51vfxHDddCL._SX342_.jpg

Watched this. I liked the film a lot, the ending is heartbreaking. Wonder if it has anything to do with Nanou2 by the pilchard d jamz? The end would fit the track very well. Such a beautiful piece.

anywayyys

and this one

MV5BMTg5MTE2NjA4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTUy

Bruuuutal fight choreography, terrible dubbing to English and clocked in at a whopping two and a half hour run time. It's like the Titanic of ass-kickery.

the girl with the dragon tattoo (fincher) - better and more engaging than the original but still pretty stupid and nevertheless quite enjoyable. i mean the whole films gravitates around this extremely implausible character - a fucked up teen who somehow turned out to be a super genius, irl chances are something like that would end up a underdeveloped and semi-retarded incapable recluse, and yet they choose to make a hero out of this unlikely exception, kinda shoddy. i liked her acting though, those oscar nominated agonizing buttrape screams (great butt btw, the good butt genes probably run in the family - see kate mara in house of cards) are one thing but otherwise it's very understated and subtle and effective. but on the other hand you have those cliched "villain speaks about how fucked up he is for 15 minutes until the hero is saved", "the brilliant investigations" scenes complete with photos and arrows on the wall and "flawlessly ripping off a bad guy with impunity". i guess overall it can be categorized as a little pretentious and stupid revenge flick but decently directed and acted.

Soundtrack was quite a massive trent reznor banger too.

yeah, i don't like nin at all but the soundtrack was really good in that.

contact - haven't seen this one for a decade i think and i liked it even more than i remember. sure its has its fair share of zemeckis cheese, cartoonish villains and their karmic justice and one dimensional characters, but it portrays this drive and sense of discovery beautifully, and the society--politics-science-religion thing is also done well (that is without sacrificing entertainment value). what kinda bothered me is how quickly they went over the engineering issue, it would make more sense to portray some of the process as it seemed pretty much effortless, like, "here's a manual from space for building something you don't even understand", and woop, here we have the thing ready and operational. but yeah, it's a very enjoyable and wide-eyed optimistic flick that deals with interesting issues and is very well driven by foster.

Did I mentioned that I watched Into the Storm? What I thought would be a mind numbing catastrophy movie was the most boring and embarrassing piece of crap I've watched in a loooong time.

i'll sleep when i'm dead - 9/10 - well done gangster movie, though simple story-wise

from one second to the next - 10/10 - short herzog doc about texting while driving. kind of more like a public service announcement. made me cry :cry:

Guest transmisiones ferox

Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy - 9/10

remember was bored when watching it in cinema, now it's my favorite dvd, love almost every scene in this movie

Edited by arvy Ictal

The Congress

Reaaaally sweet animation, and a nice sci-fi plot to boot! Buttttt it just doesn't add up, and omits explaining things till it's too late and you've stopped caring anymore...had so much potential, but ultimately it just doesn't gel together

Worth a watch for the animation/10 but probably a 2/5 film

tried watching Noah, but I ended up skimming through most of it. A couple of visually pleasing vignettes, but the rest was painful, utter shit/10

Edited by Gocab

The Congress

Reaaaally sweet animation, and a nice sci-fi plot to boot! Buttttt it just doesn't add up, and omits explaining things till it's too late and you've stopped caring anymore...had so much potential, but ultimately it just doesn't gel together

Worth a watch for the animation/10 but probably a 2/5 film

oh i forgot about that film. Might have to check it out. For a quick skim. [-;

uk trailer, containing music from the movie ('specially the first 3 seconds):

[youtubehd]cD_mQ_n0fcw[/youtubehd]

us trailer. what the fuck is up with the music? none of these tracks or any similar tracks are in the film. it completely changes the feel and atmosphere of it:

[youtubehd]Qwu51SYfQQs[/youtubehd]

anyway, pretty crappy woody allen / wes anderson wannabe. 4/10

Edited by data

Sabotage 6.5/10

If it wasn't for the multiple plot holes this could have been an 7.1

Nicely acted piece with some hard-ass DEA beasts talkin dirty. These guys are real redneck filth like in Joe & Out of the Furnace. Trying to hold them together is Ahrnolt, the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5SmGRs6ZQ8

With Ahrnolt on form like this, seeing the third act slip away in the way it did was disheartening. Ending was dumb, y'all. Dang, dawg.

DjCDMXI.jpg

this is a documentary about a cult known as jejune that's promoting nonchalance located in san francisco. apparently, a bunch of people got into it, and were led on endless mazes and journey's for clues to find either the guy who started the group or more clues to things that will help them get nonchalance. btw: those things are just more clues.

if you think that sounds stupid, then:

it's fake

if not: you should consider joining

Edited by Nebraska

DjCDMXI.jpg

this is a documentary about a cult known as jejune that's promoting nonchalance located in san francisco. apparently, a bunch of people got into it, and were led on endless mazes and journey's for clues to find either the guy who started the group or more clues to things that will help them get nonchalance. btw: those things are just more clues.

if you think that sounds stupid, then:

it's fake

if not: you should consider joining

I stupidly clicked the spoiler tag...and now i'm wondering:

Do you mean the documentary is fake? That's a shame - is it presented as if it's an actual thing that happened, or is it shot like a "film" - sounds really interesting in either case! Just wish i hadn't clicked that spoiler tag :/

Edited by TRiP

We Are What We Are

While watching this I started searching on my smartphone about Kuru (mentioned in the film) and spent the remainder of the film reading about prions, transmissible spongiform encephalopothies, Creutzfeldt Jakob disease, and fungi prions.

We Are What We Are 4.8/10

Researching stuff 8.9/10