Holy_Motors_poster.jpg

this subtitled parisian surrealist mystery has a ‘businessman’ picked up by a limo in the morning & set  ’appointments’ in which he has 2 become a unique character IRL in each, thats recorded by miniature drone cams as entertainment 4 the masses.  his assignments r diverse, hardcore. & a wonderful insight in2 the theatre of life, notions of self & individuality, performance art.

(: / 10

really? That movie was so pointless

it is, what it is. some nice music/cut-scenes(f.i. duran-duran-ordinary world-beat-up), harry potter meets star trek- cast, dead sexy sienna miller...otherwise fits the brit-cockney-heist-goes-badly-wrong-with-music-genre bill..

Edited by iococoi

I watched the first half of I Still Know What You Did Last Summer last night...

...yeah.

Watch the complete trilogy and report back pls.

I was looking for it online but couldn't find it. I'll give it another go

Finished "I still know...". Quite terrible. Didn't seem like Freddy Prince Jr. wanted to be in it. Also whatever happened to Jennifer Love Hewitt? lolz.

And boooooy, did we really waste money on movies like this when we were teenagers? Damn.

Next up is "I Will Always..."

I watched the first half of I Still Know What You Did Last Summer last night...

...yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akn1obVWVTw

Watch the complete trilogy and report back pls.

I was looking for it online but couldn't find it. I'll give it another go

Finished "I still know...". Quite terrible. Didn't seem like Freddy Prince Jr. wanted to be in it. Also whatever happened to Jennifer Love Hewitt? lolz.

And boooooy, did we really waste money on movies like this when we were teenagers? Damn.

Next up is "I Will Always..."

Isn't she whispering at ghosts these days?

Son of Saul - A dark and disturbing, no holds barred depiction of life in Auschwitz. Closely follows a guy who works there and his struggle to get a dead child a proper burial with a Rabbi. Proper heart wrenching but a great watch.

International flight so loads of new flicks I hadn't seen yet:

Doctor Strange

Enjoyed much more than I thought, not a fan of Marvel/super hero flicks but this was refreshingly slightly different from the norm. Worth a watch purely for the visuals

Hands of Stone

Surprised to see this is so poorly rated online, didn't think it was too bad! Really nice editing! starts to fall apart as it progresses through. Loads of time jumps yet the characters never seemed to age. Deniros acting felt a bit senile at times. Bit overall a fairly decent boxer flick.

Captain Fantastic

Also enjoyed this! I think the high altitude when flying affects your emotions so perhaps my bullshit detector wasn't in full swing, but was a nice overall drama package

Hell or High water

Jaypers, just looking at its rating online now - 98% on rotten tomatoes?! This was fairly shite, felt like it was trying too hard. Too many scenes where character are sitting and aimlessly looking into the distance for 'cinematic' effect. Overall twas' just empty and pointless.

Julietta

Bit disappointing, was expecting more from Almodovar. Not necessarily bad, just missing more twists and turns that he usually delivers. A tad' unremarkable.

the infiltrator

Really bad, turned off half way through

Doctor Strange

Enjoyed much more than I thought, not a fan of Marvel/super hero flicks but this was refreshingly slightly different from the norm. Worth a watch purely for the visuals

That one caught me off-guard last weekend, haven't enjoyed a spandex film in a long time. Really well done.

Watched Arrival, watmm seems to hate it, but I thought it was decent. Well made, nice everything, but the main concept was a bit too wishy washy new agey for my sci fi tastes. Still liked it, better than most of the Hollywood shite I watch.

Saw Moonlight last night and i think the hype on this is killing it a little. I dunno, a film about the circle of life, what makes a man, man going full circle, deep things, very subtle and well acted, just needed a bit of extra something. I thought afterwards ''there are loads of films like this, whats so special about this one?''. I watched Mark Kermode's review just now and he is wanking over how great it is from the first frame to the last. I thought Manchester By The Sea was a better film but still way too overpraised. Moonlight was doing something a little different, s'pose, but wasn't blown away. i'm not deep or poetic enough t'would seem.