godzilla- i was seriously expecting godzilla to turn and salute before diving into the sea at the end,i feel like i,ve seen this film before it was so by the numbers -4/10

kill bill 1- i,ll have to watch the second one again now,cuz i remember thinking it was way better than the 1st when i first seen them both,but this was amazing-9/10

Edited by sunshine recorder

Kill List: Entertaining from begining to end, which is good. The film managed to keep my full attention for the whole hour and a half. It's really well shot, and sets the mood perfectly (spoilers next)

However, I hate films that do not make sense throughout, and don't make sense after you've watched them either. I don't get why everyone knows the protagonist. I don't know why they're happy to be murdered. You don't even get to know what the cult's even about, and that's just lazy writing to me. This doesn't really bother me and still enjoyed it very much; I'd recommend this movie to everybody, but man, I really don't like when they do that

Also, I didn't find till the very end that this is a Warp film, which is nice

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

also The Rover is for people who don't need their hand held when it comes to storytelling/exposition. there's plenty there, if you ain't gittin' it it's over ya haid.

x-men: past in the future tense - quite enjoyable, very nice looking slow mo action shots. none of the shaky cam bullshit where you can't see shit, the story is same old-new iteration of magneto vs xavier but the time traveling thing makes it more interesting. dunno why the hell magneto needed to haul the whole stadium to make his point, seemed kinda stupid. nice acting except maybe j-law who felt like she doesn't quite fit in this whole biz.

Edited by eugene

tmnt was better than i expected it to be because i expected it to be unbearable (had to watch it for my nephew's birthday).

watched the protector 2 which, after i resigned myself to the fact that it was clearly a comedy and not a martial arts film, was almost enjoyable

The Double

7/10 maybe? I don't know why the duplicate protagonist plot device is such a big thing right now. I liked the sense of humor in this film but I thought the surreal elements were kind of gimmicky and underdeveloped. The ending was disappointing. The whole thing borrowed way too much from other films. There was something i really enjoyed about this movie though, despite its flaws.

Sabotage - shit/10 terrible Ahnold flick

2 Guns - shit/10 terrible Denzel flick

my girl picked these, then

Frankenhooker - supercrack/10 low budget 80s shitfest, classic.

*salute*

Nice pick - was very close to watching that the other night with some friends, watched Night of the Creeps instead...which I thought would be as explotation'tastic as i hear Franken' is, but sadly it doesn't go as gratuitous as one would hope, should have hooked it up.

The Double

7/10 maybe? I don't know why the duplicate protagonist plot device is such a big thing right now. I liked the sense of humor in this film but I thought the surreal elements were kind of gimmicky and underdeveloped. The ending was disappointing. The whole thing borrowed way too much from other films. There was something i really enjoyed about this movie though, despite its flaws.

i thought the double was fantastic. saw it in the theatre with mates who all liked it too. loved the humour, pacing, soundtrack. all felt really tight to me. it's based on a dostoevsky short story, no? seems i remember reading that he thought the story was poorly written. still not perfectly clear with what the ending was supposed to convey

watched it at home with my girl and like 1/3 of the way through started noticing her progressively louder sighs. she managed to finish it and said she "didn't hate it"

Pacific Rim - WAT/10. I really don't understand how a movie with this kind of budget can have such a horrid script. I could even buy into the premise (however absurd that it is) if the dialogue and pacing were better. So many forced epic moments that I found myself cringing through most of it.

Yeah, your average power rangers episode has a script better than that crap. I liked the bit where the busted mech appeared at the beach, but that's about it.

Under The Skin - 9/10 - totally wasn't expecting much, thought it was going to be some deeply dark fucked up psychosexual thriller but it turned out being much more interesting and beautiful. Seemed like the output of an extremely mature filmmaker, but didn't feel the same way about Birth or Sexy Beast. It reminded me in part of much cheesier films like Starman or even My Stepmother is an Alien but of course nothing like either of those films. I feel like Jonathan Glazer has hit his There Will Be Blood/Master period, hopefully he continues making more movies this interesting.

Edited by John Ehrlichman