IGNORED

TNGHT - TNGHT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest interr0bangr

Yeah, I'm a big Lunice fan so this release is really, really disappointing.

Way too basic and by-the-numbers to get me excited.

Morbidly Obese Hiphop straight in your face

mo-2.jpg

it's too bad it's only 4 tracks in a half long, i wish they just released a full album

why all the hate, they put millionair producers like NERD and timbaland to shit! this is a great snack EP :music: bounce!

Morbidly Obese Hiphop straight in your face

it's too bad it's only 4 tracks in a half long, i wish they just released a full album

why all the hate, they put millionair producers like NERD and timbaland to shit! this is a great snack EP :music: bounce!

I would be interested in a full album too, yes.

Now guys, let's not pick on the poor fellow. He's obviously hard up for snares as he keeps using the same anemic, canned sounding one. We should take up a collection and get him some healthier sounding snares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought I would give this a shot, since I'm feeling a less judgmental and more open-minded. I still think it fucking sucked putrid, puckering anus. But hey, 2,910 youtube "likes" can't be wrong. Perhaps I should revise my opinion in light of the fact that I belong to the 95 "dislikes" minority. If warprecords has taught me anything, it's that the best music is that which appeals to the larger crowds, especially on such fora of intellectual and artistic exhange as youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

Trap?

Yknow, trap rap. Shit like Gucci Mane.

From the soundcloud "trap" tagged page (these examples are probably derivative examples from white kids emulating southern "trap" music, but that's what tnght is too, so...):

lol listening to those beats I can just see the creators holding down the note repeat buttons on their drum pads and slamming their heads around like Lunice* was doing in that first video. Drumming on a real "trap set" is a hell of a lot more fun and really lets that aggression out, but these kids prefer to hold a button and get a nice hi-hat that sounds like it's been cut on a diamond.

button mashing preset music for part-time underage gangsters on their way to the hamptons. Best New Music 2012. :cat:

It's basically just what's been the sound of southern rap music for the last 8 or so years, but now every electronic music producer has taken the aesthetics of it and made their corny sounding beats. Not mentioning race because most of the producers of the original rap tunes were white to begin with.

That sound was played out & cliche here on the radio long before Girl Unit, Rustie, Lunice, and all the EDM kids got a hold of it. Now it's all the fuck over Beatport.

*vom*

Ah ok. I kinda get it now. I've just seen a few fellow producers go on about it recently, and didn't want to ask. I thought it was something they made up, like footwork's slow version, 'scuff'.

It's basically just what's been the sound of southern rap music for the last 8 or so years, but now every electronic music producer has taken the aesthetics of it and made their corny sounding beats. Not mentioning race because most of the producers of the original rap tunes were white to begin with.

That sound was played out & cliche here on the radio long before Girl Unit, Rustie, Lunice, and all the EDM kids got a hold of it. Now it's all the fuck over Beatport.

*vom*

I don't understand the 'trap' thing. It confuses me. As you said, that sound has been dominating pop radio for my whole damn life. People drawling on about their cars and bitches and money, in every town in the USA, regardless of race, there is a self-proclaimed gangsta with a set of 400 watt subs in their shitty car, rumbling through the neighborhood. And the thing is, I even like it in some occasions, there is something quite powerful about sittin in a car with your homies, smoking blunts and letting your bass piss everyone off. But I got into electronic music almost directly in response to how much I disliked pop music, so why the hell would I want to hear it now, with no vocals, boring synths, ....?

*note: I haven't actually bought this ep so I'm not really talking about it in particular

Archived