IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Fair warning that it's a California IPA and thus is very hoppy. It's definitely one of the more palatable ones, though. Definitely not an East coast or English IPA which has a more complex flavor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just had one of these, really nice, unexpectedly fruity though.

1154-13852-v4_product_img.jpg

In the Netherlands this and other Belgian beers can be had for about €1.50 euros from a supermarket. Whenever there I am constantly going to stock up.

Stick ya craft beer shops up ya arse. I prefer a good old fashioned offy with an unexpected humungous selection of finer beers. Cotteridge Wines in Brum is one of the best in the cuntry.

Yours truly,

Real Ale Twat3fc7bf803204967caf3bbceacc744add.jpg

I prefer a good old fashioned offy with an unexpected humungous selection of finer beers.

That's exactly what this place is jeez, wind ya kneck in son :^)

Edited by Herr Jan
deleted picture for malware

Had a few Pictish Ales (Lancashire) on draught recently from a pub not too far from me (Royal Standard, Wooburn Green). Very nice indeed.

Feel pretty jealous those of you who have wonderful beer cave shops near you, though on the other hand probably a good thing that I don't have one  :whistling:

Edited by beerwolf

Drinking this new Sierra Nevada Pronto IPA w mango and hibiscus. Is rally very good. And the whole massive fruit IPA trend that's been sweeping the California beer scene for the past few years is something I am definitely onboard with.

• 2 weeks later...

went on a beer run yesterday and filled the wagon with some brews, nothing mind-blowingly exceptional but they were all ones I hadn't yet sampled so I was looking forward to tasting them

Flying Dog - Easy IPA     American styled IPA's are a huge gamble for my tastebuds, but I took the risk (because it had Easy on the label..) this was alright! Maybe not buy it again but didn't pour it down the sink either. 

Estrella Damm - Inedit    Yep enjoyed this one, nothing to write home about but could probably drink this until the cows come home

Portobello Brewery - London Pilsner    Same as Inedit. Nowt special but could drink until another herd of cows come home.

West Berkshire Brewery - Good Old Boy    This is being touted from corners of CAMRA as some legendary brew. Lol It was fucking foul! 

Also managed to snag a fine bottle of cider might post up the picture a bit later as it looks a bit special...

Edited by beerwolf

I had quite a treat last night.  Went to visit some close friends after they had returned from vacationing in Europe (one is German, the other Belgian).  They know I have a thing for Trappist beer, and as a birthday gift they brought me back a bottle of Westvleteren 12.  I about shit a brick.

We sat there and shared it over lamb shanks, potatoes, and burgers.  It was amazing.  I never thought I would get to try this beer, at least without having to travel to the monastery in Belgium.

lxQWqZC.jpg

VIejWLB.jpg

Westy 12! Lucky dog....

Been enjoying this Odell Rupture while playing some World of Warships tonight, very nice fresh hop aroma and flavor, not very bitter. Apparently they grind the hops fresh daily before adding to the brew.

Xiwnq9c.jpg

I had quite a treat last night.  Went to visit some close friends after they had returned from vacationing in Europe (one is German, the other Belgian).  They know I have a thing for Trappist beer, and as a birthday gift they brought me back a bottle of Westvleteren 12.  I about shit a brick.

We sat there and shared it over lamb shanks, potatoes, and burgers.  It was amazing.  I never thought I would get to try this beer, at least without having to travel to the monastery in Belgium.

lxQWqZC.jpg

VIejWLB.jpg

Noice dude, I have 2 atm but not really had an occasion to open them...

Just got this to have with the Twin Peaks finale

beer_176670.jpg

Mikkeller-Monks-Brew-Bourbon.jpg

Just got back from Prague and they have a wicked craft beer scene over there. Highly recommend U Kunštátů if you're ever in the city, huge selection of bottles and they'll do a six glasses taster board for you (~2 pints in total), and a quiet courtyard away from the tourists for hot days. Particular fav was Clock by brewery of the same name, lovely fruity American Pale.

Fat Cat round the corner has some tasty brews too.

• 1 month later...

Noice dude, I have 2 atm but not really had an occasion to open them...

Just got this to have with the Twin Peaks finale

Mikkeller-Monks-Brew-Bourbon.jpg

mm Monks Brew (sometimes in bottles labelled Monk's Elixir, I did a side by side and they were identical?). Such a good beer. 

Sometimes we get lucky and find those for $4 or so a bottle.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

ugh I went looking for a Torpedo today in M&S and they've stopped selling them :catrage:

my local has loads, as no one really bothers with them apart from my goodself (fools, as its quite a special beer but I don't drink 'em that often) 

managed to get my paws on 5 Delirium from Tesco (that was all that was on the shelf), that's three times they've just randomly appeared on the shelf out-of-nowhere, and I always salute the Holy God of Beer for this glorious blessing :catsalute:

Edited by beerwolf