https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia%27s_Eyes

Los Ojos de Julia - always got to be said in a dodgy Raul Julia accent. 

Also I'm with Rubin on the horror binge - keep posting updates here as and when. 

Ah yes, remember hearing about this awhile ago but never got around to it so will do this evening, thanks. October is on the way and horror will dominate the month. 

This wasn't supernatural at all! But quite good, and enjoyable enough that when the stupid bits happened at the end I wasn't too angry.

the wailing - felt like a korean version of the witch, ( ie, unexplained and senseless evil that messes up everything for no understandable reason) that gets everything completely wrong. the first half hour is this painfully unfunny korean slasptick about dumb cops. then when it gets to business it's just an overlong slog and a poor mishmash of genres. takes that play out for twice the long that is needed to be effective, overemphasized emotions, everyone is sweaty/gritty/dirty/bloody all the time. a supposedly intense exorcism scene was just loud and not intense at all. dull zombie fight etc. there are really just two effective scenes, and one of which is almost a straight ripoff from the exorcist. there are possibly some allegories about korea's social ills and shit but i doubt anyone would care much about that.

Quite a lot of Korean films have what seems to be mad tone/genre shifts throughout, been meaning to watch that for awhile and loved The Witch so think our tastes may differ. 

Something Wicked This Way Comes - During Disney's attempt at attracting an older audience, Jonathan Pryce looking awesome as fuck in a sweet suit, Pam Greer, a creepy carnival, I really enjoyed this one.

cripes theres quite a bit of "i watched this awful film.....and it was AWFUL" in this fred

so much Super-Hero wank & vapid bollix masquerading as culture

btw the last time i typed summat like this it lead to a ban

it can only be the sweet bird of youth offering the mirage of limitless time to waste on god awful crap

*disclaimer, fuck it Schlitze'll do that 4 me

VlCC4eQ.jpg

from the opening shot where you see the director's initials that go away after his name is spelled out only to appear underneath the title again

this moment alone made me want to brick the cunt in the face

someone should tell NWR it takes more than initials to even begin to be conisidered a genuine auteur

theres an interview vid on youlube of him speaking to Kenneth Anger, where the latter is squirming within a few minutes.... i just hope Ken dolloped some hardcore curses on the upstart twat afterward

Swiss Army Man

One of the best movies I've watched this year

I don't know about that, but it's definitely the best film in the Harry Potter series.

*edit shit new page*

re:swiss army man

nice! i'm looking forward to it. my buddy said he started it but it was really gross. i'm guessing that kinda tapers off as the story becomes more well rounded and would line up with the early festival buzz about people walking out on early portions of the movie.

some recent pleb films:

saw deep water horizon friday. covered my ears for half of the movie (thanks liemax) but other than that it was a decently paced disaster movie. was surprised just how much time they spent blaming the entire thing on bp. i kinda imagined it would be like unstoppable (2010) where they scrubbed csx out of everything. like seriously, malkovich played an absurd caricature of the arrogant executive.

watched the final hunger games movie yesterday. what a horribly edited mess.

jesus christ i hate editing posts. what a mess

Edited by juiceciuj

Wiener Dog

Solondz used to do subtle despair now it is signposted with arrows pointing to it from everywhere. Wiener-Dog theme can be played on repeat. Oh and kids Grandmas are not to be used as some sort of one way cash machine to cover your insecurities or addictions. 

TheAntiMatterOfHomewardBound/10

Edited by Echolalia

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders - My fear of the polecat in this movie is only surpassed by my fear that the police will barge down my door after watching something with so much underage nudity in it. It's in the Criterion Collection, how was I to know? 

960__valerie_week_wonders_03_blu-ray__bl

31 - I didn't think Rob Zombie could get any worse, but he did.  Looks like it was shot on an iPhone.  Maybe it was.

London Has Fallen - fun to watch Londinium get the shit blown out of it, but completely implausible.  The President and his man bitch survived a 4 story fall down an elevator shaft, because 'Merica.

Barbarians at the Gate - Great TV movie about the attempted buyout of RJR Nabisco in the late 80s.

Good evening watmm film boffs *bows*

Spring Breakers. The dreamy druggy fuzzy parts with the spaced out girly commentary and spaced out coloured lights were cool, the rest of it (whatever was left) was a bit of a let down, but Vanessa Hudgens in a bikini made up for that.

9/10

Edited by beerwolf

Junkies at my do', they know that secret knock

One time fo' dat reefa, two time fo' dat rock

Baking soda my best friend, A fork is my fiancee

My crack pot sing and dance, I call that bitch Beyonce

- James Franco

Classic film tbqh

Edited by doublename