Brain Damage

Psychedelic exploitation style dark comedy horror fun here, and it's so so much fun! Highly recommended! It takes a lil' while to find it's feet, but when it does, boy it hits the marks - shocks, laughs, gross outs....just pure fun! Watch it!

Monstrous deep throat/10

braindamagespurt.jpg

Edge Of Tomorrow - It had its moments, but was generally disappointing.

Locke - This was a real treat for the lover of minimalist cinema in me. One of the best films I've seen in a long time.

Watched "In the Mouth of Madness" for about the 10th time in my life. Thought it was cheesy the last time I saw it, but not so much now. Good paranoid, claustrophobic sci-fi horror film. RecommendedJohnCarpenterfun/10. Or like a solid 7.

Edited by melancholera

Watched "In the Mouth of Madness" for about the 10th time in my life. Thought it was cheesy the last time I saw it, but not so much now. Good paranoid, claustrophobic sci-fi horror film. RecommendedJohnCarpenterfun/10. Or like a solid 7.

Oh man I love that movie...8.5-9/10 (though I wouldn't expect everyone to feel that way)

Elysium - I can't believe this movie got made. The script was so brain-dead and full of holes. Terrible. 2/10

Samurai Cop

Hilarious/10

(if you're not familiar with this - yes this film is 100% serious - made by an Iranian trying to make a 'hollywood action film', stories of the cast giving up half way through and purposely doing bad performances so he wouldn't use the scenes...but using them anyway, and having to re-shoot loads of cut-aways in his office after the shoot was over - plus Samurai Cop cut his hair after filming and they had to give him a terrible wig for some of the re-shoots, all great great stuff)

Edited by TRiP

Nightbreed - Director's Cut coming Oct 28 with a new edit by Clive Barker, 40 min of new / alt footage. Artwork for both versions is horrendous, should have used the artist currently doing the comic.

4F69B3DB-678C-4264-9B9A-A5AA67C3A257_zps

6E4CC031-D15F-42DE-8732-D0187A6500E9_zps

BFD200AC-DF28-4307-8618-84EA33DFB647_zps

Testament (1983)

51STtRO36-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Focuses on the aftermath of a holocaust in a small California town. A take on the red scare in the early 80s. Focuses on the aftermath from a families perspective. The film has a made for TV vibe, but the way it depicts the events after the nuke attack is a much different take than what you'd expect. No anarchy or crazy effects, just a town still trying to persevere. Radiation poisoning slowly starts to take effect through the town & into the family unit the film focuses on. There's no escape for the fallout. For folks on here with kids, there were some gutting sequences of a mother doing the best to keep her children alive, but in the end cannot do anything about it. A scene where her son starts shitting blood in the middle of the night was a rather tough watch. A hopeless situation which leads to a hopeless ending as you know no one is going to survive. An interesting watch for a quiet take on a holocaust scenario along the lines of Grave of the Fireflies. A depressing watch really.

Edited by olo

Terror at the Mall is heartbreakingly beautiful. Amazing documentary, proving religious ideologies are ultimately dangerous in the hands of idiots. Also shows the positive power of humans in the face of immediate survival and horror. The courage that these people had during this crisis gives me hope for the humans. The way the Kenyan police dealt with it kills all that hope I had built up. We are better at ruling ourselves.

Yeah mos def.

I have it but haven't attempted it yet. Stephen King praises it a great deal and name drops it few times in different novels (The Stand being the one I can remember right now)

I started Shardik, also by Adams, a few years back but didn't finish it. That one also has a Stephen King connection lol.

Edit. Oh yeah, films recently watched:

Night of The Comet ('84) Starts out with Day of The Triffids style comet action but everyone gets vapourized rather than blinded. Excepting our two heroines (who happen to be sisters) and the people who become zombies (obviously).

This one is screamingly 80's. My fave part was the musical montage where the two sisters put down their uzis and played dress up in a mall to a soundtrack of Cindi Lauper.

Nightmares ('83) Horror anthology film. worth watching to see what Tron would've been like if it starred a punk rocking, arcade hustling Emilio Estevez and a dream sequence featuring Lars Henrikson as a priest being menaced by a goat and throwing an acidic space-snake. or something.

Nightwish ('90) 'A professor and four graduate students journey to a crumbling mansion to investigate paranormal activity and must battle ghosts, aliens and satanic entities.'

And it's even better than that sounds.

Edited by hello spiral

Nightmares ('83) Horror anthology film. worth watching to see what Tron would've been like if it starred a punk rocking, arcade hustling Emilio Estevez and a dream sequence featuring Lars Henrikson as a priest being menaced by a goat and throwing an acidic space-snake. or something.

Ha, I've seen this and have no idea why, probably because Estevez in it. The demon jeep thing bursting out the ground was awesome, I draw a blank on the rest.