IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

first ep was intriguing, the setting and all is obviously quite original. by the second ep things got corny very fast, very hamfisted dramatizing too.

How many episodes have aired?

looking forward to it. Anyone remember that fake character David Cross used to do on very early Colbert Report episodes? Before Colbert turned into a character-breaking Obama praiser David Cross would basically be playing a parody of a generic liberal guy and I can't find any video now but it was hilarious.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

So ready for this. And although they tended to stay away from direct parody and topical humor, they still have 15+ years of culture to draw from since Mr. Show ended. Interesting to see how it shapes up.

Edited by melancholera

yeah that was a really strong start for season 2. They were riffing on so many different Coen brothers movie this time too. They had an obvious nod to Donnie interrupting in the bowling alley (from Lebowski) during the bingo scene (instead of a Vietnam vet, the gruff of the 3 is an 80s conspiracy theorist). They also outro'd the show with a song from O' brother. PRetty weird they're playing with all those obvious nods but somehow it works. Also liked the Culkin kid playing the Buscemi dumb bad guy role

The cast is interesting. Looking forward to see what Bruce Campbell brings as Ronald Reagan or what role he even has in the story, probably just background to emphasize some themes in the main story. Is Kirsten Dunst's character going to be as despicable as Martin Freeman's character was?

So, I've only watched the first episode of the new season of The Leftovers, but what on Earth have they done to the intro?! The first season started out with Max Richter's beautiful tune..

...and the new season starts out with the worst country crap...

I can't tell if it's supposed to be a joke?

Is Kirsten Dunst's character going to be as despicable as Martin Freeman's character was?

She was for me. There's been several events like the one she committed that have happened over the years. I have a real disdain for people that have done that. She could have been free & clear if she would have done the right thing. But, we wouldn't have a show I guess.

conspiracy theories, ufo, The Fratelli-esque Gerhardts, blood mixing with the milk/coffee / 10

cinematography was ace also.

its been pretty good though, minus the terrible intro music.

I loved the first season and I'll watch episode 2 tonight. But I really don't like the new setting and I hope they know what they're doing now that they've used up all the material from the book.

Who decided to put the Commish on Gotham? I fucking hate that wobbly warhead. Alfred struck Selina Kyle in the face with a closed fist, and she's like 14 years old at this point, that was unexpected.

So stoked on Fargo. Can't wait to see where they go with this season.

did you watch the first episodE?

who else noticed all the crazy homages to other coen movies besides Fargo, i counted at least 5 (man who wasn't there, big lebowski, blood simple, o' brother, a serious man)

Wow, I really liked that first episode of the new season of Fargo.

That Jesse Plemon's voice is almost identical to another actor's voice, but I can't remember who that is. Help me out here.

So stoked on Fargo. Can't wait to see where they go with this season.

did you watch the first episodE?

who else noticed all the crazy homages to other coen movies besides Fargo, i counted at least 5 (man who wasn't there, big lebowski, blood simple, o' brother, a serious man)

Nick Offerman definitely channeled his inner Walter, the song during the end credits was in O Brother Where Art Thou, but I didn't catch the other two references?

Like most here Fargo!!! The first season was probably my favorite new TV in the last few years!

Also We Bare Bears

Face Off (special effects and make up competition)

Gravity Falls

I try to refrain myself from watching Fargo... so that I'll have a couple of episodes to watch in a row hehe.

Loved s01, and am damn curious to see Offerman in that show.

Didn't think much of the new Fargo (was good in some ways though, shot beautifully for example), but then I didn't like the first couple of episodes of S1 either and ended up loving that.

Didn't think much of the new Fargo (was good in some ways though, shot beautifully for example), but then I didn't like the first couple of episodes of S1 either and ended up loving that.

I can see that. I didn't like the S01 premiere all that much, and was unsure. I turned out to be quite wrong.

S02 premiere was basically the set-up/introduction if you will. I'm quite sure it will turn into a beast. From what most critics say, it's definitely sounding like it will. Critics got the first 4 episodes of S02. Must be nice...

Edited by olo