Trash Humpers?! How? I thought that was the film equivalent of rubbing shit into your eyes. 

i actually loved that film. i think the idea was to make a film that was something like an actual found footage vhs similar to uncle goddamn

Z2R3ENK.jpg

netflix were banking on something (maybe) equally as popular as making a murderer. unfortunately, there are no proper twists like that documentary (which btw was much longer and more complex). this is told straight and sober like- but what kinda makes the character of amanda knox unlikeable is how she seems both bitchy and slightly a media whore.

the other "victims" seem to be caught up in an unlucky situation of circumstance; like a slightly flashier version of cops that takes place in perugia italy. the real person i felt sorry for was meredith kercher because they seem completely unconcerned about her besides how her murder has (supposedly) fucked up these other lives. 

fuck them / ten

Caught that too. She's just not a particularly interesting or charismatic figure at all. Not on that Bob Durst level.

I watched this right after the The Fear of 13 (also on Netflix), a much better doc about a much more interesting person.

Edited by doublename

turd humpers? it was quite entertaining if you ask me, which you didn't.

I didn't but I am still intrigued what there is to enjoy, I don't wish to sound like a dick. I have such a low bar when it comes to films, I'd watch any old bollocks, but I couldn't make it past the halfway point. I really like the idea but their laughs were so irritating and it was so very, very dull. Grating laugh, shagging a bin, repeat, repeat etc.

I didn't but I am still intrigued what there is to enjoy, I don't wish to sound like a dick. I have such a low bar when it comes to films, I'd watch any old bollocks, but I couldn't make it past the halfway point. I really like the idea but their laughs were so irritating and it was so very, very dull. Grating laugh, shagging a bin, repeat, repeat etc.

i've the ravenous appetite for drooly-smelly-grotesque-old-people-non-sequitur-wheelchair-trash-humpy, so, needless to say i was very pleased. i'm quite easily satisfied by a wide range of visual media; including many things you would not expect. the flim could be looked at as being dull yes. i found it to be charmingly dull..

The Act of Killing

It's a documentary about the massacres in Indonesia in the late 60s. I used bold and big letters to show how recommendable it is :)

They follow a group of people who executed the massacres against the communist and film their shocking remorselessness

The Act of Killing

It's a documentary about the massacres in Indonesia in the late 60s. I used bold and big letters to show how recommendable it is :)

They follow a group of people who executed the massacres against the communist and film their shocking remorselessness

Amazing documentary. That ending.

theroux.jpg

this was brilliant. very entertaining. i didn't think i'd like it so much since 'going clear' covered a lot of ground and was very good, but this really approached the 'church' from a louis theroux angle which (luckily) made the subject seem a little new(ish). 

highly recommended. 

9 squirrel chasers with cameras out of 10

btw i noticed something funny in this film i never saw from louis' other films. anytime he's driving and someone is talking to him, he NEVER looks at them. he just looks forward or out the window like he's not listening.

also recommended:

https://vimeo.com/159449591

Edited by Nebraska

i've the ravenous appetite for drooly-smelly-grotesque-old-people-non-sequitur-wheelchair-trash-humpy, so, needless to say i was very pleased. i'm quite easily satisfied by a wide range of visual media; including many things you would not expect. the flim could be looked at as being dull yes. i found it to be charmingly dull..

Haha, I can't argue with that, and I am intrigued by these satisfying things I would not expect. 

Just watched World War Z, perhaps considering I haven't watched any Walking Dead so I'm not zombied out or was expecting much at all from this I was really surprised how good it was. I like the way it started off as big-time big-budget movie in America and ended up in a quiet creepy lab in the Welsh countryside.

Maybe a bit high but I'll give it an 8.5/10

That part where they were singing in Jerusalem had me loling with tears

theroux.jpg

this was brilliant. very entertaining. i didn't think i'd like it so much since 'going clear' covered a lot of ground and was very good, but this really approached the 'church' from a louis theroux angle which (luckily) made the subject seem a little new(ish). 

highly recommended. 

btw i noticed something funny in this film i never saw from louis' other films. anytime he's driving and someone is talking to him, he NEVER looks at them. he just looks forward or out the window like he's not listening.

the BBC did a re-jig of Louis T's semi-infamous program on Britain's leading celebrity pedophile, Jimmy Savile, earlier this week, well worth tracking down

dont know how much folks outside of these isles are aware of the massive extent of sexual abuse cases, assaults & general creepiness of Sir Child Fucking Necrophiliac, but it was utterly bizarre watching Louis review previous footage & clips of Savile's encounters with the public that brought a genuine edge to things

its not often that the power of odd gets so succinctly dissected, nonetheless v refreshing seeing such a prolific documentary maker questioning his role, subject matter and (with hindsight) coercion into such a seedy, sleazy and malevolent world

uncomfortable but compelling/10 (although technically its a tv show)

certain women - great as expected. reichardt is just one of those filmmakers who make perfect movies (whether you personally like them or not), you really get that sense that she gets everything completely right and exactly as intended. every scene feels meaningful and in the right place...the acting, music, cinematography and sound - all flawless. this one is probably closest to "wendy and lucy" with its understated emotional intensity and humanism, but more loaded with things to say about different issues the 4 women brush with. the third story especially is quietly devastating despite being completely familiar, which again proves how great of a director reichardt is. it really left me quite stunned, forcing to soak it all in till the very end of credits.

r8Yu72L.jpg

there are a group of bros that meet in downtown los angeles to compete in a sport called competitive endurance tickling. it looks very homoerotic, but they all insist they're not gay. each bro is paid about $1000-$3000/video.

the company that hires these guys is called jane o'brien media. they pay all the boys in cash, and if they're not in los angeles, they'll be flown in, first class, and put up in 5 star hotel. all so they can make tickling videos for jane o'brien. all inquires to jane o'brien though are answered by debbie kuhn, the vice president of the company. so who are jane o'brien and debbie kuhn?

whilst the documentary subject is incredibly interesting it's actually made more like an investigative tv programme. it's unfortunate that the filmmakers don't have the legal team, the research capabilities or the professional talent to really blow the whistle on this operation (maybe should've contacted errol morris to see whether he had a few tips or something)-

but these guys had balls. and the subject matter kinda makes up for the rest, but there was still a few questions that weren't fully answered that are now nagging me.

7.6 tickly feathers out 10

theroux.jpg

highly recommended. 

the BBC did a re-jig of Louis T's semi-infamous program on Britain's leading celebrity pedophile, Jimmy Savile, earlier this week, well worth tracking down

dont know how much folks outside of these isles are aware of the massive extent of sexual abuse cases, assaults & general creepiness of Sir Child Fucking Necrophiliac, but it was utterly bizarre watching Louis review previous footage & clips of Savile's encounters with the public that brought a genuine edge to things

its not often that the power of odd gets so succinctly dissected, nonetheless v refreshing seeing such a prolific documentary maker questioning his role, subject matter and (with hindsight) coercion into such a seedy, sleazy and malevolent world

uncomfortable but compelling/10 (although technically its a tv show)

yeah I'm gonna watch that later

theroux.jpg

highly recommended. 

Ok, so I thought this documentary was pretty ok, but there were a couple of things that rubbed me the wrong way. To be honest, I thought Louis Theroux was kinda annoying in this one. I don't know if it's something I've never noticed before about Louis Theroux or maybe he was just being more extreme about it but it seemed like he was channeling his inner Bill Maher and the way he acted in "Religulous". These long stares where he just looks at the interviewee were pretty annoying, because it happened over and over and over. And in general, his childish way of acting in front of the "Squirrel-Buster"-people and all the other Scientology people got a little long in the tooth. I also kinda agreed with Marty when he got super pissed at Louis Theroux near the end of the film.

But apart from that it was pretty cool seeing them recreate situations from Marty's past and seeing how fast Scientology picks up on anything negative that seems to be going on about that.

^^^ it's interesting you didn't like the "long stares" because that's actually what made me laugh the most. i think louis provokes those awkward moments to try and give his films character and sometimes they can backfire (eg. in the case of 'louis and the nazis' when he gets kicked out of the skinhead house because he wouldn't tell them if he was jewish or not and just stared them down)

i thought this documentary would've easily been boring had it not been for the scientologists who kept showing up to film them which only validated what he was trying to say about them.