Lights Out - Babadook without the brains and more jump scares. Still enjoyed it, it's short which is very refreshing, but the end seemed a bit tasteless and confusing. 

babadook fuckin sucked

Yes!

Spoiler that hideous child.

Never!

Spoiler that hideous child.

He was the real horror of that movie, similar to the ultra-whiny bitch from The Road.

Yes!

Yeah but didn't you guys like the really cool motif about how if you don't confront your demons and work with them they'll just haunt you and hold you back from moving on? I mean that was so cool. The dead husband. His clothes. They were in the basement. Down there. Don't go down there. But you have to. For life.

Yeah but didn't you guys like the really cool motif about how if you don't confront your demons and work with them they'll just haunt you and hold you back from moving on? I mean that was so cool. The dead husband. His clothes. They were in the basement. Down there. Don't go down there. But you have to. For life.

Oh yeah? Well wait until you lose your husband, see how you handle it. A fucking babadook with Joyrex's face, that's what's going to happen.

Independence Day 2 - 80% exposition, 20% action, who fucking cares about all the convoluted back story, just make stuff blowed up real good. Also terrible acting, even for Emmerich.

CGi Robert Loggia doesn't help.

Also terrible acting, even for Emmerich.

ah but com'on, Emmerich aint' no actor director, he's a pop-corn director

(haven't seen the film btw, but just saying. My mate said he watched it in India of all places, said he enjoyed it for what it is)

Independence Day 2 was fucking atrocious. One of the worst pieces of shit I've seen in a long time.

Watched Sausage Party last week, was very meh.

92352d6cf4bf60a2cff096aa5fc0b82a.jpg

proof that americans can/and will be fans of anything- this is a crowdfunded documentary about back to the future and fanatics of the film. it wasn't bad, definitely better than the raiders documentary, but it would get boring whenever they talk to the fans and their obsession with the film. i wish it just focused on the making of the film- on the other hand, it's kinda drawn out when it felt more like supplementary material that would be featured on a dvd/blurray as an extra

four hoverboards out of ten

Under the Shadow - it had me right up until a moment under the bed that cant be disclosed or disguised cos i dont know how to do the spoiler thingy

still a whole lot better than 99% of the gash that poses as horror these days, ie shit gore bollix or inane found footage boo-hoo wank

just wish the main character's immersion in djinn/occult mysticism had been explored more fully cos that coincides w/her transition from wtf to get me out of here.....it could really have amped up the psychological disorder of the mother/daughter experience as every1 slowly leaves Tehran from the war raging all around them. The dream elements also coulda been layered in more, so that disorientation effect was further amplified

still a pretty good feast for Persian-esque persuasions & i loved the Jane Fonda/culturally porous licks that fleshed out the mother's world in particular.

contrast it with The Witch & it seems better in most departments by comparison

7.5/10

I'd genuinely be into that to hear an adult's perspective on Back to the Future. I showed a friend Raiders of the Lost Ark and she damn near fell of the couch laughing at the end. She thought the movie as a whole was p dumb tbqh.

Fuck Star Wars though.

Edited by doublename

I have never seen Back to the Future. or any Star Wars film. just missed them as a kid.

I watched all the Star Wars films last year before the new one came out. Overrated, wouldn't watch any of it again tbh. 

It's probably one of those things that you'd have to have seen as a kid to have an affection for.