trip: yes to both parts of your question. and now, for something much more deserving of your time:

xtrawest-090618.jpg

this is a documentary about hookers on vancover's legendary west end section, davie street when it used to be the red light district of that town. one of the trans women in this film tells the story about a bad incident she had:

i started work (prostituting) at 9pm. the first trick who picked me up was a regular. i jumped in his car and we drove to a carpark. when we got there he pulled a knife on me and demanded sex with no pay. i did everything he asked- got out of the car and went back to stand at the corner.

15min later, another man stopped. i jumped in his car and we drove to another carpark where he pulled a knife on me and raped me. i did everything he said, got out and went back to stand at the corner.

no more than another 15min passed by an older gentleman, very well dressed, stopped the car and i jumped in his car. he was a very well spoken man, very sophisticated. i liked him immediately- he drove behind some apartments then pulled a gun on me. i did everything he asked me. when i got out of his car, i flagged down a cab and went back home.

DjCDMXI.jpg

this is a documentary about a cult known as jejune that's promoting nonchalance located in san francisco. apparently, a bunch of people got into it, and were led on endless mazes and journey's for clues to find either the guy who started the group or more clues to things that will help them get nonchalance. btw: those things are just more clues.

if you think that sounds stupid, then:

it's fake

if not: you should consider joining

I kinda know a couple of the people in it and they are kind of some of the worst phony hipsters on the planet, so in some ways it's most definitely 'fake', since the people themselves are plastic SF bay area vacuumed souls but I don't know if they are in on it

not sure either but you kinda nailed it with the "fake hipster" definition. it feels like someone watched a documentary about a cult and wanted to "reproduce" that weirdo character but present it for a modern generation- so they just mixed a bunch of things like the usual blabbering philosophy, random jargon and a "far out" mcguffin that everyone is trying to get then got a bunch of assholes that live around bush street (near union square) and told them "just be weird"

everyone that participated in this film probably did the ice bucket challenge despite nobody nominating them. i hope that accurately conveys what i think of them

The Institute sounds like a fucking abomination with these fake SF hipster douche's. Fuck that.

Hooker on Davie, i will check out, sounds like she's having a bad day. Checked it out on imdb, pretty hard to obtain a DVD of this.

godzilla - so incredibly dull and generic and yet it takes itself so seriously with all those epic and beautiful shots, even the 1998 version was somewhat more entertaining than this lifeless turd from what i remember.

while most of godzilla was somewhat dull and generic, i loved pretty much everything from the point where they jump out of the plane (awesome scoring @ that part!) until the fight is over. far, FAR superior to the 1998 version (which is one of the very few movies i nearly walked out on).

edit: i just now realized they used ligeti - requiem for the skydiving scene. thought i recognized it.

Edited by delet...

Local Hero- 8/10, what an unknown gem, such a unique movie that doesn't fit into any bland archetype, with a brilliant sense of humor.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind- 8/10, a beautiful movie, and cool to see one of Hayao Miyazaki's first big successes

Corridors of Blood

Pretty good. Good pacing and performances overall. Refreshing to have gore left to the imagination.

7/10

looks like a good'un. "shock after shock after shock, this picture is not for timid souls"

I never understood the need for gore imO, well except if it's schlock cheesefest, which i grew out of many moons ago as a teenager. I prefer the menace of the unknown, unmentioned and unhinged.

c4nPt9s.jpg

a girl has unprotected sex (please use condoms) with a random dude at a party then begins to basically fall apart, puking blood, eyes rotting, teeth and hair falling out and that massive sore/wound on the mouth. unfortunately, nobody seems to be acting like this is serious. in fact, after finding her puking about a bucket full of blood in the bathroom, her mom just sort of casually goes "what are you doing? are you okay?"

That last xmen movie.

I forgot the actual title. Which is quite telling actually. For what it was, it wasn't bad though. But the most interesting things were how they portrayed the seventies, and any second where you have jlaw running around in that blue paintjob thingy. Besides that, this one made me mostly wonder how long hollywood will be able to cash in to stuff that was basically already made around the beginning of this century. It feels like going to a summer festival with a line up of bands which were successful in the nineties.

c4nPt9s.jpg

a girl has unprotected sex (please use condoms) with a random dude at a party then begins to basically fall apart, puking blood, eyes rotting, teeth and hair falling out and that massive sore/wound on the mouth. unfortunately, nobody seems to be acting like this is serious. in fact, after finding her puking about a bucket full of blood in the bathroom, her mom just sort of casually goes "what are you doing? are you okay?"

this looks like the dumbest shit ever. I found the whole thing on youtube, will probably watch later.

I just watched American Graffiti, a film I love, but only watched once or perhaps twice in my life. So it was real cool watching it again. I think the last minute of this film is so special, R D getting on the turboprop, flying over the desert and seeing the white t-bird, blue skies, and the hum of the plane. Goodbye to good friends. Love it. Can't give it a number out of ten.

Edited by beerwolf

c4nPt9s.jpg

this looks like the dumbest shit ever. I found the whole thing on youtube, will probably watch later.

I'll probably have to watch this too, but it seems weirdly out of step in a time when no one seems to be scared of STDs anymore. Someone should have made this in 1991.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Is anybody here watched Boyhood yet? The reviews are pretty surreal ,100/100 at imdb mettascore, is drama can be that mindblowing... I really enjoy Linklater movies

Edited by arvy Ictal