IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I watched the Craig of the Creek 5-part season finale Capture the Flag today. It was amazing!!!! Completely exceeded my expectations I adored every second of it. I cannot wait for Season 4.

Craig Of The Creek GIF by Cartoon Network

Supernatural - Really needed a new show so went through this entire series.  It's pretty campy at times, but overall i enjoyed it.  You really fall in love with the characters.

Happy Endings - Reminded me of How I Met Your Mother, just with less plot and storyline.  It wasn't great and wasn't horrible.  I wonder if they could've fleshed it out more if it hadn't been canceled.

Game of Thrones - Been waiting for the right time to get into this, i figure it's so out of pop culture by now that it was that time.  Onto Season 3 and I've liked it so far.  I can see why it got so much hype, it keeps you on the edge of your seat most of the time.  Only question is why do all of Ned Stark's kids look like they have some kind of down syndrome?  Or is that just how British people all look.

Edited by lyst

9 hours ago, lyst said:

Supernatural - Really needed a new show so went through this entire series.  It's pretty campy at times, but overall i enjoyed it.  You really fall in love with the characters.

Happy Endings - Reminded me of How I Met Your Mother, just with less plot and storyline.  It wasn't great and wasn't horrible.  I wonder if they could've fleshed it out more if it hadn't been canceled.

Game of Thrones - Been waiting for the right time to get into this, i figure it's so out of pop culture by now that it was that time.  Onto Season 3 and I've liked it so far.  I can see why it got so much hype, it keeps you on the edge of your seat most of the time.  Only question is why do all of Ned Stark's kids look like they have some kind of down syndrome?  Or is that just how British people all look.

We used to watch Happy Endings, my girlfriend at the time loved it, and HIMYM. After Happy Endings got canceled, Damon Wayans Jr. went back to New Girl, and they even referenced it. A cute show for its time.

GameCenter CX (Japanese) - currently plowing through all 25 seasons of it to catch up. Way ahead of its time, considering how many people watch people play games these days...

v1.dDs5NjYxNjM7ajsxODg2NjsxMjAwOzI1NjA7M

this was very entertaining if you can ignore the fact that the story has been rehashed about 10 billion times. the producers however knew this and have added a new element for assist the talking heads with their rehash of the story: a lie detector AI. 

^ looks interesting. I googled it and then read the first 1/8th of this article that's behind a stupid paywall but the first few paragraphs raise an interesting question which is: what if the same technology was applied retrospectively to things like videos of court testimony (or, I suppose, even prospectively). Seems totally unlikely in the near term... but in the long term? Who knows, we've got fucking Amazon AI firing contract workers at will ....

Back OT: Loki. GD I'm loving it. Thought Ep 3 was a bit of a let down but 4+5 have been nonstop awesome, and suspect on rewatch 3 just provides a nice, contemplative, character building bridge for the rest of the whole. Also really enjoying the week to week suspense - usually avoid that shit like the plague but it's been fantastic fun. If they stick the landing, this may end up taking up the next to top spot in favorite Marvel things ever (#1 goes to Legion, forever and always)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ looks interesting. I googled it and then read the first 1/8th of this article that's behind a stupid paywall but the first few paragraphs raise an interesting question which is: what if the same technology was applied retrospectively to things like videos of court testimony (or, I suppose, even prospectively). Seems totally unlikely in the near term... but in the long term? Who knows, we've got fucking Amazon AI firing contract workers at will ....

that's why concerned "innocent" people have already started working on AI lawyers to circumvent this intrusion to privacy

23 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

that's why concerned "innocent" people have already started working on AI lawyers to circumvent this intrusion to privacy

Thnx for the link that's... I don't know. Fascinating? Disturbing? We had a similar presentation provided by the folks at IBM a couple of years back w/ the aim of using AI to parse information in the medical record to increase efficiency/predict patterns/etc. .. ..same ideas, just overlaid onto different datasets. .. 

I hope someday there will be an AI that will create IDM for me that will be distributed to a demographic determined by an AI that ends up being a bunch of AI bots having a rave inside a computer. Also: 

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Back OT: Loki. GD I'm loving it. Thought Ep 3 was a bit of a let down but 4+5 have been nonstop awesome, and suspect on rewatch 3 just provides a nice, contemplative, character building bridge for the rest of the whole. Also really enjoying the week to week suspense - usually avoid that shit like the plague but it's been fantastic fun. If they stick the landing, this may end up taking up the next to top spot in favorite Marvel things ever (#1 goes to Legion, forever and always)

If Loki all leads to the baddie we’re expecting, then great. If not, a wasted opportunity for world building. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

If Loki all leads to the baddie we’re expecting, then great. If not, a wasted opportunity for world building. 

IKR?!!

Loki season finale. Fantastic. I feel like it's getting a fair amount of hate in the press for serving a setup for the rest of the Marvel Phase IV stuff instead of being a definitive season end but I totally disagree. Given that there is a promised S2 it's a perfect, cliffhanger episode that still brings main narrative themes, character arcs, and plots to a natural feeling conclusion, while setting up where things go next. 

It's also incredibly exciting (to me) to see the caliber of thing that Marvel is pushing forward with this - this was an incredibly well acted, nuanced, fascinating series that entertained but still managed to be contemplative about its characters, had bombast but also felt incredibly personal. It's also an argument for why a tight six hours is a better format than a feature film - it allows room for development and a story to breathe, while also remaining taut. 

In a way, it feels like what Feige is (amazingly) doing is providing the sort of depth, interweaving, and coherence that existed in the comics for a long time into the medium of film/tv - something that seems like it'd be easy but is as much an art as anything. The ending frankly makes me super excited for all the "next things" - it's got that "oh, crap, now I need to buy the spider man comics 'cause I just gotta know how that's all going to fit in" sort of feeling I've not felt outside of the comic genre. 

Also: 

Spoiler

Jonathan Majors... damn man. I mean. damn. Dude crushed it. A dialogue heavy episode could have been an utter bore in the wrong person's hands but I was hanging on every word. And I still can't tell for sure what his endgame is. Utterly unnerving, and if this is a "benevolent" variant of Kang/Immortus/whathave you then I can't wait to see what he does with the eventual "real" Kang we'll end up meeting (or his numerous variants). Hot shit. 

21 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Loki season finale. Fantastic. I feel like it's getting a fair amount of hate in the press for serving a setup for the rest of the Marvel Phase IV stuff instead of being a definitive season end but I totally disagree. Given that there is a promised S2 it's a perfect, cliffhanger episode that still brings main narrative themes, character arcs, and plots to a natural feeling conclusion, while setting up where things go next. 

It's also incredibly exciting (to me) to see the caliber of thing that Marvel is pushing forward with this - this was an incredibly well acted, nuanced, fascinating series that entertained but still managed to be contemplative about its characters, had bombast but also felt incredibly personal. It's also an argument for why a tight six hours is a better format than a feature film - it allows room for development and a story to breathe, while also remaining taut. 

In a way, it feels like what Feige is (amazingly) doing is providing the sort of depth, interweaving, and coherence that existed in the comics for a long time into the medium of film/tv - something that seems like it'd be easy but is as much an art as anything. The ending frankly makes me super excited for all the "next things" - it's got that "oh, crap, now I need to buy the spider man comics 'cause I just gotta know how that's all going to fit in" sort of feeling I've not felt outside of the comic genre. 

Also: 

Hide contents

Jonathan Majors... damn man. I mean. damn. Dude crushed it. A dialogue heavy episode could have been an utter bore in the wrong person's hands but I was hanging on every word. And I still can't tell for sure what his endgame is. Utterly unnerving, and if this is a "benevolent" variant of Kang/Immortus/whathave you then I can't wait to see what he does with the eventual "real" Kang we'll end up meeting (or his numerous variants). Hot shit. 

It was great, and the best of the MCU Disney+ shows so far, having been filmed and produced entirely during COVID, it didn't have to be re-written midseason like WandaVision, and Falcon/Winter Soldier did. 

Spoiler

Majors was great, and it was cool to the see the next big baddie as the "mild mannered scientist" before his fall, that only usually happens in Spider-Man films. The way they introduced him as well was smart; anyone who doesn't watch season 1&2 of Loki will still have an introduction to Kang in Ant-Man 3, so it's not crucial to the main MCU storyline going forward, but those who did see Loki, will have the extra context of who Nathaniel Richards was, before his variants caused havoc across the multiverse. Lots of groundwork being laid for the Fantastic 4/Doctor Doom franchise. I'm sure we'll see different versions of Kang on screen for the next decade.

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1i-tqwrssIwH4A7ZNsNf

the first episode of this series is the heather tallchief case which i remember pretty well from unsolved mysteries and eventually on amw so this is essentially "her version" of events. it's just a little overly produced but over sensationalized but entertaining nonetheless

I'm having fun with the second season of black summer, the only zombie show worth watching. So far it's much better than the first season.

Edited by Silent Member

spacer.png

I'm a few episodes into this now. one of those shows that makes you mad while watching. truly disturbing this surgeon was able to get away with this as long as he did. Baldwin's performance so far has been remarkably restrained, while Christian Slater is overacting the hell out of it.

3 minutes ago, zero said:

spacer.png

I'm a few episodes into this now. one of those shows that makes you mad while watching. truly disturbing this surgeon was able to get away with this as long as he did. Baldwin's performance so far has been remarkably restrained, while Christian Slater is overacting the hell out of it.

This just makes me want to watch more Fringe 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:24 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Just started season 2

E6519F72-F9BC-4CD0-8FEF-7235EEB333E5.jpeg

Tim and Lonely island are spinning some real gold here. Could be a subforum.

• Like 1

‘Was’ watching Animal Kingdom. Done a season and a half, and kind of losing interest. Part of it appeals to me but another part of me thinks I should be spending my viewing time much more wisely.

26 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

‘Was’ watching Animal Kingdom. Done a season and a half, and kind of losing interest. Part of it appeals to me but another part of me thinks I should be spending my viewing time much more wisely.

After season 2, it really went downhill

• Like 1

I think the bit when our bunch of coked up clowns go for a bit of paint gunning and rob a high security military base was beginning of the end for me. 

5e5cd251e9fd76a0c0e60a86-large.jpg?cache

had no idea this was even coming out yesterday, but decided to check it out because of all the hoopla surrounding the showrunner

firstly: most of the voice casting doesn't work. the guy playing adam doesn't sound convinced he knows what's going on, and lena headey (playing evil-lyn) doesn't sound convincing. sarah michelle gellar is the most beautiful woman in the world so no complaints there.

second complaint is exactly what everyone is complaining about. according to kevin smith, this is based off the early 2000 cartoon because the one that anyone thinks of is owned by filmation. so anyone going into this without knowing that might be in some serious disappointment. 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sophie: A Murder in West Cork

probably not the intention of it, but this made me fall head over heels in love with Cork. 

great little series, recommended