IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

22 minutes ago, o00o said:

Quake might not be a good example of an optimized switch game. I didn’t buy quake but in doom eternal this way of playing works really well for me. Metroid Prime does it really good as well. But it might be different as these games where released on consoles while quake was a pc release as far as I remember 

there are some games designed for mouse and keyboard like Hotline Miami that did not work for me on the switch but most mouse controlled games like portal or Diablo III do a really good job mapping everything to the controllers. If you are not sure before you get a new game search YouTube for reviews they often state if the controls do not work well on consoles 

Thanks, Trust me I have searched alot before buying. Everyone is hyping it alot! Nobody have said anything bad about it.. 

I think Im the one who making it all "wrong" but Im gonna see what I can do. Strange if I need to angle the whole console to aim!! 
That can not work with the TV. I just wish I knew what setting that is in the Option Controller menu 

Okey Motion Option is off 

It is so diffcult to control.. Is people really playing fps on consoles? 

I have been in the controller option menu around 1 hour now and nothing seems to work. 
There is no option on what button I need to push for open the doors?? 

When I press X on the door it says "Use both buttons to open" what both buttons? I have pressed them all but nothing happens. 
Uhh this is a nightmare. I want like an expert gamer showin exactly how to configure this controller. It is crazy difficult! 

Yeah as I said this game might just not be optimized for consoles. Console first 3D shooters take that into account from the start. In addition most 3D shooters do not play as well as they do on pc

Lets go! God this game is so amazing but very difficult, Im already chased by those robots and can not even kill them. 

I think I will get the Pro Controller just får the best experience.. 

IMG_20231020_201745_660.thumb.jpg.29122fcd816528e25f5176fc89453b3b.jpg

• Like 2

Alan Wake 2 has me intrigued, I absolutely adored the Federal Bureau of Control in 2019's Control, I hope there'll be lots of hidden lore tidbits to find again. The Twin Peaks/True Detective inspiration has me excited, I love this shit like you wouldn't believe. Hope it's not too short, I'll explore every nook and cranny at a snail's pace regardless:gamer:

35 minutes ago, chronical said:

I absolutely adored the Federal Bureau of Control in 2019's Control,:gamer:

I played Control for the first time last week. Its a bit confusing to find the way sometimes but I really like the story. 

currently still playing Mario Wonders. and as it gets more complex they keep introducing new mechanics and enemies which keeps everything really interesting and rewarding. 

Edited by o00o

the 3ds screen wasn't detachable was it?

it could be used as a cheap vr device like this when detached: 

Google's fabric VR headset is based on the "clothes we love to wear"

sill pretty skeptical about this 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

they mention in the comments that there was a patent filling before the release of the switch which looked like this:

Untitled

Edited by o00o
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:22 PM, cern said:

It is so diffcult to control.. Is people really playing fps on consoles? 

I have never *ever* been able to play an FPS with a joypad. The only time I found it even remotely possible was playing a very slow sniper in Goldeneye back in the day !

• Like 2

i "beat" diablo 4... at least the scripted part of the game. I guess there's a bunch of sidequest stuff and leveling up i could do but i was pretty bored by this game. probably going to checkout AC6 next. I'm like ~30% of the way though Demon Souls but need a break from the dungeon crawling stuff.

^ I'm glad I didn't get sucked into that bullshit. (but then I ended up getting sucked into Warframe so the final joke's on me)

On 10/31/2023 at 1:19 AM, mcbpete said:

I have never *ever* been able to play an FPS with a joypad. The only time I found it even remotely possible was playing a very slow sniper in Goldeneye back in the day !

the concept of slow sniping is creasing me up.

started playing COCOON again. I really like that it gets more and more alien over time. the puzzle work mostly with portal pearls that interact with each other and trigger different ways of transportation in the environment. so you are mostly managing multiple portals between worlds trying to find a way to the next pearl opening another more alien world. 

there are also boss fights that are pretty amazing visually 

GIF_B2_15.gif?format=2500w

GIF_A_15.gif

GIF_C5_15.gif?format=2500w

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 3:42 PM, exitonly said:

i was pretty bored by this game.

did you play the other diablos? Its always kind of the same concept that you either like or hate  

5 hours ago, o00o said:

did you play the other diablos? Its always kind of the same concept that you either like or hate  

i played the original one as a kid for about a day, i didn’t get that one either but i figured i’d give it a shot. oh well.

I am taking advantage of a week of vacation to finally play Dwarf Fortress. My first fort is being demolished by a horde of undead as I'm typing. Learning curve is definitely steep but it's also really fun, first time in a while that I'm so hooked on a game !

On 11/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, zkom said:

Lol, with all the Cyberpunk 2077 hype and remembering how overhyped games went before just going to be eating my popcorn here. Remember Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, Black & White, Elite II: Frontiers.. ?

I mean it's not necessarily a bad game but it's pretty much impossible to live up to the expectations at this point so I'm betting on a backlash anytime soon.

This post aged pretty well lol

1 hour ago, o00o said:

Did you play the extension and the updated game? There are some pretty positive reviews about it

Yeah, it's basically 100% fixed now, I actually love the game. I was just (d00m)scrolling through this thread a little and just loled at how prophetic that post was regarding the initial release.