IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for mine to arrive here in California, US

Ok good. Me too.

I checked on with bleep to see how long it might take. In their reply it said it could take up to 28 days for items outside of the uk to arrive.

I'm having Analord binder flashbacks.

I paid for that when it was on preorder, waited a couple weeks, then rephlex refunded my cash because it was sold out. Biggest cocktease ever.

stuff coming from the UK to the US by standard post (which is what they will have been sent as) usually takes about 5 business days.

if you've not had it by 10 business days, it's likely gone 'missing'

Spoke a little too soon. It arrived this afternoon. Not in the greatest condition but I just played both sides and it sounds superb.

I can imagine on the long journey from the UK to the US it is normal for a package to suffer a few bumps, but would you guys consider this to be a bit more "beat up" than average for a vinyl delivery?

34xrx5j.jpg

Side B was also quite "dusty". Usually when you slide a new vinyl record out of the sleeve for the first time you get a slight static cling and a clean looking plate, no?

14b28m0.jpg

And here is the state of the vinyl on the turntable.... (sorry for the quiet audio, was just an iPhone captured clip not intended for listening)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2p26hpPUQ

Luckily the audio does not seem to have suffered so I suppose I can't complain too much!

Spoke a little too soon. It arrived this afternoon. Not in the greatest condition but I just played both sides and it sounds superb.

I can imagine on the long journey from the UK to the US it is normal for a package to suffer a few bumps, but would you guys consider this to be a bit more "beat up" than average for a vinyl delivery?

34xrx5j.jpg

Side B was also quite "dusty". Usually when you slide a new vinyl record out of the sleeve for the first time you get a slight static cling and a clean looking plate, no?

14b28m0.jpg

And here is the state of the vinyl on the turntable.... (sorry for the quiet audio, was just an iPhone captured clip not intended for listening)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2p26hpPUQ

Luckily the audio does not seem to have suffered so I suppose I can't complain too much!

Looks a bit beat up to me. Glad the audio didn't suffer. Enjoy! :)

34xrx5j.jpg

14b28m0.jpg

that package looks about average for having been through the Royal Mail...

and the dust on the record, it's hit and miss. Worst offender I have is Neptune's Lair repress - really dusty, even after repeated cleans and blowing inside the sleeve. Need to get replacement inner sleeves for that one actually.

anyone knows how many years it would take for rephlex to update their shite?

it's cool that's its underground and stuff, but in 2012 plz just put it digitally available

i just wanna listen to this album :facepalm:

Guest ruiagnelo

anyone knows how many years it would take for rephlex to update their shite?

it's cool that's its underground and stuff, but in 2012 plz just put it digitally available

i just wanna listen to this album :facepalm:

By Rephlex's standards of time, it must still be 1995 or something, so i wouldn't expect a digital release or a website update..

Glad that plays well, Superstix.

Anyone have a good cheapish (but decent) turntable recommendation/ rec. for a place to buy in LA? I had to skip Steinvord as the gf (rightly) thinks its dumb to keep buying records without a turntable.

I had kind of a love/hate thing with vinyl when I last had a shitty turntable, but I do like the whole ritual (and mostly like the access to certain releases).

Glad that plays well, Superstix.

Anyone have a good cheapish (but decent) turntable recommendation/ rec. for a place to buy in LA? I had to skip Steinvord as the gf (rightly) thinks its dumb to keep buying records without a turntable.

I had kind of a love/hate thing with vinyl when I last had a shitty turntable, but I do like the whole ritual (and mostly like the access to certain releases).

I think Amoeba in Hwood has a small selection of turntables.

Ask your parents / relatives for their old turntables

They're all dead.

(the turntables.)

Jefferoo, I remember seeing some there. I'll check it out next time I'm at Amoeba.

Yeah apologies, I misinterpreted his post. Agreed, anything mastered above 44.1Khz / 16bit (i.e. 99% of recordings) will definitely benefit by having a [good quality] vinyl pressing over a CD one...

When talking to Chrissy Murderbot (Planet Mu) one night he was telling me about how he never renders out anything higher than 16bit. So I ask about vinyl. Wouldn't you want to use higher bit depth and sample rate? He said that it's totally standard to use 16bit depth files as a master for vinyl, and that if he turned in something higher than that, he reckoned the vinyl pressers would actually down code it to 16bit for whatever reason. I don't know if he's a creditable source on this, but his being on Planet Mu would make him more experienced than I!

Yeah apologies, I misinterpreted his post. Agreed, anything mastered above 44.1Khz / 16bit (i.e. 99% of recordings) will definitely benefit by having a [good quality] vinyl pressing over a CD one...

When talking to Chrissy Murderbot (Planet Mu) one night he was telling me about how he never renders out anything higher than 16bit. So I ask about vinyl. Wouldn't you want to use higher bit depth and sample rate? He said that it's totally standard to use 16bit depth files as a master for vinyl, and that if he turned in something higher than that, he reckoned the vinyl pressers would actually down code it to 16bit for whatever reason. I don't know if he's a creditable source on this, but his being on Planet Mu would make him more experienced than I!

lol

Well a little dust you can always clean, but it looks warped all to hell. I've send stuff back that looks like that.

Yeah, the dust was nothing a little Gruv Glide couldn't fix, but I'm superbummed about the warping. :dry: But honestly it would be such a huge pain to repackage, send back, and wait for a replacement (all the while being sans-music), so lucky for them, I am more inclined to just keep it. That being said, if it sounded bad, I'd send it back no question.

Archived