Steinvord is, thinks that he's really cool and underground because he released his album on vinyl and showed those digital lovers who's boss. In my mind, though, the digital era is what made underground music. It allows people to cheaply make and share music, opening up room for a huge number of independent artists to get their name out. I don't know why people like to move back to vinyl.

this is clearly evident.

Also, I was sort of referring to the original intent of electronic music when I said "built on progress". Like, Pierre Schaeffer and shit. Generally, electronic music has been on the forefront of musical ingenuity. It was kind of a strange way to say it, but I think you get the point.

Ye richard is such a dick. I was searching for ages on the rephlex store. Not a fucking digital file to be found.

Watch the ride.

it's some kid whoever, skrillex? lol definitely not rdj or middleton. they wouldnt churn out shite like this unless they're really scraping the barrel and

don't care anymore, they've made their money so any old shite will do kind of thing. don't believe the hype kids, its really not that good in fairness.

if you found this by accident on soulseek would you dig it? no

if stenvord had made a whole album in the style of Drukqs it might be kinda cool, because he's capable of it for sure. I just dont think anyone can hold a candle to GO Plastic (the 2 tracks on this 12" one sounds like go plastic, the other sounds like ultra visitor or 'do you know pusher', niether one of them are as good as the songs they remind me of by squarepusher, not even close actually) , i really believe Tom captured lightning in a bottle on that album.

it's some kid whoever, skrillex? lol definitely not rdj or middleton. they wouldnt churn out shite like this unless they're really scraping the barrel and

don't care anymore, they've made their money so any old shite will do kind of thing. don't believe the hype kids, its really not that good in fairness.

I think it's pretty clear that Steinvord is talented.

RDJ and TJ have churned out plenty of stuff that I'd consider shit.

I mean, this is better than Smojphace.

my copy from boomkat is fine. no dust, maybe just a tiny bit warped but not really noticeable unless you take a close look.

the only thing that annoyed me is that they don't distinguise one side from the other. it's the same label on both sides with all the tracks listed.

also someone mentioned here that the record gets stuck inbetween the grooves (when Ontrackv2 is suppose to start) well that seems to be case with my copy too.

the only thing that annoyed me is that they don't distinguise one side from the other. it's the same label on both sides with all the tracks listed.

you're not looking hard enough...there are etchings that mark which side is which.

if stenvord had made a whole album in the style of Drukqs it might be kinda cool, because he's capable of it for sure. I just dont think anyone can hold a candle to GO Plastic (the 2 tracks on this 12" one sounds like go plastic, the other sounds like ultra visitor or 'do you know pusher', niether one of them are as good as the songs they remind me of by squarepusher, not even close actually) , i really believe Tom captured lightning in a bottle on that album.

Go plastic is also 1 of my favorite albums

but about steinvord

I dont even have the record but only a guy like tom, richard or venetian snares can progam this shit and get away with it releasing it years later on rephlex

untilted9 was the one of the online files that i thoroughly enjoyed - and yet it isn't on the ep. sletdown.

untilted9 was the one of the online files that i thoroughly enjoyed - and yet it isn't on the ep. sletdown.

No trip, I'm sure it will be on the album.

It's more the fact that Rephlex are happy to release artists that copy their more successful artists so rampantly

I love Rephlex dearly but it's a shame they were so groundbreaking at one point, but are now so happy to release material by artists that rinse the percieved ,Rephlex sound

Archived