IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Oooh I've probably missed an area or two already, but I'm sure trying not to. Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for the next bit :) lol so you're one of those type of invaders? Punk! ;)

sent using magic space waves

Oh yeah, invading has always been my favourite thing in Souls. Sadly DS3 forces invaders to almost always go up against hosts with phantoms, so using stealth as often as I can helps a lot. Wait for the group to engage a mini boss or tough enemy and get in there. Considering how difficult it is to punish estus chugging or bad weapon swings it's really the most effective strategy for invaders. My favourite kill last night was when TWO blue sentinels ran right past my disguise, leaving the host open to finish off. Nice work fellas :catrecline:

Very true, but overall the invading seems to be at least comparable to DS2, if not improved in ways. I've been mostly summoning some Reds for just 1v1, after Pontiff seems to be the hub...but good lord did I get invaded hard in that area by some ganking bastards two or three times when I was kindled.

They delayed Zelda til 2017 too! Wtf Miyamoto get it together man.

Zelda was delayed again to give them time to get the NX version ready. Nintendo supposedly decided to delay the NX to ensure there are enough games at launch. I think that was under consideration, but got nervous when Sony started talking about an enhanced PS4 (aka Playstation Neo) and whatever Microsoft is/isn't doing and wanted to avoid comparisons between the NX and whatever they do.

I would wager that the majority of NX launch games are going to be enhanced versions of existing Wii U games - Zelda, Smash, Mario Maker, Splatoon, possibly a Mario game in the mix as well. I really hope Nintendo has a solid idea and platform behind NX, because unless they decide to go mobile-only, their hardware business is going to die on the vine a la Sega.

Nintendo also announced that their next mobile games will be based on Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem, and will be more like pure games rather than social experiences a la Miitomo was. Miitomo has 10 million unique accounts now, according to Nintendo.

Finished DS3, including that bastard secret boss - those in the know will know who I am talking about.

The Ni-Oh demo is pretty damn good - they shamelessly ripped off Dark Souls, but I really like the theme and the visuals are well done.

The Mirror's Edge beta was OK, but the game seemed more like an uprezzed version of the original.

Thanks to PSN's Golden Week sale, I finally broke down and bought Darius Burst Chronicles CS - I forgot how hard the Darius games were. Beautiful visuals and music though.

I also got Gravity Rush Remastered - I really like this game, strong Studio Ghibli vibe from the story/setting so far. Controls were wonky at first, but I am getting used to them.

think i'm gonna nab mega man legends, armored core, misadventures of tron bonne, and suikoden ii from the psn sale. all games i've never played for just under $12. turning my vita/vita tv into a little emulation station

also may psplus games:

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, PS3
God of War: Ghost of Sparta, PS Vita
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PS3
Switch Galaxy Ultra, PS4, PS Vita
Table Top Racing: World Tour, PS4
Tropico 5, PS4

meh...

Playing Metroid Zero Mission on GBA again. The experience is better now then it was 12 years ago when it was fresh.

I've still got my Game Boy Micro from 2005 but I can't find my copy of Zero Mission. It's basically the original NES Metroid remastered. I'd love to play it again some time, even if that means ordering another copy.

Just watched Bethesda's Twitch channel on single-player campaign coverage for the upcoming Doom. Pretty sure it was enough to convince me where my next sixty bucks will go.

Edited by ambermonk

yeah meh free playstation plus games again this month

sometimes you get some gold, i'm still playing broforce when my bros come over, love the hysterical moments when you reach the end of the level and then you have to try to get to the choppa first

Guest bitroast

think i'm gonna nab mega man legends, armored core, misadventures of tron bonne, and suikoden ii from the psn sale. all games i've never played for just under $12. turning my vita/vita tv into a little emulation station

oh shit. armored core is on sale? i never played em before but the recent fromsoftware/miyazaki interview talking about wanting to put the Souls series on hold to focus on new fresh projects and maybe bringing back armored core piked my interest in it a bit. went ahead and purchased 2-3-4 off ebay pretty cheap :^) ((( here's hoping i don't hate them )))

That "Fox in Space" Episode 1 or whatever is legit. If Nintendo decide to take legal action they'll make asses of themselves.

Anyway I finally got around to giving Dark Souls a try. I barely left that first dungeon with the undead and I ran into some big demon less than ten minutes in and got my ass whooped. Plus the awkward camera angles just don't feel natural.
I dunno. Just not feeling it, despite all the hype it's gotten. Then again I've always preferred games with a sci-fi setting.

Still making my way through Dark Souls, not sure how many hours I'm at accurately cause I've left the game running while resting in corners... been playing pretty slow as well though. A little bummed though cause I messed up the

Anri of Astora questline, I killed the assassin so I couldn't 'marry her" even though I found the tomb... I figured I didn't want Anri to die. Oh well, I did help her beat Aldrich, as a phantom... I'll do it in NG+

questline.

Currently stuck on

beating Aldrich, Devourer of the gods in Anor Londo for my own questline... His fucking arrow rain in the 2nd phase is fucking reking me!

... The return to

Anor Londo

is fucking me up, those knights on the steps are assholes.

Edited by ghOsty

Ghosty, dude, wtf. spoilers much? There's a questline in the game?!? And you can get fucking STUCK on something? And jesus man, there are KNIGHTS ON STEPS why would you not give additional spoiler warning for that?!?!? That sounds like an AMAZING idea but now when I come across those knights on steps the feeling isn't going to be one of euphoria having run into them totally blind.. unfriended on facebook.

Edited by Brisbot

Hey, I appreciate the option of not reading spoilers, though I've passed all that so I'm good...though i didnt know about the marriage. Also, the second half arrow rain is a bitch...but it can be outrun with a full stamina bar/rolling/weaving. Good luck with it, it took me a bit!

oh shit. armored core is on sale? i never played em before but the recent fromsoftware/miyazaki interview talking about wanting to put the Souls series on hold to focus on new fresh projects and maybe bringing back armored core piked my interest in it a bit. went ahead and purchased 2-3-4 off ebay pretty cheap :^) ((( here's hoping i don't hate them )))

i never played ps1 era armored core and only a little of ps3 era armored core but ps2 era armored core was the fuggin' awesome. if you got all the games cheap i'm sure you won't be dissapointed

Yeah I wen't a little heavy with the spoiler tags, guess I've been spending too much time on the subreddit. people have been getting pissed about any little detail being given away for those that haven't beaten it yet on there...

What assassin are you talking about? The hidden character in the Church?

Yeah, the pilgrim... you're not supposed to kill him if you want the 3rd ending. I killed the shit out of him though thinking I'd be protecting Anri. I did save Oniobro though, so I'm happy about that.

i never played ps1 era armored core and only a little of ps3 era armored core but ps2 era armored core was the fuggin' awesome. if you got all the games cheap i'm sure you won't be dissapointed

oh and i just remembered that from did the last batch of tenchu games (which ended up being pretty bad) but i'd love to see that franchise revived.