IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Alien: Isolation is fucking great. the A E S T H E T I C S.

I ran facefirst into a xeno at 3am this morning because I stumbled into a box on the far side of a big empty lobby away from it. first real scare I've had in a game in a long time.

Playing that game with the dynamic sound range on and hearing huge volumes of bassy sirens rumble out suddenly while being plunged into darkness were terrifying if great times.

60fps on PC makes the xeno so much more scary too.

I ran facefirst into a xeno at 3am this morning because I stumbled into a box on the far side of a big empty lobby away from it. first real scare I've had in a game in a long time.

Playing that game with the dynamic sound range on and hearing huge volumes of bassy sirens rumble out suddenly while being plunged into darkness were terrifying if great times.

absolutely. my ears have become attuned to the slightest sound of thumping in the vents. I had to turn the music down a bit because it was interfering.

absolutely. my ears have become attuned to the slightest sound of thumping in the vents. I had to turn the music down a bit because it was interfering.

I turned the music off entirely, as it was just acting like an announcement most of the time.

Dark Souls getting a possible remastered trilogy release on Switch

according to who ? :psyduck:

Laura Kate Dale, "she" has proven to be a pretty reliable Nintendo leak source so far.

From Software is listed as a Switch developer... I'd hope they'd put one of their new IPs on it though instead.

GameCube games will be added to Virtual Console on Switch; Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Smash Bros Melee already being ported, original Animal Crossing also in the works. It sounds like they will produce GameCube controller attachments as well.

I'd love to see the remastered Star Wars Rogue Squadron Trilogy released, that Factor 5 had ready to go on Wii years ago, but since they regrouped as a new developer, who knows if they still own that IP anymore.

Finally trying out Fallout 4 with mods, now that it's been out for over a year. Decided to start a fresh playthrough from scratch tho in case it corrupted any previous saves.

Playing through the prologue again though on the day of nuclear armageddon struck a deeper chord this time with me. Just thinking like "please, don't let this game end up being a simulator for real life"

GameCube games will be added to Virtual Console on Switch; Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Smash Bros Melee already being ported, original Animal Crossing also in the works. It sounds like they will produce GameCube controller attachments as well.

I'd love to see the remastered Star Wars Rogue Squadron Trilogy released, that Factor 5 had ready to go on Wii years ago, but since they regrouped as a new developer, who knows if they still own that IP anymore.

that's enough to make it an insta-buy for me

The world would be a better place if every man, woman, and child beat at least the first challenge of TIS-100.

oooh you remind me i'm stuck at 9 programs after about 11 hours of gameplay since half a year XP... should really try to get back into it, does a really great job at making you feel like a genius when you finally see those numbers flow, especially when you're actually borderline dyscalculiac like me XP... absolutely beautiful game (including demure visual aesthetics)!

wasn't the first segment like literally just mov-ing numbers straight to outlets, tho?

planning to gift my humble self its spiritual successor for christmas:

http://www.zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/

The world would be a better place if every man, woman, and child beat at least the first challenge of TIS-100.

oooh you remind me i'm stuck at 9 programs after about 11 hours of gameplay since half a year XP... should really try to get back into it, does a really great job at making you feel like a genius when you finally see those numbers flow, especially when you're actually borderline dyscalculiac like me XP... absolutely beautiful game (including demure visual aesthetics)!

wasn't the first segment like literally just mov-ing numbers straight to outlets, tho?

planning to gift my humble self its spiritual successor for christmas:

http://www.zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/

Damn, I heard about this but didn't bother to check it out because I wanted to finish TIS-100 first. This looks awesome, though! I put TIS-100 down for a few months and solved one more puzzle a couple weeks ago. I'm most of the way through the main set of puzzles but the graphics stuff is making my head hurt. Plus I keep giving into the temptation to optimize my old stuff, heh.

I think the first exercise was literally just a MOV. A lot of these are not going to appeal to people who aren't coders or aspiring coders, and I'm sure even a majority of coders would think they were a waste of time. But it's a great little minimal environment for developing a mental model of what computers are doing under the hood, and building complexity up from very simple atomic components like you do in TIS-100 is something I think everyone should experience. 

completely agree!

like i said i'm a total noob but that makes it all the more satisfying when things finally get goin, specially cos these aren't puzzles you can just trial n error your way through, it has to be within you first and that's a most beautiful feeling indeed!

i made my intentions true and managed to solve "signal edge detector" in actually quite a short time recently, funny what an off-time and a fresh mind suddenly can do. it didnt even seem very hard this time although a year ago or so i just couldn't get behind it for the life of me and instead skipped right to "sequence reverser" and "signal multiplyer" which i did manage, so now i finally unlocked those graphic puzzles! the first was rather simple but now i'm stuck again lol... optimizing is out of the question atm, totally happy if i get stuff done at all XP...

shenzhen is supposed to be easier, a reason for critique from some hardcore zachtronic-heads apparently... but i guess that'll make it even more up my messy little ally :P

Edited by jaderpansen

Guest bitroast

switch appeared live on jimmy fallon (ugh) and demonstrated wee bit of new zelda. hard to say cos the event was very orchestrated and maybe it was just a nice tucked in little corner of the map where not much was happening .. but .. the frame rate seemed FINE ??? *hype intensifies again*

Anyone try that Let It Die that's free with PS+ this month? It's pretty weird, like Dark Souls on crack but it's kinda intriguing once you figure out the quirks.

Anyone try that Let It Die that's free with PS+ this month? It's pretty weird, like Dark Souls on crack but it's kinda intriguing once you figure out the quirks.

it's free to play, you don't need PS+ - you'll realise how brutal the monetisation system is the further up the tower you get

I do like it, some stuff needs polishing (like TDM) but it's good fun. Up to 12th floor at the moment. My main concern is what happens once a player reaches the 40th floor, there needs to be some end-game to convince me to bother climbing to the top.

Combat is a bit drab too

switch appeared live on jimmy fallon (ugh) and demonstrated wee bit of new zelda. hard to say cos the event was very orchestrated and maybe it was just a nice tucked in little corner of the map where not much was happening .. but .. the frame rate seemed FINE ??? *hype intensifies again*

7:19 - running down off that plateau thing. choppy as fuck. 

It sounds like Super Mario Run needs a constant internet connection to function, wtf is the point of a single player mobile game you can't play while flying and traveling? I'm hoping there's a slim chance it will still work.

It sounds like Super Mario Run needs a constant internet connection to function, wtf is the point of a single player mobile game you can't play while flying and traveling? I'm hoping there's a slim chance it will still work.

I don't see the problem? Aren't most phones on 4G/3G pretty much constantly?

I don't see the problem? Aren't most phones on 4G/3G pretty much constantly?

Living in a remote area or traveling overseas where there is no roaming partner