7f08c62768e9ff3dabf49276dfeca59bae053438

wow, this was a trainwreck! 

i used to really love her show, but before she cancelled it, the quality was really starting to dip. this is more of that, but i honestly think she is drunk or high or on something throughout the entire routine because she overdoes all the "jokes" to the point of running them into the ground. she starts with her usual "my pussy stinks/i love fucking/let me tell you how much i drink trio. then she does all those jokes again but attempts to add "friends" into the scenario (some of whom she's supposedly stolen jokes from)

had to break into my emergency comedy special vault just to get a giggle for the night

watched Mazes and Monsters on a whim last night, not knowing anything about it other than Tom Hanks is in it (his face takes up 60% of the re-released covers of the movie)

pretty decent "so bad it's good" early 80s tv movie cashing in on the D&D hysteria of the time

interesting and surreal WTC footage among other wonderful early 80s tropes, here's a good synopsis on it but the whole thing is also on youtube

anyone who saw this at the time would never have guessed Hanks would be an acclaimed actor later - he's the hammiest (if not worst) leading actor, nice proto-dawson's creek crying in multiple scenes, though the guy playing Daniel is pretty wooden, the gal who went on to be the ex wife in Santa Clause is ok... TBH Jay Jay is the only really likable character (dude wasn't in much besides Meatballs before this). 

Edited by joshuatx

can't remember if i wrote about get out or what but i saw it and it was good and not bad like reeves said.

logan was a decent change of pace from the typical super hero shit. the deadpool thing ahead of the movie that was supposed to be funny got 0 reaction from the audience

They're actually going to remake / reboot The Matrix:

https://qz.com/933122/the-matrix-reboot-hollywood-has-run-out-of-all-the-ideas/

good news. the original is old. who can relate to that crap anymore? 

wish they'd make remakes of the godfather and goodfellas too. the younger generation can't watch those films because they have no CGI or new actors and we need to tell them those stories

elle - flol, so fucking ridiculous it's basically surreal, but entertaining as hell and possibly brilliant as well...though you never really know with this troll. never change paul.

Ok, so they're not rebooting or remaking The Matrix. They're simply going to write more stories set in the The Matrix universe.

hopefully they do like star wars and make the first one basically a remake of the the matrix with a different title and worse actors. i'd hate to go in and watch something original

Edited by Nebraska

elle - flol, so fucking ridiculous it's basically surreal, but entertaining as hell and possibly brilliant as well...though you never really know with this troll. never change paul.

I rewatched Starship Troopers last weekend. It's still brilliant!

Ok, so they're not rebooting or remaking The Matrix. They're simply going to write more stories set in the The Matrix universe.

I liked that the first time when it was called The Animatrix.

rogue one - i guess when you make your characters so absolutely bland and poorly developed the only way to somehow amp up the dramatic effect is to go straight for the ultimate solution and kill them all off, so in that regard it kinda makes sense i guess.

i actually really liked how the film looked and the production design effort, this style of cinematography fitted it quite well surprisingly, plus all those retro-looking tech, gadgets, terminals and costumes gave it a nice feel and didn't feel shoved in blatantly just to please the geeks, they felt like an organic part of the world. too bad there wasn't much of a film to go with all that.

a sci-fi bimbo bastard

by the time they're all done, a marathon 9 film epic will show the post-classic additions in even more stark constrast

Personal Shopper - wanted to hate it, but couldnt. It melds the elements superbly, KS seems to fit the loneliness of her framing better than intended. Deffo worth the price of a big screen/chill/smuggled beverages & vapes = 8 Gitanes/10

Edited by cwmbrancity

Train to Busan - Well, I guess it's better than World War Z. It only takes the collapse of civilization for Workaholic Dad Man to learn that family is what Really Matters.

Edited by doublename