lone survivor - forgetting all the political crap about why we were in Afghanistan, the movie is pretty intense. two thumbs up.

Yeah lol I ate some acid the other day and watched it with a friend and loved it. I couldn't decide if it was an action movie or a really dark buddy comedy at heart, with them rolling down hills to escape all the time and also the intense face wounds seemed funny as well idk.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) out of ¯\(シ)/¯

Edited by DerWaschbar

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the Lego movie

it's killing robocrap @ the box office

watched the matrix the other day (on tv). surprisingly, i found it extremely cheesy- mostly because of the very philosophical dialogue everyone (especially the oracle) delivered like

"oh, i don't apologize about the vase"

what vase?

*drops vase

"that one"

how did you know....

"a better question is- would you still have dropped it if i never mentioned it?"

it does this the entire film and it's very annoying with morpheus being the real culprit of the plato talking

Edited by Nebraska

i think Matrix was already on the verge of being a horribly cheesy film back when it came out. The leather coats, the sun glasses, the militant look of all those who had 'awoken', the wire-foo martial arts for no reason, the dialogue, the reference to mescaline (the cheesiest like un-schooled psychedelic reference always dropped in films) in the opening 10 minutes of the movie. It's a borderline mess of a movie and I think it was only really 'saved' by the special effects, which for the time were kinda ground-breaking.

i think Matrix was already on the verge of being a horribly cheesy film back when it came out. The leather coats, the sun glasses, the militant look of all those who had 'awoken', the wire-foo martial arts for no reason, the dialogue, the reference to mescaline (the cheesiest like un-schooled psychedelic reference always dropped in films) in the opening 10 minutes of the movie. It's a borderline mess of a movie and I think it was only really 'saved' by the special effects, which for the time were kinda ground-breaking.

LOL I caught the Matrix on TV a few months back and wish I never did. It utterly stamped out any of the nostalgia I had.

Maybe I've changed, but it is incredibly cheesy. Hasn't aged well in the slightest.

i watched the matrix on a sick day when i was 13 and fucking loved it, but yeah it truely is dire. i tried to re-watch a few years ago and didnt even make it to any of the shooting parts, it made my brain hurt with cheese.

Yeah I also failed to rewatch it a couple of months back, I don't understand what was wrong with me back when I liked it. Did they put something in the water supply? It's a terrible film.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Alexander (2004), remember watching this was quite good in a days and after almost 10 years still like this movie, almost 4h epic gay historical drama, with some laughable performances !

The Man Who Fell To Earth

Some really neat and trippy'tastic imagery here and it looks absolutely gorgeous on bluray, but it all goes on a tad' too long while maintaining a rather confusing story line - wanted to love it, but it kept me distant.

Naked Bowie is not so good/10

tumblr_m8bdt1szaQ1r58875o1_500.gif

Robocop - could have done with a darker edge like Elite Squad but a decent intelligent none glossy sci-fi flick just don't expect anything like the original as it's totally the opposite. 7.8/10

Wolf of Wall St - classic 9.9/10

Dallas Buyers Club - average film but the strong cast keep it worthwhile 8/10

Amrican Husstle - good retro hair styling and constant 70's hit slow motion montages stitch together a pretty ropey wannabe film. 5/10

Enter the Void - Starts ace then just plods along. Some great self indulgent yet creative camera work that's quite innovative but sadly wasted. 6.5/10

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Lego Movie

I wish I had seen it cold without the critics all saying nice things about it. But then if they hadn't said nice things I wouldn't have gone. It was good and funny but the whole time I felt like it wasn't good or funny enough. fuck you brain

Inside Llewyn Davis - 9/10

Dawgs, i love this film. Who the hell would want to beat up a folk singer outside a folk club? It's got my favourite scene of the year in it with the cat on the subway, the cats glancing by all these station stops its like ''WTF am i doing on the subway in 1961".

Guest igloos unlmtd

Watched Pasolini's Cantebury Tales on Netflix & really liked it. I never had the stomach for Salo but this one jives with his style very well & is less over the top.. but still Pasolini.

I wouldn't say Jarmusch is untalented, maybe at times a bit overrated. I couldn't get through The Limits Of Control. Making an action film without the action seemed like an amusing concept, he just failed to replace the action with anything interesting.

still

Dead Man

Down By Law

Stranger Than Paradise

Also, Ghost Dog is really nice.

There is a pretty good documentary called Blank City which explores the underground DIY style film making scene of the early 80s which Jarmusch was a part of.